Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Part 5 has the best fights in the series, along with part 7, and seeing them animated should be fantastic - especially since that should clear up some of the confusion with the wackier ones. I could see this as being the best *animated* version just because of that (and judging by the quality of the first episode).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The tower fight is what sold me on JoJos in the first place. It kind of solidified the perfect level of ridiculousness for me when reading - mainly because it was one of the earlier instances of how someone could have the worst Stand ever and still make it work for himself and still be a danger to the much more powerful main cast.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

There are no bad boys in part 5, they are all the best boys.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Zwiebel posted:

I like how Koichi was grilling Giorno for looking like a school kid when Giorno offered a ride.
loving Koichi of all people.

I've forgotten about a lot of part 5, same as with every other part when I watched the anime, but I remember Bruno being the loving best and I love him.

Bruno has the best Stand fights, maybe in the series of a single secondary character.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

There are a couple of things in the first couple of episodes that Giorno does with his Stand that he never does again. It's one of those Araki things where he gives someone a power, realizes he doesn't like writing around it that way, and changes it with no explanation.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

haha that selection rules if true

If this is real, its best ever for this sassy crew.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Blaze Dragon posted:

Don't worry. Unless you're a manga-reader, there's no way you could ever correctly estimate how homoerotic this will get.

No, it's more than that.

:yeah: Though Part 7 is insanely good too and I can't wait to see it animated, hopefully it will happen before I die.

Animated, 5 may be the best (outside of 7). 5 is where the fights get hard to discern in the manga (and 6 is the worst at that).

Darko fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Oct 12, 2018

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Ah, just the music - I can wait an hour. I'll just catch up on AoT anime until then.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Two members of Jodeci (Freek'N You song) are better known as the group that became...K-Ci and JoJo

Darko fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Oct 12, 2018

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

It's up on Crunchy now.

And I'm still laughing at a JoJo ending song literally sung by a guy named JoJo.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Supersonic Shine posted:

I can’t wait until Part 6, where we’ll get Leave (Get Out) as an ending song.

It should be K-Ci and JoJo: Life.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

My god, someone just pointed out that while JoJo is one of the singers in Jodeci, the other main one is "KC." Actually think about that, for those of you that read the manga.

How did we NOT predict this would be the ED song?

Darko fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 12, 2018

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

It's also good as if the part 4 group of good boys was a boy band, this group of good boys would be more like an R&B group.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Is there a specific reason people are going nuts over the the ED song I've never heard it before lol

Jodeci was a very popular R&B group in the late 80s and early 90s that split off, with K-Ci and JoJo forming the group named after themselves that was very popular until the 2000s or so. If Boys II Men were the sanitized, light r and b group that sang nice love songs with choreography, Jodeci was pretty much the counter with singing about sex and gyrating sexually on stage. Although K-Ci and JoJo did end up singing a few really popular less grindy songs like Life (theme song for the movie Life) and All My Life. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXvMT_mVbqw

The fact that David Pro/Araki picked people named KCi (you'll figure this part out later) and JoJo to sing a JoJo's part 5 theme song is hilarious because it was thought out way better than thousands of people on the Internet could over all this time.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Part 5 is that Black Dynamite "But *I* sell drugs in the community!" bit.

Haha someone else caught that. I thought it was too obscure of a reference.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I loved Giorno just walking away talking about how the view was while Bruno was still talking to Giorno, trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Cory in the Blouse posted:

I've just started the part 7 manga but as far as I can tell things just get exponentially gorier, hornier, gayer, and more off the rails the further past part 4 you get.

5 is the most fabulous part, and mayyyybe the gayest, but things get crazier and more sexy as it goes on.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I read an Araki says quote somewhere about Part 5 where people may perceive his stuff as having homosexual undertones because he decided to make his Good Boys a lot more svelte in this chapter (even though the reverse is often true in Japan with representing gayness) and pose more than ever before, but it was just due to him pulling from fashion magazines and to not read into it. I never saw the book or interview where that quote was taken from supposedly, so it could be made up r it could be possible - who knows.

