Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

DoubleNegative posted:

I find myself falling into the same line of thinking constantly. Though thankfully there are a lot of helpful mnemonics for remembering a lot of the type chart. Stuff like...

Psychic's weaknesses are common fears (Bug, the Dark, Ghosts)
Dark is the "evil" type and is weak to Bugs and Fighting because they're heroic types
Fairies are defeated by cold Steel and pollution

also this

But why are bugs heroic. No one thinks bugs themselves are heroic. They're bugs, they're vermin.

Yes I know it's because Kamen Rider, I just still think the logic is silly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Miss posted:

what kind of monster would attack a dratini

People who want to catch one so they can take them home :colbert:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Elchar posted:

I can believe that the release mechanism of a Pokéball can get broken. But I am fairly sure that is something that happens rather often and probably can get fixed easily.

I assume she could also do something like toss the pokeball in a volcano.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

BisbyWorl posted:

I really hope Zenith still uses the table trap door only to forget to install a trap door in the floor as well in this.

Calreath's head just poking out of the table asking for some help while you fight.

"Haha! My master plan, the table trap door! With this, your arms are pinned to your sides, and cannot access your pokeballs!"

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

...Whose Damian, again?

Deoxy-fied non-dumbass rival who turned out to be the kid of Abyssal's leader.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

DoubleNegative posted:

C:\Games\Pokemon Insurgence 1.2.3 Core\Graphics\Titles (or wherever you have Insurgence installed) and at the bottom there should be a list of "reached#.txt" that corresponds to the major legendaries you meet throughout the game. I wish I had known about this before starting the LP, because I totally would have erased all those files to see how the title screen changes as we played through.

... wait, did we meet a Heatran?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I think the Arceus stuff kind of gets a pass, since every faction in Insurgence is based around people misrepresenting or exploiting legendary Pokémon. The Arceus cult is just another cult who happens to be the only one that is decidedly not malicious (up to this point), and is instead lame as hell for mostly comprising canon characters for no good reason. If Arceus shows up and goes “are you there, Amy? It’s me, god, and here’s what I want you to do:” that’ll be hella dumb, but as far as I’m concerned, he cares as much about these dweebs as Darkrai does about Persephone until proven otherwise.

So what you're saying is next update will be "Are you there, Amy? It's me, Arceus, and here's what I want you to do:"

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

iospace posted:

Weird way of spelling Persephone.

Nah, Persephone can't be the best at it. She can't be the best at anything, after all.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

DoubleNegative posted:

: I think it might finally be time to admit you're better than me.

Oh really, Nora? You don't say? Just now?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Regalingualius posted:

Well, apparently they can’t breed (per Bulbapedia), so that should sort itself out sooner or later. :v:

Greninja? That's the battle bond version. Protean can breed for days.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

David Corbett posted:

This would be less jarring if it didn’t come after you had literally saved the universe.

I mean, to be completely fair, it's borderline impossible they'd know that. They've apparently been sitting in place staring at the entrance to the Elite Four for years.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Leonyth posted:

Traditional Part 3 now with less physical violence against children.

This one went a bit funny between my draft and putting it in the poster, hopefully I fixed it all up though.

Wonder if Victory Road is less stupid in Traditional.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Turns out that the entirety of Victory road is angry hatemongers because they realized they couldn't have as good intros as London.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Gimme dat Camerupt.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Kikas posted:

Is Virulence another... Steel/Poison?

No, pure poison.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
... delta tangela, you live in a desert.

How do you have Dry skin.

How are you not dead.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Galick posted:

After this point, I basically envisioned Professor Maple as Professor Crocker and it all made way more sense.

So this, but "DELTA SPECIES LEGENDARY!"

