Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Szurumbur posted:

That's very informative, thank you! Can you charge on a mount? Does that work with Pounce?

Yep for charging, and I'm pretty sure yep to the 2nd question although I don't have pounce since I have dog.

Nephthys posted:

I believe the charge damage is working but you don't count as flanking with your mount when you're mounted so you don't really get to use teamwork feats with them or get AOO's.

Eh? Flanking absolutely works with your mount. It's the whole premise of the mad dog barb build I've been spamming the thread about too!

Mad dog has two class features that rely on this as well: pack tactics (an additional +2 when flanking with your pet, so +6 to hit with outflank), and throat cutter, where you get an AoO when your pet trips someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
If I have a character with Bismuth the Triceratops, will they qualify for feats effecting animal companions?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

Saved all the courtesans, saved the beer cart, only to find out the achievement is bugged (because of course it is) and you only get it if you go to Dae's mansion after the tavern fight.
I got it just fine going before the tavern fight, but it didn't pop until after the tavern fight for some reason.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Infinity Gaia posted:

If you have that kind of information, do you know if there are any +5 Warhammers? My Torag character is still sitting cold with a +3, even if it's a pretty drat good +3.

Hammer of Ruin, Solid Strategy and that's it.
Warhammers are one of those weapons that don't seem to get much of anything.

There's a +4 that infers disadvantage on every enemy roll if you hit them though which is wild.

Taear fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Sep 25, 2021

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

WrightOfWay posted:

Yeah, that would work fine. You can basically think of it as both you and your mount only counting as one character for the purposes of flanking. Add a second character into the mix and things work as you would expect.

I'm pretty sure that's wrong, as I've dealt sneak attacks to folks who were engaged in melee by just Seelah & Chestnut (all light brown horses are named Chestnut. I don't make the rules.)

Ethiser posted:

There are more normal Law options like “You are a murderer so I’m putting you in prison” but a lot of the Aeon quest specific Law choices are almost comically severe.

Aeon is what happens when you elect a person with cosmic-level Asperger's head judge.

ccubed posted:

Early game is it worth making a mercenary(or 2) to brew potions and/or scribe scrolls? If so, how would you build them?

Not really. I tried making a Mystic Theurge with the brewing background trait for the purpose of basically being the one-stop-shop copist ; but in practice since he's *only* that I obviously don't take him with the party, so he's only scribing scrolls when I rest at the main camp, which is much less frequent than resting in the world. Also he seemed bugged after a while because he couldn't scribe arcane spells I knew full well he had in his spellbook (maybe the sheer number of spells he had broke the tables, idk)

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Can any companion other than Camellia cast Barkskin?

Also do any companions come with potion making feat natively?

Daeran with Extra Mystery:Nature can cast a million Barkskins. Also gets a doggo.
Arueshualae can cast it albeit with a reduced caster level because Ranger/Paladin spellcasting is gimped and yes I'm salty about it.

And no, I don't believe so, but Cult Leader Warpriest and Vivisectionist both give brewing for free so you could easily setup Woljif as an arcane potion brewer and Wendy as a divine one if you so wished. In either case, don't forget to max their ranks in Knowledge(World).
Witches should also be able to get it with the Cauldron hex but I don't recall it being in the game.

blizzardvizard posted:

Saved all the courtesans, saved the beer cart, only to find out the achievement is bugged (because of course it is) and you only get it if you go to Dae's mansion after the tavern fight.

Well I got it going daeran then tavern so idk.
But it's incredibly easy to lose track of the courtesans and have one get mulched by an AoO without noticing. Count them after the fight, if you have fewer than 8, you done hosed up.
Also I don't believe the beer cart counts as one of the 12 buildings so you can also lose it without noticing if you let those backdoor jerks get a single shot off

Terrible Opinions posted:

I got it just fine going before the tavern fight, but it didn't pop until after the tavern fight for some reason.

Because you can't have "saved the beer cart during the tavern fight" until the end of the tavern fight, for obvious reasons.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Dorkopotamis posted:

Is the lich path still terribly bugged? Have the crusade issues been resolved at least?

Should be fine by now.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Should be fine by now.

Its fine but it seems like some of the choice results might not get flagged properly, so you can choose things you shouldn't be able to.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Has anyone found any throwing aces better than +3?

I’m still using the ones from wintersun at level 17 lol

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Tabletops posted:

Has anyone found any throwing aces better than +3?

I’m still using the ones from wintersun at level 17 lol

Yeah, dunno where I got it, sry.

"Nordic Welcome"

+4, Strength, Frost, Ice Burst, first hit forces a slow for 1 round (DC 27)

edit there seems to be a +5 one, too: https://pathfinderwrathoftherighteous.wiki.fextralife.com/Throwing+Axes

edit 2 apparently I bought it from Storyteller

Goa Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Sep 25, 2021

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I kinda wish it was better at explaining things in item/spell descriptions.

Like all the upgraded abilities that say they function like x but then have no way to check what x does on the chargen screen.

