Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Looking forward to watching the Rohan OVA!

here's an unrelated thing I found last week:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Does old Joseph predate Harrison Ford's constant troubles with crashing planes

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Does old Joseph predate Harrison Ford's constant troubles with crashing planes

why dont you google this and find out

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

why dont you google this and find out

It's a rhetorical question asked to point out a funny coincidence, no need to get upset

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I still have no idea how Josuke is JoJo. There's no "Jo" in Higashekita!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

multijoe posted:

Maybe it was an Apple Newton

Perhaps it was the work of an enemy Stand.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

But there is a a Jo in Josuke! And a Jo in Josuke!

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The 助 (suke) character in 仗助 (Josuke) can also be read as "jo". this is helpfully explained by the delinquents at the beginning of part 4!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Humorously, I believe those guys are the only people that ever called him Jojo.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Humorously, I believe those guys are the only people that ever called him Jojo.

That is the last time “Jojo” is ever uttered in the rest of the series iirc, after approximately 250 times in the first 3 seasons.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It's used at least once or twice in Stone Ocean, but I don't remember if it is after that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm pretty sure Steel Ball Run uses it literally once.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

somepartsareme posted:

The 助 (suke) character in 仗助 (Josuke) can also be read as "jo". this is helpfully explained by the delinquents at the beginning of part 4!

It is not actually explained! They just say "hey, it says 'Jo' and 'Jo' lol they should call you 'JoJo.'" I know this because I remember being real confused by that scene!

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
In the manga one of the delinquents asks if it's the same "suke" character that means help, but I guess it's still not entirely clear in English

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kinda hosed up how Kakyoin got a brain parasite in his head one day that led him away from his family and then they just looked up a month later and found him dead on another continent.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Kinda hosed up how Kakyoin got a brain parasite in his head one day that led him away from his family and then they just looked up a month later and found him dead on another continent.

Yeah, I feel bad for Kakyoin's parents. They went on an Egypt trip together, their son got taken advantage of by a vampire fuckboi, and then he goes halfway across the world with a group of strangers to risk his life and confront the rear end in a top hat only to die, and I don't think they had any idea where he'd gone or why. Must've been a rough visit by the Speedwagon foundation after it was all said and done.

This reminds me, I always thought it would've been a thousand times more interesting if "Avdol's father" had actually been Avdol's father. It would've really made that moment where he tells Joseph to gently caress off because only bad things happen when he's around a lot more poignant.

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 19, 2021

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Must've been a rough visit by the Speedwagon foundation after it was all said and done.

Ah, that reminds me of a set of pictures I saw the other day.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also the kanji used for Higashikata are the same kanji used for the name of the Touhou series, so in Japanese order, his name can be read as Touhou Jojo.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm two episodes into the Kishibe mini-series so far. No spoilers, but it's a nice little series of vignettes.

Though he says he's 27 in one episode, which means it's set 7 years after Diamond is Unbreakable. Why the hell is Koichi still a tiny little dude, and why is everyone else still hanging out in their high school uniforms? You're supposed to be adults at this point!

Also one of the characters had the same voice actor as Bucchiarati, which served to remind me that that is a man with a drat sexy voice.

E: Also the third episode is labeled "episode 5." Is this because every episode was two-part manga, or are they skipping over some of them?

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Feb 20, 2021

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I'm two episodes into the Kishibe mini-series so far. No spoilers, but it's a nice little series of vignettes.

Though he says he's 27 in one episode, which means it's set 7 years after Diamond is Unbreakable. Why the hell is Koichi still a tiny little dude, and why is everyone else still hanging out in their high school uniforms? You're supposed to be adults at this point!

Also one of the characters had the same voice actor as Bucchiarati, which served to remind me that that is a man with a drat sexy voice.

E: Also the third episode is labeled "episode 5." Is this because every episode was two-part manga, or are they skipping over some of them?

The timeline here is all hosed up. Koichi references going on the trip to Italy where he meet Giorno in the first episode, and the woman in the third episode has a tablet with the current version of Google Maps going by the on-screen buttons.

It's a cool series though, I think my wife is a little weirded out after being really excited for this, but I'm having a good time. It's weird to see DiU characters in the Golden Wind art style.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Koichi is a manlet. No dignity.

He's probably like 5'5" or something, his hoodlum buddies are all just enormous.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Even in Cool Shock BT Koichi was super short, he has always just been that way

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The world isn’t ready for tall Koichi

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

What is up with the numbering stuff? It doesn’t really bother me but is there a reason they’re just doing whatever?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
apparently it's just how araki published it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Warbird posted:

What is up with the numbering stuff? It doesn’t really bother me but is there a reason they’re just doing whatever?

I think it is just meant to give the idea that you're only being told about some stories and that there are more that haven't been told yet, a way of giving the impression that Rohan has experienced or learned about a lot of odd and random weird poo poo without having to actually come up with a bunch of them.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Why the hell is Koichi still a tiny little dude

As a balancing act for landing Yukako as a girlfriend and getting a Stand despite not having the fortitude for it, the universe prevents Koichi from growing.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I think it is just meant to give the idea that you're only being told about some stories and that there are more that haven't been told yet, a way of giving the impression that Rohan has experienced or learned about a lot of odd and random weird poo poo without having to actually come up with a bunch of them.

yeop. here are all the names of the released thus spoke rohan kishibes in order along with their publication date. as you can see, the first three and most recent are the four that got adapted to anime.

one day we'll have episode 15 end with rohan saying "anyway, i have to go talk to some weirdo about popcorn"

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

FirstAidKite posted:

a way of giving the impression that Rohan has experienced or learned about a lot of odd and random weird poo poo without having to actually come up with a bunch of them.

Doesn't surprise me. In the anime that guy was a total junkie for novelty. I can see him getting into increasingly weird poo poo chasing the dragon.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the rohan side series was created purely so araki could have him use his stand on a piece of fried chicken

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Alright that scans. Morioh just has tiny dudes, like also the pedo with the lock stand.

Except everyone wearing high school uniforms still. Rohan gets multiple outfits per episode and all the other characters showing up after timeskips show up wearing different clothes!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

the rohan side series was created purely so araki could have him use his stand on a piece of fried chicken

I thought you were kidding. :psyduck:

I wish I could use Heaven's Door.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
aw, man :(

same, Heaven's Door is one of my favorite stands

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Except everyone wearing high school uniforms still.

What else would a school student wear?

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

At a Confessional being the earliest one makes a kind of sense, since it's the one I buy the least. Shut up Rohan, none of that happened.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Rohan totally snuck into a confessional and pretended to listen to other people confessing to him, it's Rohan af

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
We binged the Rohan miniseries in one sitting and it was pretty great. Maybe I can get my wife to watch DiU after this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i would never lie about rohan kishibe using his stand on a piece of fried chicken