Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoldGeno
Dec 26, 2018

Yaaay, caught up with the thread.

That Luxray was trying to abuse Guts. It's...really not the best user of the ability though. Too slow and frail. Though, maybe we oughta be happy these devs chose to use a subpar Guts user. If this were Reborn, I bet we'd be fighting something stupid like a PULSE Swellow.

I do like that Taen's approach to legendaries is just "gently caress asking them, we have a device specifically made for capturing them." Makes more sense than summoning the dark lord of nightmares and just hoping it doesn't just gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldGeno
Dec 26, 2018

iospace posted:

My only issue is it implies that a Master Ball failed.

I mean, there was an episode in the Hoenn arc of the anime where some fisherman tried to use a Master Ball on a giant Wishcash and it literally just ate the thing and went back into the water. No amount of "captures without fail" can stand in the way of just not letting the thing trigger in the first place.

GoldGeno
Dec 26, 2018

At least the armor is pretty tame as far as Pokemon-changing gimmicks go, and we even get to use some of it for ourselves which is actually kinda neat. The real question now is how long will it take for an Armored Mewtwo to show up. This is a fangame with armor, after all, so that little nugget seems inevitable.

GoldGeno
Dec 26, 2018

Ratoslov posted:

You ever try to put a sweater on a dog?

Yeah, and they tend to be pretty difficult to deal with unless they're on the small end and are used to being dressed up.

Now i'm just imagining Taen trying to pin this Zekrom down to put a sweater on it while it struggles away.

GoldGeno
Dec 26, 2018

I know one of the Pokemon movies (I wanna say the Lucario one?) had armored Pokemon fighting in some war in the prologue. Armored Pokemon *exist* in at least the anime canon but they only ever seem to get used in the darker stuff.

...Actually, armor featuring in only the darker bits of the anime could go a long way in explaining why it's one of those things that pops up in fangames from time to time. Gotta be cool and mature and not your granddaddy's Pokemon after all.

GoldGeno
Dec 26, 2018

Kitfox88 posted:

I kinda miss the digging minigame from DPP

Man, I forgot about that. It was a actually kinda-fun way to get fossils and stones and stuff. I never had anybody to mess around with the Secret Base stuff though, so all the poo poo with the spheres you constantly dug up was practically useless.

As for the Poke Pelago, my favourite slave-driving activity was getting my Pokemon to work in the berry fields. The game says my Magikarp enjoys trying to plant berries, so i'm just gonna roll with it. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldGeno
Dec 26, 2018

DoubleNegative posted:

To be fair there are only two members of Perfection. :v: Reukra either has incredibly stringent standards or is so absorbed in his research that he forgot to advertise.

well of course his standards are high; he clearly expects perfection of anybody willing to join the Perfection Cult. :shepface:

I do find it pretty amusing that the most successful cult of the bunch so far consists of two people taking the piss out of the other cults though. In a lesser fangame, these two would probably be really "cool" OC stand-ins.