Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Hiveminded posted:

The kitsune are winning :( Would really prefer ratfolk, but the furries just might be too powerful

(remember to vote rat, y'all)

Sorry rat nerd, I already voted for Kitsune.

Mostly because Fox people don't seem to show up very often in WRPGs and my favourite type of character to play is the trickster type, so a shape shifter fox Rogue/Bard is exactly the type of character want to play as.

What's hilarious though is just how the site is making GBS threads itself, I was able to vote early on since I'm listed as a backer, but when I look at the poll now it says I need to be a backer too vote, right above where it tells me who I voted for.

Lord Koth posted:

because I'm utterly and completely loving tired of Skaven memes.

I remember it wasn't too long after the poll got announced, definitely before the kickstarter ended that people already complaining that they couldn't so much as mention the poll without getting bombarded by Skaven memes.
And what's kinda funny about that is someone hosted an informal poll about which race people would vote for and all though it only got about 450 votes it ended up almost identical to where the actual poll is now, namely something like

Kitsune 49%
Ratfolk 36%
Catfolk 15%

The only difference now is a chunk of cat voters switched to Kitsune, I'm guessing because they realized cats had no chance.
But what I'm wondering is how many went with the Kitsune because it was their second choice and how many just don't want the rats too win.

And the Skaven comparisons are just silly, these fancy rats are straight out of Redwall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It doesn't even make any sense. The only thing Skaven and Pathfinder ratfolk have in common is being rats.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Blockhouse posted:

It doesn't even make any sense. The only thing Skaven and Pathfinder ratfolk have in common is being rats.

Well, and maybe one other thing.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Console version of Kingmaker out in 2 1/2 months.
Includes all DLC and turn-based mode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB96XKG_16w

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

JamMasterJim posted:

Console version of Kingmaker out in 2 1/2 months.
Includes all DLC and turn-based mode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB96XKG_16w

Holy poo poo awesome! Any word on that turn-based mode coming to PC as an official thing?

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

chaosapiant posted:

Holy poo poo awesome! Any word on that turn-based mode coming to PC as an official thing?

gently caress that would absolutely rule

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

chaosapiant posted:

This IGN article says that it's coming to PC on the day of the console launch.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

It's even got a made for turn-based UI, looking at the screenshots in that article.

Mod -> feature in next game -> feature in current game. That was one amazingly well-done mod and it's great that the devs were smart enough to recognize it.

E: Holy poo poo, looks like they've even added a proper path UI for moving:

v1ld fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jun 11, 2020

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Awesome! Nothing worse than charging and watching Okbo spazzing the gently caress out and waste his turn while blocking other peeps.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
So I was right all along whining that Enhanced Edition still feels buggy! Now we get a Definitive Edition that will certainly have no bugs at all. Oh well, my playthrough is postponed again, probably have time for couple more Pillars of Eternity 2 runs.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

ilitarist posted:

So I was right all along whining that Enhanced Edition still feels buggy! Now we get a Definitive Edition that will certainly have no bugs at all. Oh well, my playthrough is postponed again, probably have time for couple more Pillars of Eternity 2 runs.

Or it's just a package name like Imperial, Explorer etc editions to market the console port that has all the DLC and turn based mode. If bugs hamper your playthrough, I doubt there will be significant changes in August.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
After a few hiccups, finally got past the introduction and having a blast. Largely due to mods. EVERY isometric RPG needs turn based mode! (Although Call of the Wild should have warnings that a) re-speccing some of your characters will change their classes and b)attempting to disable it after this spits out game-crashing errors). The Respec mod is so addictive. Just wish i didn't have to start over from Level 1 every time I want to re-build. There are so many classes...

Just a couple questions.

Is there any way of bringing up monster information? Sometimes, there's a flurry of Knowledge checks at the beginning of combat, and I can select an entry, but this doesn't always come up. Likewise, some way of double-checking what debuffs I have on mobs? Do enemies follow the standard Bestiary entries, or haven they been altered?

Either Power Attack is bugged, or I'm using it incorrectly. Characters with it enabled will walk up to a target in movement range, but not attack. Unless I select the Cleave attack, in which case they'll do a cleave.

Is there any way of figuring out which targets are cleave-able? In the PnP game, this is easy, but here I find Cleave is rarely worth it because targets that LOOK together are actually 5cm apart. Or something. Never managed to get Great Cleave or Cleaving Finish to proc, either.

