Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
Was that bad?

E. I mean, Ran's the God of animal husbandry, right?

A_Bug_That_Thinks fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
As a general rule of thumb, not once has an Elfgame ever been made better by someone's nuts being chopped off and paraded around like the Heisman Trophy.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Why did a god have them anyway?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Have you never read Greek myth?

For loving.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Fair point.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Greek myth had incest, rape, bestiality, forced animal transformation, forced inanimate transformation and god knows what else, that does NOT give carte blanche to put it in an elf game.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Ronwayne posted:

Greek myth had incest, rape, bestiality, animal transformation, inanimate transformation and god knows what else, that does NOT give carte blanche to put it in an elf game.

This. It's basically a glorified "BUT REALISM" argument except the only "realism" is that stuff Ronwayne just listed.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

I liked it. Emphasized that Mercury is a bit more alien and weird. And the apegod is just dead meat. They EAT bull testicles in some cultures.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

What the gently caress is an elfgame anyway. Honestly kinda saddened by the grade school reaction.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
An "elfgame" is kind of a tongue in cheek term for a fantasy RPG.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
Hey bug to clear things up, a couple of players felt really uncomfortable with your post regarding the god carving. Some did not. Some didn’t care. Asking for the players that did feel uncomfortable, how do you feel about your character moving forward? It’s fair to say that I’m asking in that regard that the body horror/sex can be areas that are too far, and I should have clarified this with everyone as I haven’t played with everyone to know what’s good in regards to fair play.

Keep in mind there’s gonna be some traps going off and that in no way implies a knee jerk reaction. That being said, apegod did not have balls, and to spoil the story he had quested his entire life for them.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Yeah sorry this was dumb. Forget it.

a fatguy baldspot fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 11, 2018

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
"Actually my Dwarf's collection of his defeated foes' severed genitals is cool and good and it's his culture and it's YOU all who are weird for not inviting me to game night anymore" the treatise

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Personally I don't care. Hell even my character is more like, "Eh, that's a little weird."

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

Well, I'm sorry that I caused controversy. I'm not Trying to be all edge. In this instance, I was trying to think of something significant enough that afterwards it would make some sense to think "okay, we have its power now".

With the body horror stuff, I started evoking it because I've found it difficult to be "psychic" without other minds to psychic with, and it kinda stuck. If it makes you feel better, I've been trying to keep this one in check. That image of my character when it was battling was definitely the most tasteful I could find. I just have to hold the reigns tighter on this one, I think

As for erotic-sex in fantasy, rather than descriptive biology, I consider it to be sort of a radioactive element. I'm sure it has a place somewhere, but I'd be nervous if that place was next to me.

The game has to stay together. If people are nervous to read my posts, that will probably gum up the works. I'd be disappointed if I had to withdraw, but I would understand if it was necessary.

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

I read the game thread. People definitely seem turned off. Sad. Explode me

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Just don't cut nuts off and remember The Dark ID Rule.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Ok thank you for your response and thank you for playing; I’ll remove Mercury in a way that’s not disrespectful.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
The Architects of Fate have chosen Creation [+2] by a 2/3 vote.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled

Speleothing posted:

The Architects of Fate have chosen Creation [+2] by a 2/3 vote.

GRUMBOL was overruled! Re-count! More than 1.2% so no re-count!

There is some irony here...

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Hey all.
So I'm behind, and feel quite out of the current flow of the game. On top of that, I'm slammed with RL for the rest of the week. At this point, I think I'm going to have to drop out. Sorry about that, hope you all keep having fun.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Platonicsolid posted:

Hey all.
So I'm behind, and feel quite out of the current flow of the game. On top of that, I'm slammed with RL for the rest of the week. At this point, I think I'm going to have to drop out. Sorry about that, hope you all keep having fun.

Really late reply to this but thanks for playing, let me know if it changes.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I'll have my exit post up hopefully tommorowish.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Oh hey just to clarify, no need! If you've dropped the game (as is your choice and understandable per discussion) then there isn't a post to be made. I updated a post closing you guys out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Gotcha. At least now I have an excuse for THE CONTINUING ADVENTURES OF- in some future game.