Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
What's with the green fluids? Is Ra's Al Ghul supplying Lazarus Pits to these cults?

DoubleNegative posted:

: Why are we bothering to wipe their memories if we're just going to kill them anyways?

Thank you for asking so I don't have to, random goon.

Also, it's not a fan-game exclusive thing, but I really hate conversations that begin with "As you know", because 95% of the time there's no reason to even say the thing you're following up with if the person already knows.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

In the non-edgy version, Persephone sends them to the Shadow Realm causes them to fade into another dimension activates Detective Mode to show that they're unconscious.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

I am amazed Persephone is still leading the cult as two very public attempts to contact Darkrai end up with her being rejected should shatter any belief the nutters have in her.

Maybe they have amazing health benefi-

Okay yeah, these guys are dumb. Or the other cults are somehow worse.

Draxion posted:

I can only imagine that they don't want to give their costumes back.

Or this. They are good costumes.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Delta Pokemon are from the TCG, right?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

DoubleNegative posted:

The first gym is approximately level 25.

for what purpose :psyduck:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Also, I can't help but wonder why GameFreak hasn't replaced Tackle with Bug Bite on Caterpie yet. Or Struggle Bug, if you're worried about eating new players' berries. Or something with STAB.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

While they might be stepping on Team Aqua and Magma's toes, at least they actually use the kind of Pokemon you'd expect! I'm still mad ORAS did nothing about that.

Also, did he just use a Harry Potter spell on those grunts? :stare:

Also, I'm kind of amazed to see a fan-game that actually has charm. That Delta Dugtrio design is actually pretty cute.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

In all of my experience, Purrloin has the defenses of wet paper mache. So I'd be down for seeing someone try to make it usable!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Onmi posted:

Ash Ketchum showing up as a grunt for the evil team who'd become drunk and depressed over what a failure he was.

:allears:

That sounds so dumb that I can't even take that seriously.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, ignoring the cult and murder stuff, this feels like a typical Pokemon game so far in terms of tone.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Isn't BW the series where he needed to look up what a Koffing was?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

DoubleNegative posted:

This Hiker's rarest pokemon is a Delta Dwebble (Cake).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyesmd3fU_U&t=12s

How is it that a fan-game has better Alolan Pokemon than the main series without even trying to make Alolan Pokemon? :psyduck:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

Should we really be encouraging autocannibalism, though?

If he didn't want to eat himself, maybe he wouldn't be so delicious. :colbert:

Ace of Aces posted:

Uuuuuuugh I loving hate hate hate it when fangames use fan jargon in-universe as if it's an actual thing, directly reference stats, "hurr the pokedex entries are dum", gently caress's sakes.

:yeah:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Miss posted:

yes, and also regular cannibalism, in case he got that from winning a fight with another lovely cakemonster

quote:

It entices strangers with its sweet scent, taking offense if they do not immediately attempt to taste its frosting.

quote:

While it does not mind sharing its pastry with others

Looks like that checks out.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I just got the pun that it's a crab cake. :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Psycho Knight posted:

I brought this up really early in Reborn (I think?)

It is sooooo stupid. I hate it too. It also reinforces the idea that people in this Pokemon world look at Pokemon as spreadsheets instead of living creatures. Just imagine that in a real world setting: "My dog's DEF isn't great, but I EV trained him by throwing a stick a bunch so that his SPD is amazing!"

You don't EV Train your dog? :smug:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

Anyway, I started playing insurgence on the traditional mode bc I wanted to see the differences and the main thing that's different so far is that Darkrai cult just wants to catch Darkrai to rule the world, which to it's credit feels more pokemonish since it's pretty much just a rip off of team plasma or whatever platniums evil team was. Also the guy on the table is sleeping and not dead, which was cute

The guy being drugged into slumber and being offered up to Darkrai so he's subjected to nightmares makes way more sense than killing him because EDGE.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Cultists offering guys up for nightmares to Darkrai, oblivious to the fact that it hates causing that, and thereby causing him to run away to avoid causing torment to people sounds like an easy enough idea to come up with.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Am I the only one who finds it disturbing she brought fossils back to life just to petrify them in stone again?

Also, gently caress you, third place kid.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Oct 10, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Miss posted:

Lol delta geodude looks terrible

:yeah:

This is one instance where I think GameFreak did it better with the Alolan version.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah that's a bit too meta, even if using the Breeder to give that line makes a bit of sense.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mega Pikachu, Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, Emolga, and Dedenne.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

What's with the Silence of the Lambs trainer and his Machop? :catstare:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"Kill it" comment aside, that's a neat side quest and a neat Delta, with an ability that doesn't feel horribly overpowered but still really good. I wish some of these Pokemon were official.

And man, that is an outrageously mean move set up for the first Gym. That's the kind of thing I'd put on my Egg Pokemon if I wanted to replay a game but sweep every trainer in the process, give or take a few moves. A Sunny Day team is pretty good for a Gym concept, though, even if the game was really on the nose about it.

Also, someone explain the trumpet joke to me, unless the "toot my own horn" comment was the joke.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

BlazeEmblem posted:

It's weird seeing Orion giving a hint to what he is going to use in his battle and congratulating you on your victory, compared to Reborn's "You shouldn't fight this gym leader for some stupid reason. Wait, you won? The gym leader is going to die so you don't get anything for winning."

I want to look at the Reborn thread more and more just to see how terrible of a train wreck that game is.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Zereth posted:

He doesn't want to toot his own horn, and his show is about accidentally playing horns.

:negative:

It seems so obvious now that you say it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I had a feeling that might've been Reshiram. I didn't expect it (and Kyurem) to come up so soon, though.

Is he going to have Reshiram for his (presumably existent) rematch team?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kikas posted:

You should use a Delta Crustle and name it Mr. Krabs.

Are you feeling it now, Mr. Krabs?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Epicmissingno posted:

This. The grind is lessened, but it's not gone. It's still not good design to have the level curve be so incredibly steep, even if the game makes bypassing it easier.

Also, the game throwing a Celebi at you? That's just rude, even if it does lose to Bug Bite. Isn't Nora supposed to be keeping it a secret, anyway? What's she doing throwing it around in the middle of a town?

Celebi isn't too tough, is it? Or is it one of those Pokemon with 100 in every stat?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

This game is oddly charming at times.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm sorry, did that say Mega Bong?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

value-brand cereal posted:

"Death threats, huh? Well good luck with that kid! I'm far too busy to call the relevant authorities! Or lend a hand! Also I'm going to ignore that you have a mew, or something!

Well bye!"

This game is great.

Yeah, I was going to say that the part about the dump comes three lines after the mention of a kidnapping. :psyduck:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

DoubleNegative posted:

Xavier hard mode or as it's probably more commonly called... "gently caress this!"

This is the second Gym!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Sounds like something from Gunpoint.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Ryushikaze posted:

I thought he was trying to look like like Decidueye

Now that you mention it, I can see it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Cake crab, nooo. :(

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The real reason they ran away is because all their reserve Pokemon are weak against Shaymin. :v:

Also

Miss posted:

YOU'RE A MONSTER

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Bench edgelord dragon. Acquire dragon bird.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

Is there no way to free the poor fucks that are statuefied? Also why weren't WE statue'd? :tinfoil:

What are you talking abou

Oh.

Oh no. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Me on the left.