Is there any way to tell if I'm flanking besides attacking and then reading the combat log to see if "flanking" is listed?

And exactly how do I set up ranged sneak attacks? Trying to get some use out of Olivia, and what I could find so far has just been a mass of confusion between tabletop and electronic rules. Specifically what spells/abilities do i need to use on enemies to make them flat-footed/no dex bonus? Pathfinder had WAY too many debuffs, and the in-game guide doesn't help much. I'm wndering if resetting her to pure Wizard isn't better, now that I have my little goblin murder machine.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Cobalt-60 posted:

After a few hiccups, finally got past the introduction and having a blast. Largely due to mods. EVERY isometric RPG needs turn based mode! (Although Call of the Wild should have warnings that a) re-speccing some of your characters will change their classes and b)attempting to disable it after this spits out game-crashing errors). The Respec mod is so addictive. Just wish i didn't have to start over from Level 1 every time I want to re-build. There are so many classes...

Just a couple questions.

Is there any way of bringing up monster information? Sometimes, there's a flurry of Knowledge checks at the beginning of combat, and I can select an entry, but this doesn't always come up. Likewise, some way of double-checking what debuffs I have on mobs? Do enemies follow the standard Bestiary entries, or haven they been altered?

Either Power Attack is bugged, or I'm using it incorrectly. Characters with it enabled will walk up to a target in movement range, but not attack. Unless I select the Cleave attack, in which case they'll do a cleave.

Is there any way of figuring out which targets are cleave-able? In the PnP game, this is easy, but here I find Cleave is rarely worth it because targets that LOOK together are actually 5cm apart. Or something. Never managed to get Great Cleave or Cleaving Finish to proc, either.

Is there any way to tell if I'm flanking besides attacking and then reading the combat log to see if "flanking" is listed?

And exactly how do I set up ranged sneak attacks? Trying to get some use out of Olivia, and what I could find so far has just been a mass of confusion between tabletop and electronic rules. Specifically what spells/abilities do i need to use on enemies to make them flat-footed/no dex bonus? Pathfinder had WAY too many debuffs, and the in-game guide doesn't help much. I'm wndering if resetting her to pure Wizard isn't better, now that I have my little goblin murder machine.

Power Attack isn't an attack ability, it's a modifier to all attacks that you turn on/off. It's been a while since I played, but I think it's right click to toggle it on/off? If you turn Power Attack on, you still need to perform an attack action on the enemy to actually attack them. You can right click many actions to set them as the "default" maneuver in real-time mode when your party is under AI control, but be aware that this doesn't actually work intelligently - if you try and set "charge" as your default action, that character will charge as their first action and then spend the rest of their time standing around since you can't charge a target next to you - it won't intelligently replace an impossible action with a basic attack.

In PF:Kingmaker, flanking is defined as two (or more) friendly targets attacking the same enemy. No actual positioning required. To do ranged sneak attacks, Octavia needs to be targeting an enemy that is also being attacked by two or more allies (or attacking from stealth or invisibility).

Flat-footed is a condition everyone has in combat before they take their first action. In the real-time mode, basically the highest initiative characters start acting first, while lower-initiative characters get delayed before they can start taking actions. If you need enemies to be flat-footed (like for the Surprise Spells ability of the Arcane Trickster), boost Octavia's dex and take the Improved Initiative feat.

Otherwise, generally speaking, enemies are denied their dexterity when they are helpless (i.e. paralyzed), when they are unaware of their attacker (due to stealth or invisibility), when they are blind, or when they are stunned (Stunning Fist, Stunning Critical, other spells that stun targets).

Edit: Octavia is an absolute monster as an Arcane Trickster because ranged sneak damage is free damage on all her touch spells, meaning you can have a basic Ray of Frost that deals non-negligible damage for chaff enemies and save your limited big spells for opening encounters and real threats.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Update with prestige classes.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2865057

I am pretty sure they had never mentioned loremaster before. Seems kinda trash, like assassin, but perhaps the buff they gave it to replace the lore and language bonuses seems cute.

JamMasterJim fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 15, 2020

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

JamMasterJim posted:

Update with prestige classes.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2865057

I am pretty sure they had never mentioned loremaster before. Seems kinda trash, like assassin, but perhaps they will buff it to replace the lore and language bonuses.

