Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

EL BROMANCE posted:

I haven't used CrashPlan in years and seems to be a completely different setup since I last used them. Is starting the process new supposed to be the most glacial thing ever? I've been sat at the 'preparing for backup' stage for an hour or two, and it's counting down 230k~ files or so incredibly slowly... but doesn't appear to be actually doing anything. I'm in MacOS and activity monitor says it's not using any CPU cycles, barely any RAM, and a grand total of 500mb read by the application. I know lots of small files are often pretty slow, but this is beyond that... the trial will be over before it even does anything!

It’s been a year or so since I kicked it off but depending on the number of files there’s some JVM flags you need to set to get better performance.

Their client is a pig and one of the main reasons I got off it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU