Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

I gotta say, I love the fact that Darkrai just wants nothing to do with this loving cult. She just summons him, and he NOPE’s the gently caress out of there. I hope all the cults end up being this pathetic, but probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

I checked a few detla pokemon out, and does seem like some of them at least have movesets to take advantage of the new types. The issue with their stat spreads still stands, though Alolan forms have the same issue. I'm not sure if this game was made after SuMo or not, but I kind of like that the new forms aren't blatently more powerful than their original ones.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

I’d like to vouch for keeping Roggenrola on the team in that case. I used gigalith in a playthrough recently, and had it do wonders.

As for a name... let’s go with Hetfield, cause I’m listening to Metallica right now, and it seems appropriate for an angry crab made of rocks.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

Gonna throw my vote in for Crab Cake. Delta Dwebble is really good, and deserves some love.

And while I get wanting to do different Pokemon for a run, I am a little disappointed by the fact we won’t see how much of a beast delta Gard is. I’ll probably talk about it when we get there, but there is one point where it completely saved my team in a particularly hard boss fight. I’ll won’t talk about here though, I’ll save it for when we get to that point.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

The boobs are weird, but I love how happy Mega Delta Gardivoir looks.

Count me as another person who was amazed by Delta Gardivoir’s ability to gently caress poo poo up. I forget how I came across it, but apparently Delta Gard is one of the most used deltas in this game. Probably because it comes so early, and covers a lot of stuff.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

I would suggest keeping Delta Charizard for now, as it’ll do better for the time being until we can get Delta Mega Pigeot, which is a little bit further.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

Delta Ludicolo is a Pokemon who seems to get a lot of good moves as TMs. In addition to giving it access to Psychic, it also gets Thunderbolt and Ice Beam, in addition to Thunder Wave and Toxic for annoying status moves.

I don’t think anyone would have an issue with cheating in TMs to the shop earlier than they’d show up naturally. Some good Deltas, one in particular I found, get screwed by TM access.

Also I’d like to see you catch a Vibrava and name it Canto. Even if you don’t end up using it much, the developers gave Flygon a lot of cool stuff in this game, and I’d like it if you’d show some of it off.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

Skarmory can’t do anything to Delta Gardevoir, so I just let it spam calm mind and sweep his team. The only issue I had was talonflame being faster, but other than that I had no issue with him.

Also a nice thing about the Rayauaza fight: I managed to beat it with the last Pokemon on my team, but it passed out the same turn due to life orb. Maybe the development team for insurgence thought to be nice, or maybe the game just didn’t know what to do, but it didn’t force me to a center, and considered it my win. It also marked the first time in a Pokemon game where I had a team that was entirely fainted and I could still walk around.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

Ok, now I pretty much HAVE to vote for NATHAN TYPHLOSION

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

I don't remember deoxys being too hard, I think because I invested in Delta Charizard's special defense and health. He couldn't one shot me, so lunar cannon just ripped through him.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

Gonna give a vote for Giratina. Evil dragons deserve love too! Also, check to see if Dumbleduck is usable with our new TMs.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

I actually used Delta Meloetta during the post-game (that design is too good to pass up), and it's actually pretty good. The moves it starts with are pretty much perfect, you have Play Rough and Foul Play for good offensive STAB, sucker punch for priority, and it can be taught the elemental punches if you need the coverage. And it's attack stat is good enough that even without boosting moves, it can hit really hard.

It's magician form looks great, but it's actually worse off, if only because it only gets Focus Blast as a special fighting type move. If it had Aura Sphere, I could see it being a good mixed attacker with Relic Song, but it's base form is still good enough on it's own.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

Huh. So I think you got a glitch or something, because I caught Darkrai in my playthrough and still got the Damian fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

It sorts helps that crystal is a neutral type, not being weak or super-effective against anything. I'm not sure if they have STAB or not though, that might be an issue depending on how strong the moves are.

For the most part I don't mind most of the new types, they only hit a few things for super damage, and mostly work against each other. The only issue I have is sound, which hits a lot more stuff, and being able to go through protect has me worried it'll be too powerful