Loremaster isn't great, but it still gets full casting progression with no drawbacks so it's not terrible. Probably best for a control wizard with school powers they don't really care about... or Arcanist if they don't seriously improve the exploits available (they hopefully will). I mean, there's certainly WORSE things I could think of to do with your levels than get a bunch of free feat-equivalents and a massive boost to Lore checks.

The actual interesting thing there, and I don't think it had previously been confirmed, is that they're bringing over Hellknight Signifer in addition to the normal one. So casters can go down that route as well. Arcane casters can even wear armor if they want and not have to worry about the Arcane Armor feat eating their actions, since the class natively gives a permanent 10% reduction to spell failure chance eventually.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Lord Koth posted:

Loremaster isn't great, but it still gets full casting progression with no drawbacks so it's not terrible. Probably best for a control wizard with school powers they don't really care about... or Arcanist if they don't seriously improve the exploits available (they hopefully will). I mean, there's certainly WORSE things I could think of to do with your levels than get a bunch of free feat-equivalents and a massive boost to Lore checks.

The actual interesting thing there, and I don't think it had previously been confirmed, is that they're bringing over Hellknight Signifer in addition to the normal one. So casters can go down that route as well. Arcane casters can even wear armor if they want and not have to worry about the Arcane Armor feat eating their actions, since the class natively gives a permanent 10% reduction to spell failure chance eventually.

It was heavily implied/semi-confirmed in previous streams. IIRC, signifer gets a free upgrade from arcane armor training to mastery, so it's still worth investing.
I'll probably go warpriest route for Signifer though.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

JamMasterJim posted:

It was heavily implied/semi-confirmed in previous streams. IIRC, signifer gets a free upgrade from arcane armor training to mastery, so it's still worth investing.
I'll probably go warpriest route for Signifer though.

I recall people talking about it a lot, but apparently missed the pseudo-confirmation. Ah well. And yeah, it gets Arcane Armor Mastery as a bonus feat along with the class itself letting you do it as an immediate action rather than swift, but Signifer also adds - in two 5% increments at 4th/8th - an additional 10% reduction that doesn't require any sort of action whatsoever.

It's absolutely still less of a headache to take a divine class in the first place, and I would very much think there are robes that would be better for a full arcane caster than armor anyways, but it's at least doable if you want to jump through the hoops needed for an arcane caster.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth

Olesh posted:

Power Attack isn't an attack ability, it's a modifier to all attacks that you turn on/off. It's been a while since I played, but I think it's right click to toggle it on/off? If you turn Power Attack on, you still need to perform an attack action on the enemy to actually attack them. You can right click many actions to set them as the "default" maneuver in real-time mode when your party is under AI control, but be aware that this doesn't actually work intelligently - if you try and set "charge" as your default action, that character will charge as their first action and then spend the rest of their time standing around since you can't charge a target next to you - it won't intelligently replace an impossible action with a basic attack.

In PF:Kingmaker, flanking is defined as two (or more) friendly targets attacking the same enemy. No actual positioning required. To do ranged sneak attacks, Octavia needs to be targeting an enemy that is also being attacked by two or more allies (or attacking from stealth or invisibility).

Flat-footed is a condition everyone has in combat before they take their first action. In the real-time mode, basically the highest initiative characters start acting first, while lower-initiative characters get delayed before they can start taking actions. If you need enemies to be flat-footed (like for the Surprise Spells ability of the Arcane Trickster), boost Octavia's dex and take the Improved Initiative feat.

Otherwise, generally speaking, enemies are denied their dexterity when they are helpless (i.e. paralyzed), when they are unaware of their attacker (due to stealth or invisibility), when they are blind, or when they are stunned (Stunning Fist, Stunning Critical, other spells that stun targets).

Edit: Octavia is an absolute monster as an Arcane Trickster because ranged sneak damage is free damage on all her touch spells, meaning you can have a basic Ray of Frost that deals non-negligible damage for chaff enemies and save your limited big spells for opening encounters and real threats.

Figured out some of the problems. The issue with not attacking was due to Coup de Grace selected. The flanking/sneak attack is likely due to a flanking mod, which I can't disable because the game starts crashing on load. WTF.

Dr. Sneer Gory
Sep 7, 2005
I've been playing Magus set up for Weapon Finesse and using a Estoc and now I'm finding that there is a real dearth of good magic estocs in the game. I'm in Act II, I think, and level 8. Have I made a horrible mistake, and is there anything I can do about it?

