Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duxwig
Oct 21, 2005

Problem description: I converted a bunch of VHS tapes to digital files so I can edit them. The original rip files are .mp4s. The audio on the originals is perfectly fine in Windows Media Player. When you attempt to edit the file in Adobe Premiere CC the audio is not synced to the video - it typically lags a few seconds which grows to multiple seconds by the end of the video. Last year I tried to figure this out and was using an older version of Premiere which did the same.

Attempted fixes: What have you tried to do to resolve the problem?
After the first attempts to figure this out I was able to Google and find VHS tapes have Variable Frame Rate (VFR) and if you use Handbrake you can set a constant frame rate. While this indeed fixes some of the VHS tapes others seem unphased when put through Handbrake. I've tried 25, 29.97, and 30 frame rates with no fix. I've set the encoder level from 3.1 to 4.0 with no fix. I've tried different presets (480p, 1080p) - no fix. Tried faster and slower optimization of the video when it encodes it - no fix.
If i put the original mp4 in Windows Movie Maker, the sound stays on track....but I can't really edit with WMM.
I've tried just exporting the videos from Adobe thinking it was a program glitch - but they're out of sync on the other side also.
Another google page said to change the mp4 to .dif and import to Adobe - didn't fix the issue.

Recent changes: Have you made any changes to your system/configuration recently that might have caused the problem? Nothing and same issue in the past w/ a different version of Premiere.

--

Operating system: Windows 7 Pro SP 1

System specs: Processor Intel I5-4570 @ 3.2, 8gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 760, MSI motherboard,

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread