Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

RatHat posted:

When you think about it he could probably just fill his pockets with cars and throw them at people. Maybe he has a limit on how many things he can shrink at once.

in the episode he said it was exhausting him to shrink someone else, so he probably tires out after shrinking enough other things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

drjuggalo posted:

that was insanely funnier than i thought it was gonna be

"works every time"

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Dragonwagon posted:

I am starting to look forward to these dumb videos as much as the actual episodes.

:same:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

man, if he made snakebrick vaccines for the whole crew, that poison gas would become a huge asset.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

RatHat posted:

What do you mean? My snake eats bread all the time!

Black Shadow Sabbath: You ate zeh bread, didn't you?

I''ll give you one more chanse

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Blaze Dragon posted:

I admit, his school uniform isn't really a cloak. He's absolutely an edgelord though.

this is more obvious when you compare younger jotaro to older jotaro, in part 4 he is somewhat more mature

I always thought that was a nice touch that you could tell his personality had shifted a little with age

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Nessus posted:

Wouldn't Giorno have more of a legitimate claim to the Joestar wealth, such as it may be, than even Joseph? Technically he's Jonathan's son.

It'd be a hard case to make in a court of law, how would you even go about proving paternity in the first place? And then, accounting for the circumstances of the paternity?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I'd have respected him for 1 precautionary shot to the brain pan. But 3? What a pro! Too bad it turned out even that degree of caution seems to have not been enough.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Grapplejack posted:

I'm trying to figure out who is dumber between Narancia and Okuyasu. It's a dead heat imo.

I vote Narancia. Okuyasu is a little slow and not subtle, but he doesn't seem to have Narancia's serious learning disabilities.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

drat that hook body horror is really unnerving. it really is a terrifying concept for a stand

also, this is still going on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y08sQlSssyY

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I thought maybe these would start to suck after a while but they're not! I'm impressed!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Since he's powerful enough to chop through a man's torso, it seems like the boss could have taken her out instead of just kidnapping her. A strike to the head with that force would have been sufficient.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

BaDandy posted:

Yeah I've never understood the "Gold Experience is weird bullshit" complaints because I'm 100% here for weird, dumb bullshit that makes me go "Sure" and then we move on. Gold Experience is open-ended but it's a literal way of showing Giorno's limitless potential and also I don't care, I want to see my Gay Mafia Boy Band get in weird fights and act like dumb assholes, and if that means Giorno does his "I Turned Your Left Asscheek Into a Snake That Will Bite Your Right Asscheek" thing, then so loving be it!

:same:

I've long accepted that Araki is essentially just playing playground games with his beautifully crafted action figures and I accept that none of the action has to stand up to serious scrutiny as long as the spectacle and the hijinks are entertaining.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Kurtofan posted:

No Dignity

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I think the response was unexceptional at the time and a some felt it was derivative in style of fist of the north star, but that's a vague recollection of a youtube video so I invite anyone to provide more specific details

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Condiv posted:

spicy lady

god loving drat spicy lady

i didn't mind the name changes in part 4 so much but these are really grinding my gears

I think spicy lady is extremely funny personally

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Never bring a gun to a stand fight without also having a stand, I guess.

Incidentally, has it been determined whether Sex Pistols can deflect incoming fire? Is he bulletproof as long as his stand is active?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Retromancer posted:

Isn't deflecting incoming fire basically how he beat Kraftwerk?

Yeah but those were also bullets he originally shot. I don't know if they can do that to any bullet ever, though I guess unless Araki gave some bullshit reason (not out of the question) it seems like that ability should generalize to all incoming fire

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder what that stand user who died is getting out of the arrangement. Will it ever be explained why he was willing to die for the boss?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Is it just me or does everyones hair make progressively less and less sense as this series goes on?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

also there's snakes bigger than people

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

multijoe posted:

He grew a full sized tree to escape Koichi in a couple of seconds in the first episode

works every time

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Was the implication that Doppio drank the kids blood? If he was willing to do that, I wonder why he didn't just drink the blood of Risotto from the get-go.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

RatHat posted:

Because he didn't have time.

He literally had a chunk of Risotto in his hand!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Arist posted:

Trust me, it has not. He keeps interacting with things during time skips like in the flowers scene, but this episode shows he's a ghost during that time and nothing in it counts???

I assumed those were different powers, like he can either skip time, or maneuver through it however he sees fit.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I like Killer Queen because I find the fact that it is a cat man with a really funny expression very entertaining

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Amazing

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Condiv posted:

notorious BIG?

It helped him in that it curried him the trust of a very powerful mob boss, and meant that he could live his life knowing that if he were ever killed, his death would not go unavenged.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Irving.jpg posted:

Honestly they are lucky carne died like he did. Imagine if he got hit by a car in the middle of a busy city and Notorious B.I.G manifested right there.

You'd hope the Speedwagon Foundation would take on the case in that instance

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

SpartanIvy posted:

I just wish Cioccolata had simply exploded or been turned to pile of bones and organs after all those punches. Seeing a slightly bleeding body fall into a garbage truck was okay but I wanted a more gruesome end result.

Or maybe that did happen but then GOLD EXPERIENCE put him back together :hmmyes:

yeah, these punch ghosts are supposed to be strong enough to break through stone and metal, they should be able to render some creep into a thin red paste

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

RC Cola posted:

Sorry why is a character's initials literally R. E. O. Speedwagon.

The same reason a character is named Wang Chung.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Expect My Mom posted:

it's jets of intensely pressurized eye fluid

to be fair that is in no way any less bullshit than any kind of eye lasers in other superhero comics

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Kurtofan posted:

i'm probably thinking too hard about this, and there's nothing wrong with whatever kink secco and cioccolatta like, it's just you know mass murderer and all, thats mostly the bit that kinda bothers me

yeah it sucks that japan has a lot of weird cultural baggage about homosexuality and that distills into a lack of overt and explicit positive representation in their media but on the silver lining to that cloud is that this marvelous cornucopia of barely sublimated homoeroticism that is jojos bizarre adventure is perhaps a direct consequence of that kind of repression

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

josuke is a nice and friendly guy who has a temper and is also capable of being a scoundrel when it comes to money, harder to distill into a tidy archetype than his forebears

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Expect My Mom posted:

I think it's totally fine in a series as gay as JoJo to have gay bad guys. There are tons and tons of positive male relationships, some more overt than others. Things like Jonathan and Speedwagon, Joseph and Caesar, Josuke and Okuyasu are able to considered mlm for me, regardless of them saying I Love You to each other. Hell, Part 1 is a twisted tale of years of romance and desire between two men. So it's okay for there to be gay weirdo bad guys when you also have Bruno and Abbachio staring at each other in the rain that was purely added for the anime.

being pure isn't fun at all, let the gay couples murder too i say.

hell, the bad guy of the last part was A Straight Guy

I'm not saying it is bad to have gay villains, but it does kinda suck that for the protagonists the gay poo poo has to be subtextual (even if that subtext is often bold, underlined, and 48 pt.) rather than overt like with the assassin couples

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Accordion Man posted:

All the injuries he sustained during the events of Stardust finally caught up to him.

this is why jojo teams need a dedicated healer

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Gruckles posted:

Broken porcelain can be quite sharp.

whoa dude that's a sick avatar

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

All it needs is Arnold's grandpa as Joseph

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

You know, if Giorno didn't hate drugs, he could have made a killing by using his main power (growing a tree) to make a lot of cocaine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Meme Emulator posted:

He could make a killing by using his main power (growing a tree) to grow trees, too. Arent mature oak trees and stuff worth a fortune

that's nothing compared to good ebony or teak