Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I think everyone's onto something for a new thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Expect My Mom posted:

knowing their ages really puts a lot of these interactions into perspective, six 15 - 20 year olds living in close proximity to each other are absolutely going to intensely gently caress with each other

I read that as "intensely gently caress each other" on a first glance and I know this is supposed to be the gayest JoJo part but that seemed a little excessive until I read it again.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

He wrapped a deflated boat around another boat like a skin then hid between the skin and the actual boat but somehow getting punched by Sticky Fingers makes the zipper open all the way through to the real boat I don't see what's so complicated about that. :colbert:

Does that mean that he can deflate himself I guess and still act normally? I never really though about that.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Considering all the whimpering Zucchero was doing I like to imagine he totally would have talked had they unzipped his mouth. Like, Buccellati explaining he won't crack while the dude is furiously trying to get someone unzip his mouth so he can rat his friends out.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

They were supposed to be jumping using their stands' strength, not flying. Any suspension in the air is simply for dramatic tension.

Don't ask why stand users never seem to do that again.

(For real though it's less obvious in the anime than in the manga but there's some effort to show them kicking off of objects to propel themselves. Don't ask why they kinda float into the air while punching each other though.)

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Johnny Joestar posted:

also i caught the implication earlier that the world was supposed to be everyone's stands but that has literally never been anything but a dumb and everpresent fan theory that keeps popping up despite the guy who actually wrote it directly saying otherwise

I mean very clearly demonstrating a character using the same stand as someone else after establishing that stands are unique seems to imply that The World was probably supposed to duplicate stands somehow so I don't know how it's a "dumb" fan theory when it's more "able to read basic foreshadowing." Especially because his ability to do that was never explained in the text but only as a bonus thing in some side media so like, reading it as an aborted plot point is pretty much the most obvious interpretation possible.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Johnny Joestar posted:

there's actual literal dropped plot threads which can be easily pointed out when it becomes relevant, not things that are just araki vaguely floating certain plot details and deciding to go a different direction with them

which is why all the constant youtube game theory-esque poo poo that gets brought up is annoying, because it endlessly just decides to ignore the thing that ended up happening so it can assert something else was ACTUALLY supposed to happen but araki totally cheated us because i guess a dude who does nothing but drawing a comic on a mostly weekly basis for 30+ years has nothing better to do than bait and switch us, the hapless japanese comic consumers

Who said anyone was cheated? Stating "Hey it looks like they were going to do this with the plot but decided not to" is not a youtube game theory.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

To be fair the Nazis in Battle Tendency weren't ever the good guys. At best they were an "enemy of my enemy" type ally. Stroheim did get off pretty clean for starting off as a pretty scummy dude though.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I want an edit of the piss scene but when it does the "cut to inner monologue while character explains what he did with his stand power" he just says. "I drank the piss. I love drinking piss."

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

exploded mummy posted:

remember when stands could shrink themselves and go into people's brains

Hey now, that was only specific stands.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I thought only Heirophant Green did it because it can unravel itself, and the bad guys stand. Lovers?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Removing more armor :colbert:

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Wait that doesn't even make sense because this part takes place in the 90s doesn't it?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

F to pay respects to my gullible rear end

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

What I need is a full version of that super bassy, tense song that's been coming up during these stand fights. I think it first comes up when Bucciarati first reveals Sticky Fingers to Giorno.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Man, Kakyoin being like "yo idiot there's no mirror world lol" is still funny to me when it's like "motherfucker you don't know you've got a green spaghetti man who shoots crystals, I've got a sword boy and we have a friend who can literally just take pictures of people from across the world maybe there's a mirror world gently caress you."

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Purple Haze is limited by the fact that its user doesn't want to use it because it's so dangerous and difficult to control. The thing stopping it from being overpowered is that it'll kill you and all your friends as well.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

No one's going to talk about dude's hand flesh sloughing off and splatting on the ground? That was way worse than anything else that happened there.

Also I feel like Purple Haze is one of those stands that's like "wow I really wrote myself into a corner with this didn't I" and some serious bullshit needs to get pulled to fix it.

