Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.
Honestly, I kinda like Delta Grimer more than actual grimer. It just looks good to me.
That said, while I used one in my own Insurgence playthrough, I didn't know about that dying pokemon in the mouth thing. Just didn't happen with mine, which I'm grateful for. Goes a bit dark on that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.
I see all these people calling to bench Delta Charizard, and it saddens me. I like my edgelord dragon. I took it all the way into the postgame, because, well... That's what I do with my starters.

Design's pretty well-done, even if you think the concept's a bit edgy, and edgelords need love too. :(

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

If you really want to change movesets, I found a version of Insurgence with a debug menu option that lets you change a lot of things about your Pokemon.
Most of it goes too far, but just giving them a move they should have shouldn't be too bad.

It's in the description of a youtube video, but I'm not sure if linking the video crosses the line or not.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

ChrisBTY posted:

I never had any interest in Delta Budew because A: I hate friendship evolutions and B: I hate weather reliant pokemon
Of course I could see Delta Roserade being an absolute monster if only you had somebody with...an ability...to create...New...Moon.
...holy poo poo.
Can confirm, those two are a great team.
STAB Lunar Cannon is best move.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Everyone's talking about the guy being a ghost... Did I miss something? From him talking about Mega Rayquaza probably saving East and Darkrai not liking the whole death thing, I assumed it saved him.

Like... He just disappeared, right? Not like there was a dead body.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Honestly, Mew's my favorite Pokemon, so I was just overjoyed to find it joining me here. Used it for the rest of the game, of course. Ends up actually surprisingly good because of all the TMs the game showers you in. Since it can learn any of them, it can plug up whatever type advantage holes your team has.

Let me run Delta Charizard for New Moon, followed by Delta Roserade. 110 base power * 1.5 from STAB * 1.5 from New Moon * 1.5 from Choice Specs off a high Sp. Atk is an absolute cannon, and double speed means nothing's going faster than that.

Sure, it and Delta Charizard covered the same types, but Mew made up for that.
It's also a good tank, too! Leftovers and 100/100/100 bulk works great with Roost, but that's just me refusing to use items. Then again, since Elite Four prevents you from using those anyways...

Um
Anyways. Enough Mew ranting.

I see your Rhydon, but come on. That's not the real first pokemon. Obviously, it should be named Bulbasaur.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

So I checked Bulbapedia and holy poo poo Mewtwo's faster than I thought it was. Base 130 speed, that's just scary.
I guess they want you to tank it? I know I just Delta Roseraded it, but outside of a speed boosting ability or choice scarf, you're just not outspeeding that thing.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

I'm gonna be honest, Deoxys guy seems to be more reasonable every time he shows up. Kind of actually like him after that.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Now that I'm starting a new game because of this, I'm just using the debug menu to make it my starter :v:

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

...I want a Conquest 2, I hate how Pokemon spinoffs seem completely dead outside of f2p bullshit.

Excuse me but we haven't had a Mystery Dungeon this gen, and I want one.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Kemix posted:

That loving Inverse battle, holy crap. Thank GOD (Arceus?) for Badly Poisoned status and enemy life orbs for death.

Also, I'm probably in the minority here, but I kinda like the look of Insurgence's "Primal" Giratina, just feels right to give it a half-way form between "Regular" and "Origin" forms and mix the two forms together. gently caress that ability though, holy crap that's Game Breaker territory right there with those artificial resistances.

I may or may not have used it.
There is no pride here, only joy.

(Also yeah, I love the design.)

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

I actually found it kind of funny. Yeah, it's really jarring at first, but for me the negativity is so over the top and out of place that it loops right back around into amusing.
They're just trying so hard to be edgy, bless them.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

We're here to dunk on Taen, so let's dunk on Taen.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

I mean, the reason it's only certain moves is probably because you're only going to want to use them.
It's not like Eevee has Mew's moveset; the move tutor moves are just the flat-out best moves you'll get for those types.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

That Yanma is a Good Friend.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

That rock typing on Delta Metagross is less of a hassle than it looks, actually. You don't need to rely on Stone Edge, it gets a move called Diamond Storm that used to be exclusive to Diancie. 100 power, 95% accuracy, and they even doubled the PP from what it says it is on Bulbapedia.

Edit: Uh. Hold up, why do I have an avatar? I'm certainly happy with it, but I'm worried someone gave it to the wrong person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Leraika posted:

People have been randomly giving avatars to other people to help Lowtax pay his medical bills and for the site.

Ah. Then thank you to whoever gave this one to me. Delta Snorlax is wonderful, and it's good to see it more.