Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
You could even say....
A bizarre direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Last Celebration posted:

Hey, so I’m probably pretty late to the bandwagon at this point, but I finally started watching Part 3 on Netflix like a filthy casual (after watching part 1/2 years back) and it loving owns. I kinda assumed it would be overrated, and yeah insofar as nothing can live up to the hype created by being the most well-known part of one of the most influential series in shonen history, but it’s pretty drat great. I kind of just assumed with Jotaro at the helm the series would have less dumb humor but it doubled down because Jotaro is part of an ensemble cast of loving weirdos, while the fights are pretty great even knowing that no one dies until the end, which is pretty surprising itself.

I’m not quite done yet (at D’Arby the Younger) but unless the ending completely shits the bed (I know that things definitely don’t go very well for the cast but that’s not the same thing as badly written) I’m probably gonna go ahead and buy the super overpriced Part 4 set 1 Blu-ray.

Sorry if this should have gone in one of the general chat threads or something, I figured this thread doubled as general Jojo anime discussion

After you finish the TV series adaptation of part 3, you should absolutely check out the 1993-4 Part 3 OVAs (listed as ep 8-13 on this list https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/JoJo%27s_Bizarre_Adventure_(1993_anime_series)), just to see how they adapt D'Arby and especially how they adapt the finale, which I honestly like in the OVA more than the new tv series.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's usually a commonly-accepted thing that stardust crusaders is pretty backloaded with a lot of the good stuff

Yeah, that's my take on SC as a whole, most of everything from Darby the gambler on is great. Also I think the OVA version of the DIO fight is well worth a watch, I definitely enjoy it more than the David Pro adaptation, even if it isn't as close to the style of the manga.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

wuggles posted:

Started Part 3 last night. Two questions:

* Why is Jotaro such a dick to his mom
* What’s up with his hat? Seems like his hair bleeds into it?

1)Jotaro is a dick (but with a heart of gold)
2)Yes.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

mobile suit goatse posted:

When's Part 6 coming out

20 1/2 years ago.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Vookatos posted:

Besides, Part 6 is the best and you can just stop after it. It wraps things up nicely, unlike some parts, and I haven't heard anyone say that they like Part 7 /s

:frogout:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Beamed posted:

Just an update since I persisted past Stardust Crusaders into Part 4.

Holy poo poo Part 4 is so loving good. I love Josuke and I love all the random friends he keeps making and how all the friends remain major characters and Shigekiyo and AHH. this is legitimately as good as the series highs from part 1 and 2. thanks for telling me to stick with it. But honest question: Why is Stardust Crusaders the one everyone talks about?

It was the early series that got the most attraction, by breaking the series out into it's own thing with the concept of stands, and before the David Pro anime adaptations it was the part that got the most outside media influence that also spread to the west (the arcade fighter and the OVAs were big in giving jjba a cult following in the west at the time. There are likely other factors too like the adventure aspect and Jotaro being Japanese compared to the previous jojos.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
...why are posters spoiler tagging part 4 discussion in the part 5 anime thread? If you chose to watch part 5 without watching part 4, you deserve to be spoiled on it :colbert:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Ahhh I guess that makes sense then. I must have missed those posts. :sweatdrop:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Just a reminder to please not spoil plot/setting details for part 6 in the anime thread, thanks :shobon:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Three and freeze are not a perfect rhyme but they unquestionably rhyme with each other.

Arist posted:

The rhyming syllable doesn't even end both words! I will not budge on this!

Yeah, it's more about the flow than an actual rhyme between the two words. Maybe that's why the ability is hosed up and doesn't really freeze properly, an imperfect power for an imperfect rhyme :v:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Just a reminder that this is the Anime thread, don't spoil future parts in here, at least not without clearly marked spoiler tags, thanks.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Johnny Joestar posted:

please make sure to utilize your stand [JEEPERS CREEPERS] to put your peepers to use and read the name of the thread before posting recklessly

:eyepop:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Ai Fairouz sounds perfect. apparently she's a JoJo's fan in the first place

She's half-Japanese half-Egyptian, and she got into VAing because her and her friends would fandub jojo's into Arabic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Why do we have two anime threads

Because when it first came out and it was gonna be dumped in one large chunk of eps, sone people didn't want to get immediately exposed to spoilers for later in that chunk, so they conceived a thread that would watch it weekly