This is definitely the gayest part, and like the poster above me said, it's so gay that it gets stuck in an infinite spin of gay/not gay.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's something that literally doesn't matter so i'm never sure why people fixate on it so much

yeah, when you literally hear the actual name over and over, I don't see why anyone would care what the subs said.

Of course I grew up with horrible 3rd rate subs on Hong Kong movies so maybe I'm just numb.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

jivjov posted:

That's gonna be one downside of official English releases of the manga though.

Good point; didn't even think about that. That does kind of suck.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Meat Beat Agent posted:

At least part 4 had WB posting episode previews on YouTube. Is that still a thing now?

I haven't been able to find any previews anywhere.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Thumbtacks posted:

what time does crunchyroll usually upload videos?

1ish.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I've got a feeling that part 5 will become a lot of people's favorite parts, given the way David Pro.is handling it so far.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Kwyndig posted:

That's not how jellyfish work.

Without jellyfish swimming around absorbing the ocean, all the land would be covered.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Thumbtacks posted:

how the gently caress does that stand even work

It deflates things!

It deflated the boat and perfectly laid the deflated boat on top of the other boat with no one seeing!

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Feeling so horny.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I'm glad I completely forgot how this fight even goes.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I found another song from that general era that fit while dicking around - watch it before Youtube takes it down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72Y6y__ODVk

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Tevery Best posted:

I used to be super self-conscious while dancing, so I did not dance at all.

Then I started watching JoJo and at some point I realised that's what dance is, and started doing the most JoJo poses I could think of to the beat, and I rule the dance floors. True story.

Real thing, I was Prince for Halloween and attached JoJos buttons to my outfit and danced and posed the whole night and it was the most fun I had in so long.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I'm just realizing animated that this is really where Stand fights get the pacing/comedy/timing of Joseph's hamon fights.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Kikas posted:

Mista is a simple boy. Good thing his luck didn't run out this fight.
What's the reference in Arts & Crafts? Is it referencing the record label or a specific album?

Arts and Kraftwerks

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yeah, Narancia has one of the most limiting Stands shown, say, post 3, since it's basically one part of Bad Company and kind of something like how Sheer Heart Attack works - but is incredibly good in using his stand, while nobody else seems to use theirs properly. He basically works like a typical JoJo's enemy where, the crappier the Stand, the better they are at using them, and vice versa.

edit: Bucciarati is the only protagonist I've seen with an OP Stand that seems to be perfect at using it from the start.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Josuke was pretty good with Crazy Diamond from the outset.

Crazy Diamond was more of a punchghost thing that I wouldn't really call OP. Jotaro can stop time and started off figuring out how to get toys, and none of the other part 4 protagonists like Koichi with more adaptable Stands much figured out how to do things with them.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Some people just tune out all of the dialogue when they watch subs. That’s how you get snobs who only watch anime subs yet can’t pronounce any of the characters’ names.

A lot of people just read a lot slower than others, too. Some people can just glance at the screen and catch everything, others can barely finish before the next thing comes up. Changes how you see foreign film.

Darko fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Dec 12, 2018

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah he passed away a little while back.

Yeah and Mr. Mark Hercule Satan as well :(

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Purple Haze has a short range with its virus, so even stuff like Sex Pistols would be an issue for it because you can get sniped from far away. Also, as pointed out, you can't use it near yourself or friends, so being really close to the user would be an issue as well.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

exploded mummy posted:

he got lucky with the clock

He didn't understand what the World did, he was just tossing poo poo anywhere - he's not fooling us

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

RaspberryCommie posted:

So would you rather have Purple Haze or Ebony Devil?

The stand that could indiscriminately kill you, your enemy and everyone you care about, or the one where you have to get hurt to use it?

Cheap Trick over both of those.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Whose Stand is this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I like how two people in this episode were like "Giorno is asspull bullshit."