Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Expect My Mom posted:

it took me till today after first reading Part 5 four years ago to realize the pattern on Brunos chest is a tattoo and not some sexy mesh undershirt he wears
I had assumed it was a bra.

Why did Bruno wear a bra, you ask? I assume it is the fashion in Italy for erotic assassin gangsters.

Is Araki married? (To a woman, I mean.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

What popped for me about the surreal color situation is that at first I thought, oh, it's just sunset. Giorno was at the prison and left around 3:30 and probably had to deal with some bullshit on the way home. Except that that would not make a lot of sense: his room is close enough that he walked rather than getting a cab, and it was still bright afternoon out.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Flesnolk posted:

Meanwhile I'm just surprised botl even watches anime. He seems like the type who'd smugly claim to be above the entire medium.
Jojo unites all humanity

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

trucutru posted:

Well, yes, their skin goes brown but the pulp stays good for way longer.

I wonder how the whole "don't put bananas in the fridge" thing started in the US.
I had a whole conversation with my uncle once about how he thought I was forgetting to eat the bananas and throwing them out because I usually let 'em ride for a few days until there was a little brown spotting. I broke a piece off one and gave it to him (itself a scenario that seems as though it could fit pt 5) and he was like 'OH! It gets sweet??'

In short Americans are swine

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Meme Emulator posted:

Only Stands (and I guess the Arrow) can damage stands, so the completely visible to normal people Stands would also need to be able to be harmed by normal people.
I thought if the Stand had a physical form visible to non-users it could be harmed? Like Forever's ship could have been - in fact, should have been - sunk by the Chinese navy.

The "only Stands can hurt Stands" rule came out of the mouth of noted Standologist and cowboy Hol Horse, anyway.

Isn't Thoth the one stand that always gets it right though?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Also, his evil plan was jumping out of the fridge at Polnareff, summoning his Stand in the process (which is when you can see it entirely), and hoping that Polnareff didn't instantly kill him while he was defenseless.
I always thought the idea that all these pricks had their weird idiosyncratic murder-for-hire powers which they didn't want to discuss with one another made a lot of sense and added to their mystique, but this broke down for this guy as well as Forever...

Although at least Forever is an effort by DIO to address the question he posed to Jonathan.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

So did Naranja gently caress it up to gently caress with Fugo or is he just that stupid?

Or both??

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

BaDandy posted:

What's up, it's Narancia, he's 17 and he never learned how to read
What a gorgeous, stupid boy

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Dragonwagon posted:

At some point, there must have been a time when Bruno's crew was only four people and I imagine Mista was freaking out 24/7.
Especially when Abbachio kept telling him "there's four people in the crew" when Mista could only see three. Now he says there's five and he can only see four? At least Giorno settles that problem.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

amigolupus posted:

I can see why Abbacchio would have some reservations about Giorno in the last episode. There they were, getting attacked by an enemy Stand, and Buccellati consults Giorno as if they were equals. Between that and how Buccellati demanded they show respect to Giorno earlier, I can see why Abbacchio might have a beef against the new kid.
hosed of Abbachio to not respect a man who drank his piss

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Qwertycoatl posted:

I imagine that to be accepted into Bruno's group you need to have a stand power that can deal with piss. One of them probably got rid of the residue just before they left.
My take: Abbachio was the former squad leader. Bruno used his zippers to pour the piss back into Abbachio's lap. The pisser became the pissed; Bruno assumed command.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

More like ACABiccho

I figure when Fuckhead McGree restored the original boat Bruno just re-zipped it. They clearly didn't sink instantly, Bruno holed it, he didn't rip the boat apart. Which I guess he could do. gently caress, what a strong crime boy.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Stairmaster posted:

who was driving the boat
Presumably Fugo, just by process of elimination.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Yinlock posted:

Jojo Universe freep is probably insane, which is to say exactly like regular freep

((speedwagon))
Grind up the [Arrow] and put it in the [Cordyceps Coffee]...

