Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toyotasomi no Miko
Oct 23, 2016

I feel like Klinklang fit more because... Well...

Its line is an actual Metal Gear.

Regardless, as someone who's played a lot of the game, it's fairly hard to remain quiet about stuff you really wanna talk about this game with. I've got some choice words down the road...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toyotasomi no Miko
Oct 23, 2016
The Mega Beedrill was something I've been patiently waiting to talk about and hooo boy. I ended up taking it out with lots of switch cheesing and Fake Out Delta Ambipom. Yes, that was literally the best plan I had. It was a ride that's painful to think about. I probably would have been better off if I had a bird or something, since Flying types don't die by super effective attacks. just from being hit super hard

If anyone playing along doesn't think they're ready for it yet, the Easy fight's Beedrill only has a Life Orb. Which is, uh, still kinda strong, but hey. Not sure if it changes his dialogue, but it probably would given he doesn't do the mega evolving.

Toyotasomi no Miko
Oct 23, 2016

mandatory lesbian posted:

I really like how no matter what he just ain't evolving that croagunk

It evolves at 37, so... Uh.... Legality, I guess? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But yeah Hard Mode is a mistake.

Toyotasomi no Miko
Oct 23, 2016
I don't know what it is, but if it wasn't for Delta Chandelure looking... Slightly off, I'd probably have used it.

Also, even if it comes with a Thick Club, the Cubone you use for False Swipe should be named Boneless.

Toyotasomi no Miko
Oct 23, 2016
Yeah, this is one of the most hilarious things about the game, right here.

Also, that's the third gym badge, for reference. Most other games would be wrapping up the plot at this point (or would be for pre-postgame at the very moment, in gsc/hgss).

On Hard, the Jaern fight is even worse just because of two things. V-Create, and a White Herb. Yeah, you can't cheese it with a steel type on Hard, you just have to either let it kill enough for something to kill the lowered stats, outspeed and oneshot, or just uh. Do what DoubleNegative did.

Toyotasomi no Miko
Oct 23, 2016

Raitzeno posted:

So what was up with the secret passage behind the loose book? Did that just lead to more of the library that was already covered?

That’s where the Delta Budew was hiding out, nothing more.

Anyways, best update. Nice job going through all of them, DoubleNegative.

Toyotasomi no Miko
Oct 23, 2016

Draxion posted:

Kartana is a card, though, not a tuna.

Kartuna.

...At that point, it just sounds like a Cartoon Pokemon rather than a tuna, though.

Toyotasomi no Miko
Oct 23, 2016
Yeah, it's the cherry blossom tree motif. Could just be branches, too.

There's one thing that really kills it for me that isn't the level (why do almost of the deltas come so far below the curve, even if we have Audino trainer to grind with), but since Double hasn't formally introduced it yet I won't say what.

Toyotasomi no Miko
Oct 23, 2016
If there wasn't such a huge bandwagon already, I'd be suggesting Arceus. :colbert:

...Rhydon it is, because I'm a sucker for Bandwagons.

Toyotasomi no Miko
Oct 23, 2016
Cloud Nine is supposed to cancel it out, from what I've seen, but apparently Insurgence devs forgot to figure out something for this case. Oops!

Toyotasomi no Miko
Oct 23, 2016
Yeah, Delta Trevenant is a Cherry Tree called Winter Sakura, which blooms during the Autumn/Winter season. I think. Listen, all I have on that is what little I know, which is mostly from Anime symbolism and what's on Insurgence's wiki.

It'd be an okay Hail Setter... if Snow Warning, you know, provided immunity to hail. Which it, uh, doesn't. Why doesn't it do that?

The other two do give it hail immunity, though. It's a good curveball for a sand team if it has Overcoat.

Toyotasomi no Miko
Oct 23, 2016

EclecticTastes posted:

The Gamecube games handled this by only allowing you to nickname Shadow Pokemon (the only Pokemon you captured in Colosseum/XD) after they'd been purified, and skipping the Pokedex step entirely.

XD had those, uh, Pokéspots that you could capture at as well, but that was just in a single battle so no finicking was even needed there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toyotasomi no Miko
Oct 23, 2016
Well done taking out Reukra at last. As for the other stuff...

-Show us where you’d find the legendaries. Catching them is optional. If you don’t do the E4 rematches, show and or tell us where the other seven would be and what they are.
-Finish the Trade Quest. I really wanna know the ending of going from paperclip to robot bug with laser.
-Even if you don’t do Dev Isle Hell, tell us about what it unlocks when you complete it. Surely there’s something locked behind it, like dex completion or something, right?