I also love "Oh no Giorno now you're going to die from Purple Haze in 30 seconds" and he stops to be like "No I'm not and let me explain why you see..." I know talking is a free action in Jojo but still.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

If I remember right I think the manga tried to sell that moment more by explaining a little why making the snake inside the disease cloud made it be born immune so he could use its blood to cure himself but it was still a handwave there too.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Expect My Mom posted:

joseph and caesar climb a big, lubbed up rod together

I never put that together, gently caress.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Wrestlepig posted:

Okuyasu’s dumbness has never led him wrong. He was dumb enough to not worry about Tonio and he was dumb enough to punch the Red Hot Chilli Peppers guy. Narancia’s dumbness got his maths teacher to stab him with a fork.

He was also too dumb to remember to die.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

How dare you make light of our beloved shonen anime where men punch spaghetti and try very poorly to seduce guards in drag and we have a dog who likes to chew people's hair and fart on them. This is very serious business, this bizarre adventure.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Momomo posted:

I would understand the joke more if there was some hint of him being dumb in that scene, but it was literally his brother telling him that it's time to make his own decisions and whether he wants to give up and die, or go back to Morioh. It was kind of the exact opposite of him being too dumb to die.

Excuse me, sir! Sir? I find your attempt at humor very confusing. How would an orange or banana be knocking at my door in the first place, and furthermore...

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Johnny Joestar posted:

calm down, weirdo

Lol

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

You know people can understand all that and still make jokes, right?

ANYWAY how about that Jojo’s? How about that show with the Jojos?

I wanna see what crazy nonsense Bruno gonna pull to not die here.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I love how most of the characters in this part are basically named one step removed from "Spaghetti Pizza"

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

The timing of the ED is perfect.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Jotaro got half his entire body melted I'm sure he's fine. Impalement and severed limbs are poo poo you walk off in jojo

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Sub Harrison posted:

So what happened there exactly? I get it that his future self was erased but how did Buccaretti get teleported to the other side of the pillar?

He didn't really erase his future self, he erased everything that happened between his past and his future. So Bucciarati walked there himself, but the actual act of doing so was erased.

King Crimson is a weird stand.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I think Buca di Beppo's actions in this episode are like, prime Jojo injury poo poo. Holding a woman in one arm on the side where you've been cleaved through the shoulder down below the ribs. Like his entire side should be falling off, and he's walkin' it off. That's the power of a true capo.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Y'all are fuckin crazy Traitor's Requiem is great.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

W.T. Fits posted:

Also, make sure you warn her ahead of time that earlier parts can be a bit hard to watch at times if you're a dog lover.

Behold the power of my stand, 「Bow Wow」, which has the power to defend me from any attack by throwing a nearby dog in front of it.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Oh my god y'all are the worst pedants about this very fun comic about fabulous guys punching each other with psychic ghosts.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I dunno, I think Polnareff's dramatic entrance to stab Dio in the fuckin head is pretty great even though it doesn't end up amounting to a whole lot.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I loved that very briefly during the bit where Narancia chases Clash into the resturaunt you can see two women standing in the back being extremely bewildered by the fact that a young man has charged into the establishment pursuing what appears to be a corpse that randomly appeared inside a tank of water.

Edit: That and they're suffering very terribly from backgroundcaracteritis. Their poor faces are melting off.

Glagha fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Mar 22, 2019

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Which is wise. You really should not let teenagers have free reign over large lump sums of money

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

We don't really know how tough Kars was, only that he was immune to hamon and anything normal human strength could have thrown at him. Maybe a stand as strong as The World could have just took him apart. Who knows how strong his regenerative abilities were.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yeah I think it's just that causing a missing persons case would cause him more trouble than just vanishing and leaving her wondering if it was her imagination instead.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yeah the radar and airplaneyness of Aerosmith is the fun part, the guns are basically just its form of ora ora ora.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I mean no one complained about how poorly defined hermit purple's powers are. It can create photos of people remotely by smashing a camera. Wait, now it can create detailed maps of the surrounding area out of dirt. Wait, it actually just kind of allows you to do remote viewing with any old screen you connect it to. Like it just gets information in a way that's good for the story at the moment. GE does vaguely defined things related to growth and turning inanimate objects into living things. Admittedly GE gets bent and stretched a lot more just because this time we're doing it with the protagonist's stand rather than a secondary character but I really don't think this is really all that different than inconsistencies in other stand powers.