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Dr. Sneer Gory posted:

I've been playing Magus set up for Weapon Finesse and using a Estoc and now I'm finding that there is a real dearth of good magic estocs in the game. I'm in Act II, I think, and level 8. Have I made a horrible mistake, and is there anything I can do about it?
I think there's one you can order if you annex the South Narlmarches, build a village there, visit it and complete a favor for the foreign woman there, and build her shop.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Sneer Gory posted:

Aside from the Artisan as described above, you only get a couple good ones at the end of chapter 3 and 4 (before you can find the best one in the endgame dungeon).
You are probably better off using any agile weapon you find in the meantime.

Dr. Sneer Gory
Sep 7, 2005
Eeesh. I'm thinking now of getting that crafting magic items mod, as long as it's reasonably stable.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Good grief.

I like this game, but the writing and design have some HUGE flaws. Never played a game that was so drat OBTUSE; I've had 3 guides and walkthroughs bookmarked, and STILL find myself having to google hints/clarifications for specific quests.

Finally got to the last boss world, and this is BULLSHIT. Following a walkthrough, trying to keep track of which part/side of this stupid fairie funhouse I'm on, finally got my party together, now fighting my way through PURE $%^@$#%^ING BULLSHIT ghosts and Fae hunters (At-will DC 30 Gaze attacks! AC 45! Reduced damage from...nearly everything! Can deal 150 points worth of sneak attack damage in the surprise round!) I don't know if it's supposed to be this frustratingly hard, but I've died/reloaded more times in this demented fuckhouse than the entire game so far.

I generally love the way they've adapted and streamlined the Pathfinder system (simplified skills, steamlined combat, no grappling whatsoever), but if this was a tabletop game, I'd be having words with the DM.
"As you enter the *completely* empty room, 9 Weretigers suddenly appear! And 8 wererat archers! Surprise round! *rolls 51 d20s*"
"How about no."

Of course, I've got enough mods installed that I have no idea how the vanilla game goes. I wish there was a way to adjust the difficulty besides "Enemies get better at focus-firing your character before you can do a drat thing when they inevitably go first in initiative." Or maybe that's just high-level play.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I played through unmodded, and that's just how that section of the game is.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

As I draw ever closer to the conclusion of my POE2 playthrough, I am looking ahead to Kingmaker.

When can you multiclass? Is it something available straight away or is it only an option after a certain level? I don't remember seeing it as an option when I created my character last time.

Also looking up classes for the next game, still no Antipaladin. Shame.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jun 20, 2020

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

When can you multiclass? Is it something available straight away or is it only an option after a certain level?

Every level you pick that levels class. Splashing classes has been a thing forever since d&d 3.0.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Kalas posted:

Every level you pick that levels class. Splashing classes has been a thing forever since d&d 3.0.

I don't actually play D&D.

Thanks for the info, though.

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss

Cobalt-60 posted:

Good grief.

I like this game, but the writing and design have some HUGE flaws. Never played a game that was so drat OBTUSE; I've had 3 guides and walkthroughs bookmarked, and STILL find myself having to google hints/clarifications for specific quests.

Finally got to the last boss world, and this is BULLSHIT. Following a walkthrough, trying to keep track of which part/side of this stupid fairie funhouse I'm on, finally got my party together, now fighting my way through PURE $%^@$#%^ING BULLSHIT ghosts and Fae hunters (At-will DC 30 Gaze attacks! AC 45! Reduced damage from...nearly everything! Can deal 150 points worth of sneak attack damage in the surprise round!) I don't know if it's supposed to be this frustratingly hard, but I've died/reloaded more times in this demented fuckhouse than the entire game so far.

I generally love the way they've adapted and streamlined the Pathfinder system (simplified skills, steamlined combat, no grappling whatsoever), but if this was a tabletop game, I'd be having words with the DM.
"As you enter the *completely* empty room, 9 Weretigers suddenly appear! And 8 wererat archers! Surprise round! *rolls 51 d20s*"
"How about no."

Of course, I've got enough mods installed that I have no idea how the vanilla game goes. I wish there was a way to adjust the difficulty besides "Enemies get better at focus-firing your character before you can do a drat thing when they inevitably go first in initiative." Or maybe that's just high-level play.

With some very notable exceptions I didn't find that a guide was necessary for figuring out where to go or what to do. There are a ton of breadcrumbs from NPCs and most of the puzzles are either fairly straightforward, or build off of mechanics that were introduced earlier.

