Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Randallteal posted:

Feels like Hassuf could stand to upgrade his cart since he's paying out like five years worth of my kingdom's revenue for sold gear when I get back from main quests now. It's also a little concerning that he's turning around and selling things like Endless War the +5 greatsword in the middle of my street fair.

Anyone who tries to rob someone selling +5 greatswords deserves what they get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I didn't see anything in the first post about it but what graphics settings are causing massive frameloss? My pc is relatively speaking strong. 8700k, 32 gigs of ram, 3060ti and sometimes, relatively rarely to be fair, it feels like I'm trying to run the game off an intel integrated graphics. I saw something about the antialiasing being old but turning it off doesn't seem to do have any effect for me. I think it gets particularly bad when there are a lot of light sources. So when you go to the goblin camp and they have a lot of fires going it got real rough. Weirdly loading a previous save in the area seemed to help things

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Goofballs posted:

I didn't see anything in the first post about it but what graphics settings are causing massive frameloss? My pc is relatively speaking strong. 8700k, 32 gigs of ram, 3060ti and sometimes, relatively rarely to be fair, it feels like I'm trying to run the game off an intel integrated graphics. I saw something about the antialiasing being old but turning it off doesn't seem to do have any effect for me. I think it gets particularly bad when there are a lot of light sources. So when you go to the goblin camp and they have a lot of fires going it got real rough. Weirdly loading a previous save in the area seemed to help things

I also have these issues. I don't think it's connected to display settings, although I've also noticed that the goblin camp and the DLC dungeon (which has lots of effects on the floor) are particularly stuttery. It seems to get worse the longer I've been playing in a session and the further into the game I am. I tried troubleshooting it by deleting all my old saves and custom portraits and reinstalling the game, but it didn't help. Once when I was playing for a few hours in one session it got a lot worse and I started seeing other issues like messages appearing twice in the log, and from then when I loaded that save the game would stutter badly on any map. When I reloaded the save from before that and played through again it didn't happen, so from then on I've been quitting out and reloading once per hour or so and it hasn't seemed to get any worse since I started doing that.

This is complete unfounded paranoia but I think it has something to do with saving. Maybe the number of times you've saved since the start of your session, counting autosaves? The game lags for a second for me every time the autosave happens at the start of a map and it feels just like when it hangs periodically when I'm scrolling around.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Randallteal posted:

I also have these issues. I don't think it's connected to display settings, although I've also noticed that the goblin camp and the DLC dungeon (which has lots of effects on the floor) are particularly stuttery. It seems to get worse the longer I've been playing in a session and the further into the game I am. I tried troubleshooting it by deleting all my old saves and custom portraits and reinstalling the game, but it didn't help. Once when I was playing for a few hours in one session it got a lot worse and I started seeing other issues like messages appearing twice in the log, and from then when I loaded that save the game would stutter badly on any map. When I reloaded the save from before that and played through again it didn't happen, so from then on I've been quitting out and reloading once per hour or so and it hasn't seemed to get any worse since I started doing that.

This is complete unfounded paranoia but I think it has something to do with saving. Maybe the number of times you've saved since the start of your session, counting autosaves? The game lags for a second for me every time the autosave happens at the start of a map and it feels just like when it hangs periodically when I'm scrolling around.

Iirc the unity engine tends to poo poo the bed when you have a lot of saves, yeah

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Should I turn off autosave?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

girl dick energy posted:

Should I turn off autosave?

FWIW, I ran with 10 quick/10 auto saves rolling and while I occasionally encountered the dreaded “Save game -> framerrate absolutely shits the bed” sequence, it happened maybe once every 6-10 hours and simply alt-F4 reload fixed it every time.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

I just got Nok Nok and hollleeee poo poo can he make big numbers appear!

Tristian is the weakest link in my level 10 party, without a doubt. While I'm having a lot of fun crushing his hopes and making him apologize profusely to me every time he tries to be kind with my lawful evil responses, I'd still like to see the kid have at least one thing he can proud of - efficiently slaughtering the hapless bandits and fleeing cultists that I needlessly instigate conflict with on a regular basis. What are some good builds for Tristian?

