Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Weekly deadlines are the bane of manga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

In hindsight, I think Koichi is a rare example of a character not being nerfed outside of their introductory part.

Compared to Jotaro losing the ability to stop time for five full seconds or Joseph becoming less capable of guile, Koichi pretty much performs as he did in Part 4.

Koichi's ability isn't plot derailingly powerful though, it's just a fairly standard Stand power. Reverb Act 3 doesn't stop entire storylines by merely existing like Star Platinum's extended time stop or Joseph's trickery.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That's not how jellyfish work.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

What if it's to stab someone with piss?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

We don't talk about the orangutan.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Shut up.

Also you can make minor steering adjustments with your hands fixed to the wheel.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The Joestars are minor nobility yes but Joseph could have surrendered his title when obtaining US citizenship. He wouldn't be required to though.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

TheKingofSprings posted:

Poison can be detected, poison can be traced.

I don't know how the gently caress you trace someone else's Miata sideways in the middle of the street

Without even knowing Stand powers are a thing you don't. There's probably one overworked guy at the Speedwagon Foundation whose job it is to look into weird crimes and I'll bet he doesn't even have a Stand.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Stupid sexy Hisoka.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Tunicate posted:

it's actually giorno's new VA going to visit a jojo-themed restaurant with the old giorno va and having a meal, and then midway through araki comes by to tell us that both of them are good VAs.

I would love to visit a jojo-themed restaurant. They would serve the best italian food.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nessus posted:

Wouldn't Giorno have more of a legitimate claim to the Joestar wealth, such as it may be, than even Joseph? Technically he's Jonathan's son.

Good luck proving that in court. He might be able to claim a portion of the wealth as the son of DIO but I doubt the 'fathers body reanimated by a vampire head' excuse would fly.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

CJ posted:

I can't take JoJo very seriously when my introduction to it was the season 1 anime with the terrible fan subs.

People take Jojo super seriously?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Part 2 was all over the world

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Tunicate posted:

Jotaro saved josuke by killing dio, the guy with big hair is a feverdreamed symbolic representation due to Josuke being unable to comprehend Jotaro's hair/hat situation

I know his hair/hat situation and I still can't comprehend it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's part hat for godsakes.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Dzhay posted:

Every time someone says "bossu" I imagine Trish's dad being Lucky Beast. Long may it continue.

Well...it doesn't any more, at least

That would be a very different, even weirder show.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Diavolo definitely has access to some senses since he was able to infer details without Doppio's assistance, like Polnaref's presence and poor Bruno's blindness.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

TenementFunster posted:

i forgot the gang are actual outlaws until mista straight-up shot that cop in the face.

But it's okay, he's not really a cop and the bullet only went through his cheek.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

dr.acula posted:

Why don't they use hamon and stands?

Joseph did, but since Hamon is only useful against vampires, there's no reason for anyone else to learn it with all the vampires being super dead.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

whalestory posted:

I don't get it

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1010682321106821125?lang=en

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I don't think so.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kuvo posted:

all i want for christmas is the part 6 anime announcement :pray:

Same but I'm not holding my breath.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

But Polaroids are American...

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ballmasterz is a goofy ultraviolent show with a truly bizarre world. Well worth a watch.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I refuse to watch the dub of part 5 because they don’t have Italian accents

They kept all the needless italian words though, surely that has to count for something.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Doppio is hilarious and Diavolo is boring.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's more Twilight Zone/Night Gallery and it's ilk than Black Mirror, but I get it. You don't need much Jojo knowledge to watch it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Warbird posted:

Didn’t the monkey boat crash? Does that count?

We do not talk about the orangutan.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Really looking forward to more JoJo, and from what I've heard on the internet this is going to be the most bizarre adventure yet.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Honestly the best guesses are just whatever was contemporary music in japan when he was writing it, since David pro has stated they use araki's playlists to do EDs. I mean, that's how we got freaken you

Edit: that said I have a fondness for jamiroquai myself

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh yeah I'd love a new thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

This is especially true for manga artists, most of whom are self taught.