Also with weapons with the finesse weapon tag, does that force you to use dex instead of strength or does it use best of dex or strength?

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Kaedric posted:

Eh? Flanking absolutely works with your mount. It's the whole premise of the mad dog barb build I've been spamming the thread about too!

Mad dog has two class features that rely on this as well: pack tactics (an additional +2 when flanking with your pet, so +6 to hit with outflank), and throat cutter, where you get an AoO when your pet trips someone.

After checking it myself it does seem like you're right. I had heard that it didn't work like this and also it doesn't make sense practically so I bought it. Sorry for the bad info on my part.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

I kinda wish it was better at explaining things in item/spell descriptions.

Like all the upgraded abilities that say they function like x but then have no way to check what x does on the chargen screen.

Also with weapons with the finesse weapon tag, does that force you to use dex instead of strength or does it use best of dex or strength?

Best of Strength or Dex, but you need to get the Weapon Finesse feat to use Dex. It also only uses Dex for your hit rate, not for damage. For Dex to damage you have to take an additional feat, either Slashing Grace or Fencing Grace, which apply to Slashing and Piercing weapons only, respectively, or Mythic Weapon Finesse, which applies to everything but is a mythic feat. Rogues also get Dex to damage at level 3. Basically, Dexterity is really powerful, but you have to jump through a bunch of hoops if you want to shank someone with a dagger effectively.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

WrightOfWay posted:

Best of Strength or Dex, but you need to get the Weapon Finesse feat to use Dex. It also only uses Dex for your hit rate, not for damage. For Dex to damage you have to take an additional feat, either Slashing Grace or Fencing Grace, which apply to Slashing and Piercing weapons only, respectively, or Mythic Weapon Finesse, which applies to everything but is a mythic feat. Rogues also get Dex to damage at level 3. Basically, Dexterity is really powerful, but you have to jump through a bunch of hoops if you want to shank someone with a dagger effectively.

Actually what I wanted to hear, cause my issue is I had a really good weapon (like my second +3) with finesse drop but I have a str character for it. Good to know I can just use it.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Loving the game, but holy poo poo that Tavern Defense fight just before you hit level 4 was NOT respectful of my time. poo poo took me 2 hours to complete on Core difficulty with turn based and I failed the first time around because some shithead cultist got a crit on my squishy sorcerer and killed him. Next time I'll just crank the difficulty down for that fight. That took way too long and I was not having fun by the end.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Macrame_God posted:

Loving the game, but holy poo poo that Tavern Defense fight just before you hit level 4 was NOT respectful of my time. poo poo took me 2 hours to complete on Core difficulty with turn based and I failed the first time around because some shithead cultist got a crit on my squishy sorcerer and killed him. Next time I'll just crank the difficulty down for that fight. That took way too long and I was not having fun by the end.

Those big fights are really really meant for RTWP mate.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Macrame_God posted:

If you hit space during not-your-turn it sets the action speed to max, which vastly accelerates how fast the turns go by. RTWP is faster, but comes with the downside of being harder to react to spawns as they happen. Focus on the key enemies and let the chaff enemies run to the paladin mosh pit and it gets done pretty fast.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

A Sometimes Food posted:

Those big fights are really really meant for RTWP mate.

RTWP is how I've been playing the game most of the time, but when I tried the tavern fight for the first time I got quickly overwhelmed by all the mobs of enemies so I switched to turn based so I could make the most of my crowd control spells like grease, create pit and sickening entanglement and even then I just barely killed all the arsonists before they destroyed the tavern.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Goofballs posted:

I didn't go into playing legend but I'd interrogate how many levels you can actually gain in act 5. Having a near full bab character and then like 5 levels of cleric might suck compared to another level of angel or demon.

Once you *actually* become legend, after going through the quest after you've picked legend, the game basically dumps 20 levels on you.

for some examples of the utter degeneracy going on here

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

Macrame_God posted:

RTWP is how I've been playing the game most of the time, but when I tried the tavern fight for the first time I got quickly overwhelmed by all the mobs of enemies so I switched to turn based so I could make the most of my crowd control spells like grease, create pit and sickening entanglement and even then I just barely killed all the arsonists before they destroyed the tavern.

You're supposed to ignore the basic fighter enemies, as they'll also ignore you unless you're standing right in front of them (and also give no XP).

Even if you get targeted by them, simply moving off to the side will get them to disengage and run toward the spearwall at the tavern entrance.

Offkorn fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Sep 25, 2021

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Dorkopotamis posted:

If I have a character with Bismuth the Triceratops, will they qualify for feats effecting animal companions?

Yup! As long as Bismuth is visible in the party menu, the equipped character is treated as though they have a real animal companion.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EclecticTastes posted:

Yup! As long as Bismuth is visible in the party menu, the equipped character is treated as though they have a real animal companion.