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

The Bramble posted:

Tristian is the weakest link in my level 10 party, without a doubt. While I'm having a lot of fun crushing his hopes and making him apologize profusely to me every time he tries to be kind with my lawful evil responses, I'd still like to see the kid have at least one thing he can proud of - efficiently slaughtering the hapless bandits and fleeing cultists that I needlessly instigate conflict with on a regular basis. What are some good builds for Tristian?

Unmodded just dip sorcerer for whichever bloodline gives you +dmg on fire based nukes and throw flame strike at things. Modded you can take eldritch heritage for the same effect without the level loss.

He's not a complicated hero - he just wants to see the world burn, so lean in. Healing inside of combat is terrible, and the sooner you realize that heals are for the camping screen (and ideally done through consumable wands) the happier you'll be with divine casters in general. Their non-healing spells are very strong, and while it's arguable that stuff like hold person is even stronger than lighting people on fire, you're a celebrant of nok-nok so I'm advising you to light the world on fire. It will bring you joy.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

The Bramble posted:

Easiest thing to do is Touch of Good/Blessings of the faithful to your teammates and being a buffbot in general so they can kill things faster.
If you want him to kill things, just grab strength belts, enlarge him (or use divine bower at important moments) and have him learn how to wield a reach weapon. Even with his sucky initial strength, when you give him equipment, buffs and a couple feats like outflank, he will connect and hurt people.
Blaster cleric build would have been easier if he chose fire as his primary domain, so you could throw flamestrikes in his non-domain slots, but what to do. There are still good CC/damage options to throw around though in the standard cleric list. You could even make him a skeleton sumon bot.

That's without multiclassing/respeccing. You could make him a trad monk to ght najed effectively, full Empyreal sorcerer (not Theurge) or perhaps sacred huntmaster/archer to give him a pet.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If you have Call of the Wild, you can get the Theurgy feat and a single level of Empyrean Sorcerer and then he becomes a fantastic Mystic Theurge, instead of needing a full four-level detour like you do unmodded.

Nok-Nok is basically OP and I love him.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jul 28, 2021

Zirak
Oct 17, 2018
Does Bag of Tricks allow you to end ongoing effects (like a web trap or an entanglement spell) once a fight is done or was that a separate mod, still?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Zirak posted:

Does Bag of Tricks allow you to end ongoing effects (like a web trap or an entanglement spell) once a fight is done or was that a separate mod, still?

yeah i think bag of tricks does that

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Just want to say I’ve really been enjoying this thread the past however many weeks of the continuing adventures of girl dick energy and everyone else who’s starting a run. It’s reminded me just how absurd the first game was.

Speaking of, where can they go after WotR? Are there more mythic campaigns? It’s going to be pretty hard coming down from that to “normal” end-game. Or do they just try to shoe horn it in now that so much hard work has been done?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Wrath is the only Mythic campaign.

There's a ton of adventure paths they could do next, but none with Mythic support.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

I presume that after Kingmaker they wanted another one with mechanics above and beyond just adventuring, and Wrath has that in spades.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Anno posted:

Just want to say I’ve really been enjoying this thread the past however many weeks of the continuing adventures of girl dick energy and everyone else who’s starting a run. It’s reminded me just how absurd the first game was.

eagerly keeping an eye out for the conclusion of the saga, yeah. Lord knows the house is a slog, tho.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I got a bit sidetracked, but I'm definitely going in for the finish soon. Especially knowing I don't have to deal with the Waterclock and that bullshit fight.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Zirak posted:

Also, this will actually be in base game Wrath.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Zirak posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/127?tab=description

That's the one I've been using; not sure if Bag of Tricks has its own way or not.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Anno posted:

Speaking of, where can they go after WotR? Are there more mythic campaigns? It’s going to be pretty hard coming down from that to “normal” end-game. Or do they just try to shoe horn it in now that so much hard work has been done?

Owlcat was supposedly hiring sci-fi artists at one point, so some people suspect that they're either going to swap over to make a Starfinder game (it's sci-fi Pathfinder basically) or the next game is going to be Iron Gods.

