Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Thankfully Vento Aureo does answer the question: what if Minions, but gun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's not really even that great of a fight when he's finally revealed. He just gets punched once and loses.

Fortunately, every fight after this one is much better.

If you think about it, pretty much every fight in Stand-era JoJo is just the protagonists working past the Enemy Stand User's bullshit to the point they can punch them in the face and win

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

no, thats factually incorrect. Both kira and dio get the poo poo beaten out of them multiple times during their fights before actually going down

They're both the main villains of their arc so they get some more twists and turns (though Kira still loses every single fistfight he's in and only ever escapes because of 'Fate'), but the win condition for pretty much every normal Stand battle is the protagonist getting in front of them curse-free and breaking their face

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Expect My Mom posted:

the virgin shonen manga
- gets on a boat and stays on it for years at a time

the chad jojo
- gets on a boat, has a fun boat puzzle and will get off it next week

lol

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Yeah, I don't wanna be a killjoy but it seems a little cruel to hype VA up as the arc that only gets better as it goes on.

VA: the highs are some of the highest in the series, the lows are, well, you'll see

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Emperor is also a support Stand who works best as someone's number two, so whilst they're staring each other down Mista can be shived by a ghost or whatever

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

but the truck was able to move despite mista being fixed to it

It just works

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

personally, I'm glad they semi-censored that scene and I didn't watch an anatomically accurate depiction of a guy getting his brain mulched.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

and whilst we're at it, why can DIO and Jotaro even see anything during stopped time when light should be frozen in place??

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Condiv posted:

i forgot how aggro narancia gets

like, him kicking zuccharo felt normal. seeing him kick a car door in and nuke a guy cause he got a booboo is p hilarious

Not enough people in JoJo immediately try to murder the Stand user who's clearly there to mirk them. Through Narancia's stupidity, a wisdom emerges

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

i've always liked pericolo's design for some reason

seems like a nice old man to have brunch with at some seaside italian cafe

Especially in part 5 it's nice there's one character who's not downright exhausting to look at

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

E-flat posted:

I don't remember what Jojo taught me about rat species, which are these

bear rats

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

and I don't think anyone expect Narancia to come out swinging like that, the kid just goes full beast mode immediately

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I take it you haven't seen any of the news stories about high profile child abusers who got away with it for decades?

Yeah that's not even a case of JoJo bystander sociopathy, welcome to real life

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

Giorno your power is so loving stupid. I loving hate you so much stop using it.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

There is absolutely no way DIO gave a poo poo about, or even knew about the SWF

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The animators need a break to rest and prepare for three of the greatest episodes of the series they've ever done

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Battle Tendency one is a bit of a reach but the rest hold up.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Xand_Man posted:

Describing Jotaro as an edgelord in a cloak is reaching for the moon

Jotaro's whole thing is beating the poo poo out of people whilst making it look easy, then owning them with sick one liners. Given half a chance he would absolutely say 'psssshh nothing personal, kid'

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

What can't Jotaro do in part 4 other than fly 'jump' with Star Platinum? If anything with his use of the The World he's stronger than he was than the near entirety of his own arc. He even overshadows Josuke by being the win condition for both the fights with Kira

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

overmind2000 posted:

Is it ever mentioned if Coco Large is a natural stand user or another hilarious victim of the arrow? Because if it's the arrow, then lol, who the gently caress does that

There is precedent for animals being shot with the Arrow for shits and giggles ...

Also is it me or did Prosciutto sound exactly like Jotaro? Was that Jotaro's VA?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

comedyblissoption posted:

yeah but he forgot the #1 rule of gun stands which is don't shoot a gun stand user with his own gun

Has that ever been a thing? Sex Pistols would have blocked the bullets from any gun.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

Arakis just got a way with words that I appreciate. Most people would just have Joseph say that confronting DIO sent a chill down his spine but Araki says it "felt like someone shoved an icicle up my rear end"

And then the crunchyroll subs say 'it made me feel cold' :geno:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Expect My Mom posted:

they explicitly did not do that

It was a general joke about some of the extremely anaemic translations of great manga lines, like Rohan's 'I REFUSE' speech and Kira & Jotaro's exchange

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Also he doesn't refer to himself in the first person or use the phrase 'hot poo poo'. Just a very tepid, if eventually accurate interpretation of the line

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Take it to the manga thread folks

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

BaDandy posted:

The JoJo series itself is an ever-increasing in intensity Galaxy Brain Meme and Giorno is perhaps the human incarnation of the Galaxy Brain meme, so I never understood the complaint that he's not like the other Joestars when his solutions are extremely JoJo.

I'm also really glad we're at a point in time when a character can be compared to a meme and most people will get it.

The difference is most JoJos are working with pretty limited toolsets and have to apply them very creatively to win, Giorno just goes 'I, uh, turned this bit of lint in my pocket into an animal which does something. I win now. Goodbye.'

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Prosciutto and Pesci are horny??

DIO & Kira were both extremely horny and killed a ton of people

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

I'm sure it'll be resolved by oh baby face didn't finish off the job but wouldn't buccarati be dead by now from the cubening?

It's kind of glossed over in the anime but 'mum' died from being eaten, not from being turned into cubes itself. Bruno & Trish were basically in storage.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Yeah, say what you like about Vento Aureo but the anime is really elevating the material

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

e: nvm, shouldn't be posting in the anime thread

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

hmmmmm

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

IDONTPOST posted:

joseph actually went to heaven as a ghost and then was fine a couple episodes later so death is fast and loose.

Joseph is pretty much the exception to usual JoJo death conventions though, thumbing his nose up to 'Fate' and living on into old age no matter how many times he by all rights should have died

Cory in the Blouse posted:

At around 21 min into Episode 18, was that a WRYYYYY when GE tried to punch Ghiaccio when he came in the trunk?

it sure was!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

trucutru posted:

I was expecting the sock fixing, there was no sock fixing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOyYtO-QTsg

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

If you want an action adventure with good writing (and absolutely incredible art) I'd strongly recommend Berserk.

Also if you're an anime-only watcher you can easily skip to Part VII of the manga which is set in a new continuity and also the high point of the entire series.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Tetracube posted:

doesn't matter because the boss won't be able to kill him during skipped time, and then the minute it ends DIO will know that something's fucky and immediately stop time and punch a hole through him

Correct!

The World doesn't need to be activated before the Boss can erase time, it needs to be activated immediately afterwards

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ChaseSP posted:

Darby freaking from Jotaro suddenly pulling poo poo like seemingly teleporting drinks to him and constantly raising the stakes owns especially if you assume he does actually know how Dios stand works it's pretty loving similar to what Jotaro was showing off.

I never thought of that angle, Jotaro's bluff was even better than he knew!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The animation and direction for this episode was real nice, they really delivered the goods for horror atmosphere of this chapter

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Yeah, it likely just didn't do anything interesting until he died. The writing does imply its not a curse on him or anything though, he was just a really gross, malignant guy whose spite could only be actualised through his death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Traitor's Requiem (the song) has been growing on me, but the OP itself really is a low point for the franchise. Nakedly spoiling the plot isn't a good substitute for cool visuals or symbolism!