I assume there's a template for this somewhere.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Sperglord Firecock posted:

I think the reason behind Stonehenge is that people just sometimes do poo poo and it doesnt have to make sense

Everyone in that area had a really really long drug trip and woke up in the middle of Stonehenge, having built it while high out of their minds.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
But how can Electivire die a thousand deaths if you don't remove him from his box to die?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
I was looking through things and was reminded that Delta Crustle's hidden ability was Simple, which must be absolutely monstrous with Shell Smash. So I want that to happen at least once just for the entertainment of the sheer murder by cake. Not that Delta Crustle wasn't already murderous, but maximum murder is good.

I don't know if this is actually viable since I have no idea how many of the items that you need to change abilities to hidden abilities you can get.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

LiefKatano posted:

...Source? Delta Regice looks like a Water-type (Regiwater?) which I guess gives it an edge over regular Regice, but every Delta has... the exact same statline as the regular version. Some of them for the better, some of them... for the worse. flat-out.

You're a researcher for Deltas. You should know this. Are you really this blinded by cool stuff?!

Also decidedly unrelated but I'm putting in a vote for Delta Torterra.

Pretty sure he's just supposed to be a crazy idiot.

Also Normal Regice learns a fair variety of electric moves, so unless Water Regice learns something super effective against normal regice (... not exactly a stretch, to be fair), Normal Regice probably has the advantage.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Mikl posted:

Not emptyquoting.

Also I think this video will once again be relevant very soon.

... my god, Insurgence really is a pokemon game

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

serefin99 posted:

Does Insurgence not give Toxic perfect accuracy when used by a Poison-type? Cuz if it does, I think that'd be better than Poison Gas.

Kinda redundant, given the purpose of Venomous.

Of course, so is Venomous, given access to a Toxic TM. Which is probably why it's stuck near the end of the game.

What you're actually supposed to do with it is use it with a poison-inflicting damaging move. Probably Sludge Bomb.

But that's kind of lame.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Kurieg posted:

Poison gas isn't 100% accuracy, I think his point is "If you're going for a 'will poison the enemy pokemon' move why not go with the more accurate one."

Yeah, but it'd make Venomous redundant, which would be unfortunate.

So the problem is in fact Venomous convincing you to make weird move decisions compared to perfect accuracy :eng101:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

BlazeEmblem posted:

I don't know why the ancient civilization ran away from the Delta species. They're all so hugable!

No offense to Best Boy Delta Aggron, but I don't think he's huggable.

:abrathink: Perhaps someone tried to hug their Delta Aggron, and he got burned by Aggron's enthusiasm, thus leading to everyone running away.

Also, use Delta Aggron.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Kurieg posted:

Can you revert to an earlier save?

You are backing up saves....

:ohdear:

I certainly hope so, otherwise he'd be easy prey for the LP Curse.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

DrKirre posted:

It feels like the forms really are backwards - the mime - uses physical motions for effects - is special? But the magician - magicians using MAGIC hence the name - is physical? That just isn't right. It really sounds like it's bugged.

It's a stage magician, so it's using sleight of hand, not magic.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Dragonatrix posted:

I'm gonna guess "nothing" considering Taen straight up said it was a decoy.

Consider, however, that Taen is a moron.

It could've been Mewtwonite or whatever it's called, but he assumes "Hah, this must be a decoy" and goes searching for other things, and picks up one of those ash flutes from RSE and assumes it's the real treasure.

Yes it's nothing

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

DiggleWrath posted:

oh no, it's almost over? Oh man, I'm going to miss the great delta designs and actual charming content to chase down the trash garbage fire that is Reborn...

On a different note, is the unbound Hoopa from the official games, or is it something Insurgence made? If the latter, can you show a picture of it in the thread? because i'm too lazy to look it up myself, apparently

Unbound's official. He looks kind of like someone looked at Hoopa and decided to make an moody teenager's idea of an "upgrade" and looks almost nothing like normal Hoopa, but he's official.

That said, there is a delta Hoopa, and by extension a delta Hoopa Unbound.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Apr 9, 2019

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Kuria Region, as noted, is where the next game by this guy, Azurite, is going to take place. Hence the crystal metagross: Crystal pokemon is apparently that region's new schtick.