I don't know if it's possible to slot the Mythic system into Iron Gods, but with the introduction of the sci-fi tech in that game that might be enough of a replacement to keep up interest.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Anno posted:

honestly I hope they leave Paizo behind and do their own IP, they have proven they can write a billion words on stuff they like

Zirak
Oct 17, 2018

Nemo2342 posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/127?tab=description

That's the one I've been using; not sure if Bag of Tricks has its own way or not.

Thanks for that, much appreciated! I couldn't find the option to end the effects inside Bag of Tricks for the life of me so I'll give this one a go.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I vaguely recall seeing it, but I could well be wrong, sorry if I led you astray!

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Nephthys posted:

Owlcat was supposedly hiring sci-fi artists at one point, so some people suspect that they're either going to swap over to make a Starfinder game (it's sci-fi Pathfinder basically) or the next game is going to be Iron Gods.

Are there any good Starfinder APs?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

CottonWolf posted:

im grumpy, imo there isn't even a good Starfinder setting or even good rules

but I got all my info from the F&F on it so maybe everything is better now https://writeups.letsyouandhimfight.com/

Goa Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jul 29, 2021

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Goa Tse-tung posted:

im grumpy, imo there isn't even a good Starfinder setting or even good rules

but I got all my info from the F&F on it so maybe everything is better now https://writeups.letsyouandhimfight.com/

I own the corebook from back at release and basically gave up when I read the setting info and haven't followed it since. I like the Pathfinder setting a lot, but it feels like they jumped the timeline forwards in the most lazy way possible (especially with the deleting Golarian from the universe thing). I do appreciate that they made ratfolk a core race though.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

CottonWolf posted:

I own the corebook from back at release and basically gave up when I read the setting info and haven't followed it since. I like the Pathfinder setting a lot, but it feels like they jumped the timeline forwards in the most lazy way possible (especially with the deleting Golarian from the universe thing). I do appreciate that they made ratfolk a core race though.

i played a bunch of sessions of it, and it's just a grindingly mediocre translation of a (not great) system into sci fi. could be fine as a crpg, mind, but I wouldn't go out of my way to play it again.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

CottonWolf posted:

Well I only know about it from the Glass Cannon podcast myself. A quick google suggests Signal of Screams and Against the Aeon Throne are popular. Apparently, there's a hook that lets you go from Throne into Signal as the former is level 1-7 and the latter is 7-13 so maybe they could combine the two. Dead Suns is apparently a good newbie AP.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jul 29, 2021

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Anno posted:

Reading girl dick energy’s posts inspired me to pick the game up when it was half off on PSN, and now I’ve become completely obsessed with finding a character to play that really feels right to play.

The longest I’ve stuck with a run so far is about 5 hours with a paladin, and I’m already thinking of other things I’d rather try.

I’m starting to think it’s a good thing I never got into the pnp game, I would own so, so many splat books.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Have you heard about gestalt? It’s where you take two classes and parallel their progression taking the best of the core stats from each side when both sides have a feature plus all the unique stuff.

So a barbarian/wizard would have the d12 hp, and ability to rage, and a strong will save with the ability to cast spells. There’s a mod for that if you want to double (or triple or w/e) up on class features. The only restriction is ui related, take too many caster classes and the spell book can break in hilarious ways.

Zirak
Oct 17, 2018

sebmojo posted:

I vaguely recall seeing it, but I could well be wrong, sorry if I led you astray!

No, not at all! Bag of Tricks may well offer it but I just couldn't find the option! I really appreciate the help. :)

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Swan Lake Algae Problem posted:

Reading girl dick energy’s posts inspired me to pick the game up when it was half off on PSN, and now I’ve become completely obsessed with finding a character to play that really feels right to play.

The longest I’ve stuck with a run so far is about 5 hours with a paladin, and I’m already thinking of other things I’d rather try.

I’m starting to think it’s a good thing I never got into the pnp game, I would own so, so many splat books.

This game is the definition of "choice is regret". Gotta let go of that drive to pick the most perfectest build of the more perfect class or you'll never see chapter 3 :). Learned that one the hard way.

