Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Xbox Ambassador posted:

For spooky games Iím playing The Evil Within which I never played and the first 30 mins is amazing and has great graphics and the shadows and camera and lighting. Itís fantastic. Canít believe I never played it!

i heard it was the other RE4 and ive been meaning to play it forever. maybe this october is the time to play both cause i heard 2 is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

I think you'd like the combat but hate the mission structure , it becomes very repetitive and gamey. The battle system is great though and reminds me of a more refined Etrian Odyssey with a focus on lineup positioning and skill synergy across classes

its really really good and then falls off near the end where the encounters are full of bullshit, but i liked the battle system a lot

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

JoaoVitorBF posted:

Oh poo poo, time to play Minecraft hardcore mode again. Last year I couldn't get past the zombie groaning in a dark cave, got too spooked and quitted.
I love horror games.

gently caress off

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i thought it was bad but the trump avi makes any post worse

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

Also Bob now that you're in here did you eventually turn on Hollow Knight?

i love it and have beaten it 100% 8 times across multiple systems lol. and they kept adding new stuff, the latest update being the biggest one where they added kirby-style boss rushes. it's a sick game

the art style especially in the first area can be offputting and starting new saves where you dont have the dash for 15min is a bit lame, those are my only complaints lol. but everything outside the first area looks great

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i want to replay dead space 2 cause i really like scifi re4, the game is really good but i fell off it when other games came out

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Dead space 3 was so bad

it was a game that failed at everything because EA pushed them to make it gears of war

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

I liked 2 a lot but I think 1 is still king. 2 is when I started to worry they were getting away from the horror for action though it still ruled hard. Just having a dude turn into a necro right in front of you in bright light was lame but otoh having to run around in a strait jacket was p tense. The return to the Ishimura is scay af

1 is absolutely the king at being scary and atmospheric, and its story telling is much better than 2's.

but 2 is just crazy fun and to-the-point and has way more enemy variety

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

soma is cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

SOMA is the best game ever made in the Scary Walker genre.

i got frustrated with a certain lategame encounter and put on baby mode, and had a much better time with the game just exploring a creepy facility and learning its backstory with nothing trying to set me back 10 minutes lol. its very nice that it had that option

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

You opened yourself up to this, but now I'm imagining you running on the floor and your head hitting the raised part of a PS3 controller.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

i started playing soma based on recommendations here

its really cool and I personally couldnt stand amnesia lol, its just really great writing and environments

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

only playing horror games in October

haha

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

You're only allowed to like games BBG likes.

ohhh BBG about to psychotically bash you for IRL poo poo he remembers! you a fool for dis one!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

R. Dieovich posted:

this is actually why it got such bad reviews.

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

1.03 Notes:
- Collision detection with background geometry in 5-2 fixed
- Changed damage multiplayer for rage mode from 1.5x to 1.6x
- Lowered number of wasps released

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Molestationary Store posted:

Dude is the king of overcompensating for his own lovely past.

• Locked thread