All of which is to say, Taen is absolutely going to continue to get his plans hosed by kids. No escape.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

BisbyWorl posted:

Man, compared to everyone's favorite spider boy, Ruin Metagross just seems sorta :effort:

Which makes it all the more unfortunate that in Azurite it seems to be the only delta metagross, given that they list it's mega as just "Mega Delta Metagross" instead of ruin.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

DoubleNegative posted:

It's not out yet. :v: Instead, I'm working on four other projects, plus AM2R.

please send help

If I inform you when Azurite comes out, does that qualify as "help"?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Saladin Rising posted:

I can't wait for Miror B., that dude was easily the best part of the Orre games and his new Azurite look is fabulously snazzy:

I think this is probably the best proof that Insurgence is (on the whole) a good fan-game, we're actually excited for another fan-game made by the same team.

He's... he's so... beautiful...

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Vandar posted:

I’ve been following Azurite for years now. The over abundance of new types is weak, but overall they’ve got some really neat ideas going on. I didn’t realize it was made by the Insurgence devs!

Crystal isn’t a full typing, at least. It’s a gimmicky thing where Crystallization is a similar mechanic to Mega Evolving. I don’t think it’s really robbing Rock of much. :shrug:

The other types can gtfo though.

Except it's also a type. Any of the crystal pokemon become crystal type.

So it has to do things.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Thundersword238 posted:

It sorts helps that crystal is a neutral type, not being weak or super-effective against anything. I'm not sure if they have STAB or not though, that might be an issue depending on how strong the moves are.

For the most part I don't mind most of the new types, they only hit a few things for super damage, and mostly work against each other. The only issue I have is sound, which hits a lot more stuff, and being able to go through protect has me worried it'll be too powerful

There was a crystal type move in Insurgence, so presumably there will be at least that one in Azurite.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Roro posted:

Fairies are burned by iron, hence the weakness to Steel. gently caress knows why Poison though.

So poison can stop sucking :v:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

The Golux posted:

Yeah sound over dark works. I wasn't being comprehensive in my complaints about it, it's really just that it interacts with too many types and there are a few specific ones that I disagree with. Sound I can kind of see working as a type at least; Light and Mystic are pretty much completely redundant with other types (notably Mystic is pretty much entirely redundant in concept with Psychic; at least Light is split up among a few types). The biggest issue is that a few pokemon that would be Sound already have two types and changing either of them would be kind of weird (Noibat and Noivern, for example). Bug Buzz and the other non-normal sound moves could just get the effect that Flying Press has where they also deal sound-type damage, as long as sound's affinities don't result in anything too powerful for that.

For extra fun, based on Insurgence, where they give Flygon a mega with a sound boosting ability, as well as 2 new unique sound moves, Flygon would also be reclassified as a sound pokemon.

So, to expand, Flygon, a pokemon who 1. Has two types (Ground/Dragon), 2. Evolves from a single type pokemon (ground), and 3. Mega evolves in Insurgence two different types (Bug/Dragon)... would have Sound type inserted, somehow.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

DoubleNegative posted:

There is a way to get the last starter you didn't pick, but it involves going above and beyond. It's something I didn't want to do, but here we are. The final starter is a reward for beating the Elite Four rematch.

:abrathink: What if you started with Eevee, and thus got 0 of the three starters?

Or Eevee when starting with a delta starter, actually.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

flarp22 posted:

There must have been some sort of workaround at some point, since Colosseum and XD both didn't instantly end battles on capture.

Colosseum and XD both also probably didn't run on the standard pokemon engine, given that they were made by a company that wasn't the Pokemon company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

BisbyWorl posted:

Didn't Damian have to loot East's body just to find his badge? Pretty sure the dude died.

He found them on the ground. East got turned into... a green ball thing.