Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Any good Campaign Coop games anyone would recommend that the coop doesn't feel like "were sending our blobs of troops at the same target" level of coop? Like some actual depth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

TGG posted:

Not really the most RTS kinda experience but Dawn of War 2 has some great coop campaigns, I'll also toss Company of Heroes 1+2 into the mix for a less rpg vibe. I'd love to suggest Red Alert 3 but sadly you need to use a 3rd party program to play that coop because this world is depressing.

Oh also most of the Wargame series is pretty solid, I've been running Steel Division 2 with friends lately and it is pretty damned fun.

Exausted all mentioned but Steel Division 2. Is it a giant chore to get lazy friends to commit to it? Like will they have to do some serious tutorials?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Captain Beans posted:

How many people are you looking to have play at one time?

2 to 4

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Pals NOPED the heck outta SDII. Shucks

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Captain Beans posted:

Too complicated and not fun looking?

What RTS/Strategy games have you guys enjoyed before?

4 players is a tough spot but I bet there is something we can suggest.

ill play everything and loved world in conflict, most likely a 2 player game extra 2 peeps is a dream scenario

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

V for Vegas posted:

Total Warhammer. 2 player only but really good for those 2.

is it kinda like dawn of war II with fun rear end upgrades?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

V for Vegas posted:

You get to play the campaign together as locked allies, and when one person is in a battle they can gift the other units to control.

Im getting Mayyyyybes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

The poo poo ai and necessary constant micromanaging in they are billions makes me just hate how boring that game was and assume the devs are bad at fun and design