Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I should try and play through the Fatal Frame trilogy like I planned to do last year.

Siren 2 is really good but it gets rid of a lot of the jank so it’s a better game gameplay wise but less charming and unique overall. Still very ambitious and good horror game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

You forgot to mention that if you fail after the checkpoint the candles disappear from her inventory once you restart so you need to clear the whole mission in one go.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I think the ghosts are actually the most effective part of 4 because they're always a threat and they can appear anywhere at anytime, so it makes the whole game more tense because there are no safe areas. I still don't like Silent Hill 4 overall, but it's good at making the player feel like they're in constant danger.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Didn’t SH4 start as a non-Silent Hill game. I thought I read that somewhere

This is a common misconception but SH4 was actually in development alongside SH3 as a different style of game but it was always meant to be a Silent Hill title. That’s why it came out not that long after 3 did.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I always fall off Fatal Frame 1 when I realize I have to fight the Blinded ghost a dozen times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

I broke it up into chunks. The different segments of the game are very harrowing but also are pretty well defined from one another. So there’s a bunch of Well that’s enough for tonight! points.

Someone gifted me SOMA tonight and it's really effective, first person perspective games always ratchet up the scare factor for me. I'll have to play it in small chunks like you said as I lack the iron constitution of sector_correcter.

• Locked thread