Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Part 8 is set in 2011, which is the same year it began publication.

it doesnt seem to be ending any time soon either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Johnny Joestar posted:

typically it's up fairly soon on the same day, it's generally available before like 11 am my time on Friday (which is central time)

maybe earlier, i don't remember

would hulu get it at the same time?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

when vento aureo starts, hulu should be adding the stardust crusaders dub, right?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

W.T. Fits posted:

My favorite Stand in part 4 is the Stand that makes you healthier if you eat it when it's mixed into food. :discourse:

This is the best one.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i only read the original bad translation but i think im gonna avoid rereading it as this new part airs

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I kinda wish one of the main six was a Zeppeli since we're in Italy again. Ah well.

cesar never scored

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what would happen if josuke fixed one of giorno's animals

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Typically, the EN is a secret right up until it broadcasts

for the first half of part 3, the ED was announced and part of a promotional soundtrack you could purchase just before the 3rd episode where it premiered.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

fractalairduct posted:

They've literally never done it that way, ED always comes first if they don't reveal both in the same ep

they did it for stardust crusaders.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

RubberLuffy posted:

Supposedly twitter user YonkouProduction (semi-known anime insider? not real familiar with them) leaked what the ending is gonna be.

Not posting it in case they're correct and people want to still be surprised.

haha that selection rules if true

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

part four is the best part. joseph is the best jojo.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

we should just give up trying to guess the ED for future parts because as the last four EDs have shown we're nowhere near the jojo wavelength that davidpro is.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

also whoever in one of the past manga threads described part five as "I'm going to make you an offer you can't understand" could not have hit the nail more on the head when it comes to giorno's stand's abilities. i had a roommate who hasn't watched any anime outside of sailor moon watch the simulcast and they had absolutely no idea what was happening and was not ready for the raw sexual energy of this animation and its ED.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its no crazy noisy bizarre town. its on the same energy level though as bloody stone

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Expect My Mom posted:

It took a bit of listens but yeah this op is good, I honestly cant tell if they'll do more like they did for Part 4, this one could last them the whole time

But honestly the visuals are what to it for me holy moly

id expect a change around the time we start seeing doppio (don't hover if you are new to this Part ! ! !)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

there has not been a single post about the episode itself. just the op and ed.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

whether you survive or not completely depends on your spirit. some babies have stronger spirits than others. kakyoin and polnareff were born with their stands and had strong spirits. shizuka and mannish boy were both babies that had powerful stands. it looks like giorno's didn't really resonate until he was more grown than a toddler. holly doesn't have the fighting spirit her father had, thus her stand was to turn on her. with josuke, we can surmise that same thing, but being saved by the pompadour man awakened something in his spirit that he would retain his stand after DIO's death. giorno just had a stronger spirit as an infant initially than josuke did at 4 years old.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I'm so glad the horrible translation back in the day made me not read parts 4 or 5 because everything is so crazy and a surprise. I still doubt that anything can top Battle Tendency for me but I'm liking this more than part 4 so far.

its gonna get Real Weird.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Cory in the Blouse posted:

I've just started the part 7 manga but as far as I can tell things just get exponentially gorier, hornier, gayer, and more off the rails the further past part 4 you get.

yes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

giorno just wants to please grandpa dario

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

seriouspost though: would there be any chance lisa lisa is still alive, due to her being a lifelong ripple user?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its jojo's bizarre adventure, not jojo's bizarre destination.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

on the flipside, and this aint really a spoiler, but part 8 has been going on for 7 years now and we still don't know the main antagonist

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pomplamoose posted:

Serious question: is Araki aware of how many people perceive his work as gay? I mean part of it is probably cultural differences and Araki's personal aesthetic preferences, and it never seems to leave the realm of subtext, but I can't tell how much, if any of it is intentional.

i mean

speedwagon alone

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's italy during the 90s, the kids likely picked on him for being japanese.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

boy man man is pretty far out there

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Johnny Joestar posted:

jojo has a wide variety of ops and every single one of them has fans who say it's their favorite, there's no point in saying one of them 'doesn't feel' like jojo because there's a fair amount to who it does without an absolute doubt

except chase.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Momomo posted:

Chase is one of the best openings

the opening animation is good but the song isnt very jojo to me

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Yinlock posted:

tbf his father grew up as a pampered noble, and on his first outing he had a death battle with a screaming dapper man and his buzzsaw hat and kicked that man so hard that he turned into a good guy forever

this family does not react normally to crisis situations, joseph aside

joseph responds to crisis situations by immediately crashing whatever vehicle he's in, that's not a normal way to react.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what the hell where is my episode crunchy roll i only watch jojos on my magnificent 64 inch television streaming directly from the crunchy roll app i will not be denied you cannot do this to me i won't go through thursday again its friday

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

man with how wild and random some stands are it feels like a needless risk. you dont wanna poke someone with an arrow and it turns out their stand is a mobile telephone that is always broadcasting the user's conversations into the sky in the form of a banner held by an unidentifiable flying object (stand name: jefferson airplane)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tweet my meat posted:

I think the bed thing is a stand ability

it's more of a laying down ability.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sirtommygunn posted:

Koichi is so powerful that he stole Josuke's role as the Jojo that shows up in the next part.

koichi is the part 4 jojo.

rohan is speedwagon.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sockser posted:

Huh, I've always pronounced Narancia with four syllables and now I gotta adjust to three

its because of italian pronounciation. na-ran-cia. cia is pronounced similarly to ciao, both one syllable.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ghirga would be pronounced gear-guh by those rules right

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ive been watching this series since the phantom blood adaptation, and its taken a few weeks to grow on me, but i think fighting gold is my favorite of all the JoJo OPs. something about it just seems to perfectly capture the mood and attitude of this part in a way that really resonates.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its almost friday.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i just wanna pop in and say that this particular fight is my favorite from the entirety of part 5. glad the animation is doing it justice

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i just wanna pop in and say that this particular fight is my favorite from the entirety of part 5. glad the animation is doing it justice

redeemed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i am prepared to die for this but i had a month to think it over, and i keep landing on the same conclusion.

fighting gold is better than traitor's requiem.