Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

Part 5 will be start airing on October 5th on Crunchyroll

「Wake Me Up When September Ends」

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Jotaro can't send a Joestar, because if anything would trigger latent DIO genes that would do it, so that rules out him and Josuke.

Okuyasu is a great guy but isn't exactly subtle, and he has to take care of his dad anyway.

Rohan was too busy preparing for his Alaskan Sled Dog manga by interviewing werewolves.

Really Koichi was the best (only) option.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It has SPQR on it, so Bad Romans

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I think the #1 rule for stands is that when you first get one there's a grace period where you're virtually omnipotent, before you settle down on what your gimmick actually is.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

Oh yeah. Star Platinum getting the treadmill into the cell makes no sense for such a short-range Stand and implies a make-objects-phase-through-other-objects power that never comes up again. Not to mention Star Finger! And then there's Dio's copy of Hermit Purple, although the artbooks do say it's Jonathan's Stand, so maybe he lost it as he assimilated Jonathan's body.

Clearly Dio's real power is stealing from the Joestar bloodline

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Just hire weird al to come up with new names, literally nobody is gonna sue weird al

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

weird red herrings make the adventure more bizarre duh

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Yes the question of how Gold Experience actually works is an important one for this, the anime thread.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

jivjov posted:

Is there any place online to legally purchase the live action Part 4 movie? I'd rather like to watch it, but man...searching for it is rather difficult when 99% of the search results lead me to anime or manga stuff

it was on netflix a couple months back

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Do you think Bruno had to explain to the restaurant owner why there was piss residue in the teapot?

That seems more like sometohing the customer's gonna be complaining about.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Urine is sterile anyway

that's a myth

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/turns-out-urine-isnt-actually-sterile-180954809/

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It turns things into hollow ballons, and if you stab them and make a hole you can harmlessly deflate the balloons!

He stabbed a ship, then carefully pushed the identical ship into it, filling it with air to make sure everything snapped into place

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Glagha posted:

He wrapped a deflated boat around another boat like a skin then hid between the skin and the actual boat

oh wait actually I get it, he deflated BOTH boats, then put one deflated boat inside the other, then reinflated the inner one, which caused the outer boat to look inflated as well.

But since he had to deflate the outer boat, it still had a hole in it (since that's how his stand works), and putting a hole in both boats means it starts sinking.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

He deflated both ships before stuffing one into the other, so the outer ship covered the inner ship like paint.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

CJ posted:

How did he get the outer ship off the inner ship when it was sinking?

He needs to have a hole in something to deflate it, so when he started reinflating the outer ship the inner ship got pushed out the hole.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Manga thread is -----> that way
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It doesnt extend the tape in real time probably, so if you go back 5 min and watch it for 5 min, it's now out of tape and ya gotta flip it over to side b or some poo poo.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

also i caught the implication earlier that the world was supposed to be everyone's stands but that has literally never been anything but a dumb and everpresent fan theory that keeps popping up despite the guy who actually wrote it directly saying otherwise

Not everyone's stands; DIO's true power is the ability to steal things from Joestars.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

invisible baby is not an rear end in a top hat so i reject that entire theory

all babies are assholes

source: every parent

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Is it actually officially translated or is this something where you have to work through some fan poo poo

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Patware posted:

I'm pretty sure word of Araki is: The World is DIO's Stand, other Hermit Purple is Jonathan's.

I ignore databooks from every manga, since trying to remember how to spell Quwrof Wrlccywrlfh every time is really distracting

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mimesweeper posted:

That, and as someone mentioned before, just staying small and hiding in the loving car until Narancia drove back to the hideout would have worked perfectly. Starting a fight to torture out the info was the dumbest possible idea.

of course if narancia used his stand power it'd have smelled him

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The cat flower stand was just part of its body.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Which fashion mag is this from

https://i.imgur.com/jY8NlSh.gifv

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Dragonwagon posted:

Anime-only people, please share your theories on what kind of vehicle you think the key is for.

Asked the anime-only guy I'm watching this with, and he said 'a jewelry box'

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Yinlock posted:

Giorno's dumb power that makes no sense is made better by Abbacchio openly saying his power is dumb and makes no sense

of courser Abbacchio also loving hates him, but still

"At first, I thought he was just some guy I just can't understand."

"Now he's just some guy with a power I just can't understand."

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

He actually turned the virus into jellyfish but thought the snake thing would look cool

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Gio is just using vampire biology poo poo with his stand.

He's basically Jojo Blade

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

Giorno says that he can't control the animals, but I feel that just absolutely cannot be true, there's multiple examples where he has to be lying about that

he doesn't control them but they generally listen to what he tells them to do.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The key is to dio's road roller

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The main difference is that star finger is used to finish people off after their stand is already beaten, and if you removed it you would need to go to zero effort to change the fight (have him throw a rock instead, done)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

it's actually giorno's new VA going to visit a jojo-themed restaurant with the old giorno va and having a meal, and then midway through araki comes by to tell us that both of them are good VAs.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Speaking of which, how did Akira find out about Time Stop? :psyduck:

he read an Egyptian newspaper about someone vandalizing a clock and figured it out.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Jotaro says he's not used The World since killing DIO when he uses it to avoid Crazy Diamond clocking him.
Imagine being able to stop time but not using it to get to work or run red lights safely.

He'd have to pick up the car with Star Platinum to do that and it's hell on the suspension.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I'm now picturing Stand Users Flintstoning around in their cars and wondering why Araki never made that happen.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

You can argue that Joseph didn't keep up with hamon so that he'd age at the same rate as his wife and if you look at it that way, it makes sense.

There's no reason why Jotaro wouldn't keep up with Star Platinum - The World.

what if the timestop doesn't work underwater and Jotaro is just using Star Platnium's ability to do really detailed sketches of fish???

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

RatHat posted:

Don't get me started on Pesci's neck.

what neck

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

nothing but respect for MY president

Please clap.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

comedyblissoption posted:

yeah but he forgot the #1 rule of gun stands which is don't shoot a gun stand user with his own gun

it's a mundane - but extra stylish - gun. Who wouldn't use it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Nessus posted:

What would a Stand from supreme ironic detachment look like?

It'd look like the opposite of an electrical outlet.