Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I want you to use Mega Beedrill at some point, but since I don't know when you'll get access to that thing, don't feel obligated to use Gravy until then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

As much as shuckle is a good boy who deserves all the love, he's also not very fun to use for a normal game playthrough.

Go for Drilbur and I've always wanted to see someone use Purrloin for more than, like, the first gym.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

That's a pretty big assumption about people who play fan games.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Cakes are pastries :colbert:

I suggested Purrloin but the one you got is, uh, not great, so let's go with Small Pastry instead.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Pastry can also be a catch-all term for any sweet baked good (i.e. what a pastry chef makes).

I will defend this unto my grave so we can have Small Pastry.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Is it too late to request that you use Shellos/Gastrodon at some point?

Some love for my absolute favorite pokemon would be awesome. :kimchi:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Gastrodon pls, ditching Sharpedo for it.

I will continue praying for Gastrodon representation in this, an LP of an edgy pokemon fan game

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

iospace posted:

What's next out of you, demands for Goomy as well?

Goomy is very good, but Gastrodon is very better :colbert:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Kitfox88 posted:

So are there any pokemon fangames that are actually solid enough to be recommended in general? Or do they all have pretty big drawbacks like a hosed up level curve and deep mature storylines for deep mature gamers and whatnot? I've got the itch again between this and Reborn, and have nothing but time on my hands at the moment, but no system to play any of the mainline games on right now.

Sage is good, but unfinished. If you don't mind Pokemon-like instead of Pokemon, Touhou Puppet Dance Performance: Shard of Dreams recently got a full translation patch and it's a) cute as hell b) has walking partner puppets a la HGSS and c) does a lot of just really nice QoL stuff like letting you learn and relearn moves at any time and freely assign EVs.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Kitfox88 posted:

Is Sage still under development? Last thing I heard about it was like more than a year ago IIRC, but I'm glad to hear it's solid enough so far. I'll look into the toohoo game since I'm a bastard anime loser and touhou's neat. :v:

As far as I know it is, but the devs have been pretty clear that a full version won't be out for quite some time. I haven't exactly been following it as of late, though.

e: another good thing about toohoo game is that it's balanced enough that it lets you start with literally any touhou you want up to LoLK without it being a big issue.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

DoubleNegative posted:

Just finished recording. We won't get to this for several updates but...

The SHAME BOX has been renamed. And now I'm thinking I need a proper SHAME BOX for one of the pokemon in that screenshot. Just something to chew on until we get to that point!

pls stop bullying cake crab, haven't you done enough???

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Kitfox88 posted:

Name it da share zone

yes

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Cardiovorax posted:

Every time I hear about Manaphy being based on the sea angel, I am disappointed they aren't based on blue angels instead, because they're just so much prettier.

I wonder if they'll ever make something based on a different kind of tiny sea creature called the hydra. They're miniscule, basically entirely harmless and would not be noteworthy at all if not for little quirk about them: they're biologically immortal. Insofar as they even age at all, which they mostly don't, they can start running their aging process in reverse and basically reset themselves into a newborn state. They're the only known multi-cellular life that has a theoretically infinite lifespan.

If that doesn't sound like a neat idea to design a gimmick mon around, I don't know what does.

Fortunately, Pokemon Sage has you covered in the blue angel department with what are 100% my favorite fakemon designs of all time:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Yeah, basically Guts makes you ignore the attack drop from Burn as part of its activation.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I wish the default color scheme for Delta Pawniard sold it being a flying type better - the shiny palette is much better in that regard.

Also centaur mega Bisharp is dumb, but I still love Bisharp so I'm glad to see it get used.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Also I like deltas so I wanna see Delta Shinx.

All-delta team for endgame or bust.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I don't remember regular Bisharp getting a mega evo either?

It's an original design for Insurgence.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Aww, Delta Shinx isn't as cool and good as I thought it'd be. :sigh:

Don't bench our good friend Beesiel.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

It's kind of like the opposite of reborn, in a way: in reborn the gym leaders drive the plot because they're all so much cooler and better than you, in here, everyone's worthless or evil so it's up to you to get everything done.

Also: I love Delta Liepard, it looks like it's supposed to be a nue. Too bad it sucks.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

TPDP basically rebuilds the type chart from the ground up.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

:allears:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

nora pls stop giving hints to the enemy, what is wrong with you

But yes, watching Taen get clowned on never gets old.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Wait, we're already almost done?

Where's the insane amount of padding?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

The reason Petal Blizzard is doing poo poo for damage is because it's a physical move.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Man, I wish I hadn't lost interest in Kamen Rider after Wizard and Gaim.

e: best kamen rider shows were kuuga and double, my taste is impeccable

Leraika fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 24, 2019

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

The medium was named Abigail Williams :stonk:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Geomancing posted:

My ribs are bruised with how hard the game is elbowing me going DO YOU GET IT YET? HE'S EVIL AND MANIPULATIVE AND EVERYONE KNOWS BUT IT'S A JOKE, GET IT, LAUGH DAMNIT. Definitely could have been toned down a bit. Right now it's not edgy because the game swinging the blade so hard has blunted it.

yeah, this is my thing too; if he'd at least saved the I am clearly evil poo poo for after he left the podium it'd be a lot more palatable.

This way does raise an excellent point about how conditioned the people of the region are, at least.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Kemix posted:

If we're naming our Lightning Mech Badger, I'm gonna pull something from the OG Pokemon before Pokemon was Pokemon known as SMT and ask to name it Ziodyne in honor of the tier 3 lightning spells in that series!

I like this.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Too bad shiny cake isn't as good as normal cake.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Electric/Ghost Porygon is called Rotom.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Awww, that's so cute that they added that into LGPE. :3:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Waffleman_ posted:

It's an edit :(

you broke my heart, waffleman

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I choose to believe that Cal survived and is secretly behind everything Amy does from here on out.

If we're gonna be seven dimensional chess pawned, we might as well give him the credit.

edit: unless we end up being an rear end in a top hat I guess

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Delta Lanturn seems like it wants to be a special sweeper (Tail Glow raises special attack by three stages), or a gimmicky setup wall (stockpile/will o'wisp/clear smog/follow me) but its moves are just all over the place and its typing and stats (assuming they're roughly the same as the original) don't really lend themselves well to either. It literally never learns a special move for one of its types by level up, which is not good.

Leraika fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Feb 16, 2019

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Lyumia posted:

I thought this too, until I looked at its TM list on the wiki. It can learn Dream Eater, Lunar Cannon, Sludge Wave and a few other special moves and statuses. It still has problems though, because I'm pretty sure it's bulk or typing wouldn't stop it from getting 1HKO by most bosses in the late game

It does learn flamethrower by level up actually but not shadow ball, oddly enough.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was saying; that it doesn't have the stats or movepool for sweeping and it doesn't have the stats or typing to be a wall. It's just not good, sadly.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

It was the sort of plot that was pretty predictable but it works well.

Does Adam's hair color change with the protagonist's?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

The only thing worse than trainers who are assholes to you at the start are ones that are assholes to you after you wipe the floor with them.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Orion's a cool dude, let's get his pet rock back

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Kurieg posted:

If we wait to beat up Taen until later we can beat him up with all of the other pokemon that we're so much better at using than him.

okay gently caress change my vote to deltas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I love delta Blaziken and am indifferent to the others.