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Your stand is like your rear end in a top hat, and obviously Mista wants Giorno to see his rear end in a top hat.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I assume his brother, Mista Mista, got [Love Gun] which does use a Glock or something.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

exploded mummy posted:

Thank you Alex Jones
I think you mean "Axel F." with his stand [Crazy Frog].

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

exploded mummy posted:

theres like 4 who get ganked at the immediate start in part 3 plus j geils later

after that I dont think its until you get to pet shop that the protagonists actually kill someone though enya does die due to spore and n'doul kills himself

Cant really blame him for forgetting because it's so goddamned frontloaded
I mean let's consider the DIO minions they wasted. Taggin' it for being so comprehensive.

Kakyoin - eventually killed by Joseph's neglect
Tower guy - suicide
Polnareff - rehabilitated
Moon dude - died pissing his pants
Forever - died, as befits a rape ape
Yellow Temperance - I think he dead
Ebony Devil - died (but definitely self defense)
J. Geil - killed by a Frenchman
Hol Horse - Hol Horse
Gross zit baby Stand - killed by Joseph
Wheel of Fortune - probably dead
Enya - killed by Dan of Steel
Dan of Steel - that dude was absolutely dead
Evil Baby - forced to eat poo poo
That dude Avdol pissed on - Probably died of piss
Midler - beat up
N'doul - yeah
Anubis - Rusted away
Oingo - exploded
Boingo - spiritually dead (reads comics)
D'arby the older - Spiritually defeated
Mariah - Hospitalized
The dude with the baby making Stand - that dude absolutely dead
Pet Shop - dead
D'arby the younger - Spiritually dead (video gamer)
The guy with the Illusion stand - Iggy absolutely killed him
Vanilla Ice - dead
Nukesaku - dead
DIO - dead

So it's a clear majority, complete with multiple piss-related deaths.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I think you'll find he was eviscerated by Kakyoin. He just took a while to die from it for some reason.
Didn't he bite his own tongue off so they couldn't interrogate him? I wasn't sure how all that worked. In fact I'm not sure how that guy managed to cause so many plane crashes. Did he just geek all the pilots and then jump out the back door?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Sockser posted:

While explaining to my non-Jojo friends how sad the translated stand names are in part 5, and I realized that it's a bit of a miracle that we got Dio unchanged
Dio is a name dudes have in real life, especially since he's Dio Brando not Dio James Ronnie.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Abbachio probably got put on the Crime Alley beat because of trying to do the teapot thing to everybody he met.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Under the "Stand = rear end in a top hat" theory, Holly (not an rear end in a top hat) was fine after DIO's demise meant her poo poo kept popping out. She could probably in principle have used the Stand but it seemed to mostly be thorn shibari so the utility is limited.

I also expect Araki did slightly adjust things there because it was incredibly clear to him, probably by the time the gang hits southern Asia, that he had a real good plan going.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I do think this is something that he grew into, and creating stands was a big part of it.

Like, the arbitrarity of Hamoan and especially a lot of the fights in Battle Tendency kind of show that Araki's style of combat can kind of fall apart if not well grounded.

I mean, the Esidisi conclusion is absolute bullshit in the worst way because he hadnt yet really mastered the craft of how to allow the reader to buy into absurd outcomes yet

EDIT: Also I swear to god if someone starts getting all condescending about how hamoan in part 2 makes perfect sense I am gonna scream
Hamon exactly kept its welcome which I think is why so many people are hungry for more guys saying "NOUN COLOR OVERDRIVE" and slapping things while mugging like Han Solo as played by Harrison Ford Young Joseph.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

RatHat posted:

Even with ripple users having slowed aging I doubt she's alive by the time of Part 4/5.
She was certainly alive as of part 3, wasn't she? I think even in part 4 Joseph said he consulted with her. Considering she actually practiced the ripple instead of quarter-assing it like Joseph "I Left A Part Of Myself In Japan" Joestar, she might be alive but strongly resembling Enyaba.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Given that he got fitted with a prosthetic by the Germans, presumably on Stroheim's introduction, and took some weeks to get back to America, it is incredibly likely that Joseph met Hitler.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