No I haven't ever finished the game, why you ask ?

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
The only reason I didn't spend 10 hours rerolling characters was because I just took one of my actual Pathfinder characters and plopped him into the game.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Swan Lake Algae Problem posted:

What sort of character are you trying to accomplish? Like a melee beast? Pathfinder paladins are a pretty solid pick, but the 3.5 / pf1e thing is locking paladins to lawful good kind of chaps my rear end: doubly so because lawful good is kind of not written well in the game.

If you want to try something with a big, interesting tool box and lots of options, try out like a thundercaller bard. Their key feature is that they get an aoe stun and damage spell tied to your bardic performances, which you have an absolute shitload of by mid level on top of all the other great bard toys.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I will literally never play a Paladin, because Lawful Good is the most dull alignment. I just couldn't deal with that for a 100 hour RPG/whole tabletop campaign.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

CottonWolf posted:

I will literally never play a Paladin, because Lawful Good is the most dull alignment. I just couldn't deal with that for a 100 hour RPG/whole tabletop campaign.

Bag of tricks lets you lock your alignment to Lawful Good so you can enjoy your extremely Law Of What I Think Is Good Paladin.

Just saying =p

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
They don't really give you the full range of alignment options for decisions anyway, so most of the time you'll be trying to pick a range of NG, CG, LN, and LE options to keep yourself in the LG ballpark even on vanilla.

Edit: do you lose the effects from alignment-specific buildings when your kingdom changes alignment? Because for me in my chaotic good -> neutral good game it took forever (multiple chapters) for my kingdom to follow my alignment change, and in the meantime I was still able to build the CG buildings.

Randallteal fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jul 29, 2021

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

DeathSandwich posted:

What sort of character are you trying to accomplish? Like a melee beast? Pathfinder paladins are a pretty solid pick, but the 3.5 / pf1e thing is locking paladins to lawful good kind of chaps my rear end: doubly so because lawful good is kind of not written well in the game.

If you want to try something with a big, interesting tool box and lots of options, try out like a thundercaller bard. Their key feature is that they get an aoe stun and damage spell tied to your bardic performances, which you have an absolute shitload of by mid level on top of all the other great bard toys.

Paladin seemed like a good balance for a main character, as a front line tank with decent damage output, and some extra support and healing options. It seemed like a really good option for any mix of the companions, so I wouldn’t feel locked into a particular party set up. I also thought charisma and persuasion would come in handy.

The lawful good restriction is definitely the main concern, although I kind of like it as a role playing guide, so I’m not just going for the choice I personally think is optimal at all times.

I’ll definitely take a look at the thundercaller, I’d also been thinking maybe some kind of archer, a ranged inquisitor sounded like it could be fun.

Edit: I think the other thing is that since I’ll almost definitely pick up wrath of the righteous once it comes to console, I sort of want to wait and play a more religious character there. It just seems like a better fit.

Crystal Lake Witch fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 29, 2021

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Hold on to any desire to play Paladin until Wrath of the Righteous. Owlcat very much cleaned up the alignment conversation choice issues (not to say there aren't still some issues, but it's overall much more minor and acceptable), it's a campaign practically custom designed for them, and you don't get horribly gimped in the endgame by most poo poo suddenly being chaotic neutral and so immune to your class features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

Hold on to any desire to play Paladin until Wrath of the Righteous. Owlcat very much cleaned up the alignment conversation choice issues (not to say there aren't still some issues, but it's overall much more minor and acceptable), it's a campaign practically custom designed for them, and you don't get horribly gimped in the endgame by most poo poo suddenly being chaotic neutral and so immune to your class features.

So, it's it just the reverse then?

I've seen mention how chapter 4 on all the enemies have Unholy Aura, which basically turbofucks a lot of build ideas.

I'll give Owlcat credit, they take on a job 3x larger then they should with probably 1/2 the staff needed and are able to eventually crank out a functional game that is pretty unmatched in recent memory. Wrath is shaping up to be another very rough launch given chapters 5-6 aren't even in the beta and what is in the final beta is still broken as gently caress in many places.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 29, 2021