On a bismuth note - can confirm he's not level capped at 20

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Does Class/Alignment/etc. alter what you summon? Summoning is awesome but I like my PC's powers to reflect their character and I would think an Evil character would summon something distinct to them compared to a Good character.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

NikkolasKing posted:

Does Class/Alignment/etc. alter what you summon? Summoning is awesome but I like my PC's powers to reflect their character and I would think an Evil character would summon something distinct to them compared to a Good character.

Summon Monster spells have alignment differences yeah. Eg. the same summon spell may summon a deva for a good character but a frost giant for an evil character. You get different summon abilities based on your mythic path as well.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

NikkolasKing posted:

Depends on the spell.

With early arcane 'Summon Creature' spells you choose what you summon, while later ones are alignment-based. I rarely play Druids so don't remember offhand how the 'Call Woodland' spells behave.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
How to cure daze?

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
I regret all my feat choices on woljif but i dont wanna respec because iwa nna keep my core difficulty.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Buller posted:

I regret all my feat choices on woljif but i dont wanna respec because iwa nna keep my core difficulty.

Oh, so respecs are still gated to Custom difficulty? Bummer.

I've another question: can you ride Ainu (Azata path companion, if I botched the name)?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

You can ride Aivu once she reaches Large size, which takes a while. She starts out Small. Maybe a Small character (gnome/halfling) can ride her once she hits Medium, not sure. It'd work in tabletop but there's no telling if Owlcat just simplified the interaction.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Excellent, thank you

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Exercu posted:

Once you *actually* become legend, after going through the quest after you've picked legend, the game basically dumps 20 levels on you.

for some examples of the utter degeneracy going on here

?? how is your crit range like that if you're not a trickster?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Zurai posted:

You can ride Aivu once she reaches Large size, which takes a while. She starts out Small. Maybe a Small character (gnome/halfling) can ride her once she hits Medium, not sure. It'd work in tabletop but there's no telling if Owlcat just simplified the interaction.

I’m not sure why you’d want to though. If it works like every other mount she would lose the ability to do anything besides attack, which would lead to you missing out on her breath attack and any mid combat magic you want to cast.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Lord Koth posted:

Part of the issue is that Aeons were True Neutral in PF1, and cared about balance in all things and ONLY balance (this includes things like balance between knowledge and ignorance in mortals - it's really loving broad), but then they basically got merged with the LN Inevitables for PF2. And for the Aeon Mythic Path, it's going with PF2 lore on them.

So going by Inevitables:
-Planar travel can get them sicced on you for breaking cosmic laws.
-As can breaking the generally accepted laws of reality
-As can time travel
-As can delving into undeath
-As can breaking bargains
-As can being a fugitive from a lawfully given sentence

And in none of these things do they actually care about the morality or reason why - just whether it was done or not.

Or to emphasize this, here's a blurb from the type of Inevitable that focuses on that last one.

Yeah. I preferred the TN Aeons. There's nothing that really has that role in PF2 now, the new TN monitors are psychopomps, and care about the flow of souls and not much else.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

Kaedric posted:

?? how is your crit range like that if you're not a trickster?

I was a trickster - but the regular feats unlocked by trickster are "regular" feats, so they stay even after you stop being a trickster.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Buller posted:

You can respec in Core last time I checked, despite the game saying you can't. Hilor will still give you the option.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Ethiser posted:

I’m not sure why you’d want to though. If it works like every other mount she would lose the ability to do anything besides attack, which would lead to you missing out on her breath attack and any mid combat magic you want to cast.

For a laugh, mostly, and an image of riding a dragon into battle. Probably dismount soon after.

Though it is a shame that you lose the breath attack:/

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Sep 25, 2021

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Exercu posted:

I was a trickster - but the regular feats unlocked by trickster are "regular" feats, so they stay even after you stop being a trickster.

That is amazingly broken.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

The latest patch seemed to have removed an Elven Notes piece from the Gwerm Manor, and I have no clue if this is intentional or if it's a bug. It would make sense for them to remove it, so the page from Gray Garrison becomes the first piece of the story, but there's nothing in the patch notes.

Either way it seems I can miss a couple of these and still see the Storyteller's whole deal? So I guess I'll leave it be for now, since I'm already in Chapter 2 anyway.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Act 3 Trickster question When you go out to Areelu's shack your're supposed to find a cauldron to make liquor, where is that? The journal is fabulously unclear and the wiki doesn't have any useful info. E:finally found it. In case anyone else ends up looking for it its in the old wing, southmost room to the west

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Sep 25, 2021

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

Goofballs posted:

Act 3 Trickster question When you go out to Areelu's shack your're supposed to find a cauldron to make liquor, where is that? The journal is fabulously unclear and the wiki doesn't have any useful info

Close to where the trapped angel is. You click a magnifying glass to get the option to loot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

So, for the Chapter 3 Mythic quests... when/where do they start?

I know from experience that Aeon's begins immediately upon entering your room, but now as a Lich I've not seen anything in town that starts it. Is it time/event gated or something (and what about the other 4)?