My immediate gut guess was that food eaten by Sex Pistols counts as being eaten by Mista. It wouldn't surprise me if Sex Pistols just happen to get fussy and need reassuring whenever Mista's about to worry about some bullshit, taking his mind off of things like "I might have to fight Kraftwerk, whoever that is" or the like.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Thumbtacks posted:

Now that I think about it it absolutely could have just meant that.
I figured it was how he’s loving aggro yeah.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Am I forgetting something or was Joseph only just immigrating to the United States during/immediately after Battle Tendency?

This reminds me, aren't the Joestars technically some sort of minor nobility? Would their titles persist across generations? Or maybe just end with Holly since Joseph has no legitimate male children? Or would getting US citizenship void the title somehow? I don't know poo poo about how this stuff works, but neither does Araki.
I think the Joestars were gentlemen but did not seem to be affiliated with the 1st Baronet of Joestar so they might have just been wealthy landlords. In fact, Joseph himself was a wealthy landlord in America. As I recall part of why Jotaro went to Morioh was to talk to Josuke about the inheritance.

I'm not a lawyer but Josuke presumably could have had legal standing to get a piece off of Joseph's money if Joseph had fallen into a hole. Matters would have been potentially complicated by both of Joseph's children residing in a foreign country.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Willsun posted:

Guys I liked the latest episode but I was promised the gay would get gayer and I'm not satisfied.
You're watching a show where someone greeted the main protagonist by taking out his dick in a semi-public space, pissing into a teapot, and attempting to make that protagonist drink the piss.

Which he did. He drank the pee pee.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

somepartsareme posted:

no it was jellyfish
The piss entered his mouth, and stayed there. It is fair that Giorno did not swallow it but he definitely put the pee in his mouth.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Xad posted:

Is giorno's tooth just full of piss now?
That's one way to get a gold tooth!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I'm starting to think that this low-life thug might possibly not be the most rational thinker in the business.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Echoes Act 2 is S H I T

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Cerebral Bore posted:

If Formaggio had just waited around he'd probably have been screwed when Narancia switched cars. Or if he'd gotten to the hideout he would have to get away from there undetected as well, because if he's spotted he'd have to deal with six guys with unknown Stand powers, and then he'd be completely screwed.
Yeah, Mista would have shot him in the dick. Then he would've died, probably with Narancia laughing at him for being shot in the dick. At least this way he'll just be eaten by rats, like a real Italian.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Kikas posted:

Also with regards to his past, the outburst Fugo had at his university teacher was IMO a very reasonable reaction.
I expect Fugo's told nobody about what his actual motive was. Possibly Bruno?

But otherwise it just looks like he went apeshit and beat a professor to death for no reason.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Darko posted:

He didn't understand what the World did, he was just tossing poo poo anywhere - he's not fooling us
From Joseph's stupidity, a wisdom emerges.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Don't insult Jotaro's husband that way

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

My guess is some kind of boat or yacht or something, though I guess we already did a bit on one. A murder van?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Could Purple Haze have taken out DIO?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Mister Olympus posted:

Depends on which parts get infected, right? I'm thinking specifically of DIO saying to Polnareff "haha, man you almost got me there, just a little upwards and you could turn my brains into mashed potato" that JoJopires can die or at least be made non-functional if the brain meats are sufficiently brutalized. So if DIO were to inhale any of Purple Haze he'd be screwed, even if he could survive having his entire head melted off the cure for Purple Haze is sunlight so it's not like he'd be able to get it back.

e: if the purple haze virus is something that exists in nature, could Kars have made the flying piranhas carry it and guarantee Joseph dies, if he was aware it existed? Or does the whole snake vaccine thing apply to only that particular bricksnake?
Does this mean that Sex Pistols could just kick around some bullets until DIO's dome is full of salami meat?

Also DIO could totally rip out his own lung, probably even eject it out of his rib cage.