The House At The End of Time is entirely bullshit. The mechanic does build off of the first world mechanic introduced way back during The Bloom but that mechanic was hardly used in between these two chapters at opposite ends of the game, and the version of it in use at The House is quite a bit more complex. And, that puzzle in the Bloom is also itself one of the most obtuse puzzles I've seen outside of a point and click adventure game. Having to leave the bird on the rock and sleep overnight and then throw its bones in the lake was a pretty 'wtf' moment for me. If there is an NPC somewhere that breadcrumbs any of that, to this day, I cannot find it. The only thing that suggests this mechanic at all is in the first chapter, where you are taught to drop herbs into chests to look for secret items hidden by druids.

Otherwise though I thought the puzzles were all pretty solvable.

As for the encounters, well, they are a very silly. Some of it is just the nature of high level play in Pathfinder. If you faithfully adapt the tabletop game, somewhere around level 15 or so combat is going to turn into rocket tag and optimization and spell casting become more and more important. The Wild Hunt in particular are just bullshit enemies, but keeping Freedom of Movement/Protection from Chaos/Death Ward and possibly Mind Blank up on your entire party at all times is kind of just expected at that level. It doesn't excuse it or make it less tedious and i highly encourage just cheating the hell out of that terrible entire mansion, but it's only partly the crpg's fault for cramming itself full of the dumbest enemies in PF.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

I don't actually play D&D.

Thanks for the info, though.

Ah in that case, multiclassing in d20 based systems has some traps. You don’t want to dilute things too much without good reason.

There’s usually a class or archetype that will cover a concept, but at the same time there’s mechanics you will want to get that’s unique to a base class.

Monks and paladins have some insanely good perks right away. 1-2 levels of Monk or 2-3 levels of paladin completely change what options you have when building things.

Both of those classes must be Lawful, good as well in the case of Paladins so keep that in mind.

If you want up do a fighter mage though, usually magus is the best of both world, though there’s a prestige class called Eldridge Knight that can also work. You need to plan ahead though for prestige classes, they have various requirements.

Taking day 10 levels of wizard and 10 levels of fighter will make for a crappy level 20 character.

Enjoy the game, you are in for a ride.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Kalas posted:

Ah in that case, multiclassing in d20 based systems has some traps. You don’t want to dilute things too much without good reason.

There’s usually a class or archetype that will cover a concept, but at the same time there’s mechanics you will want to get that’s unique to a base class.

Monks and paladins have some insanely good perks right away. 1-2 levels of Monk or 2-3 levels of paladin completely change what options you have when building things.

Both of those classes must be Lawful, good as well in the case of Paladins so keep that in mind.

If you want up do a fighter mage though, usually magus is the best of both world, though there’s a prestige class called Eldridge Knight that can also work. You need to plan ahead though for prestige classes, they have various requirements.

Taking day 10 levels of wizard and 10 levels of fighter will make for a crappy level 20 character.

Enjoy the game, you are in for a ride.

Pillars of Eternity II made me want to play a Ranger again, a Class I've hitherto mostly ignored. But I also really like RP'ing religious characters since a fantasy religion is one of the coolest things about an RPG setting for me.

So I was hoping Ranger/Inquisitor or Ranger/Cleric might work but I dunno.

And yeah, I'd like to go Paladin but that Lawful Good thing sucks. They need to get Antipaladin in one of these video games.

Thanks again.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Seems like you could get what you want by just picking a pure cleric or inquisitor with the animal domain. Erastil as your god would even get you longbow prof for free.

If you insist on multiclassing sacred huntsman 3 rest ranger - sacred will basically be there to let your pet use teamwork feats some of which are really strong in this.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jun 20, 2020

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

Pillars of Eternity II made me want to play a Ranger again, a Class I've hitherto mostly ignored. But I also really like RP'ing religious characters since a fantasy religion is one of the coolest things about an RPG setting for me.

So I was hoping Ranger/Inquisitor or Ranger/Cleric might work but I dunno.

And yeah, I'd like to go Paladin but that Lawful Good thing sucks. They need to get Antipaladin in one of these video games.

Thanks again.

You can do ranged inquisitor purely as inquisitor, even with an animal companion. They have an archtype that is perfect for this, Sacred Huntsman. It's literally a holy ranger.

The one thing you miss though from this is Point Blank Mastery (attacking with a ranged weapons if something is within melee range will provoke an attack, this stops that) as you need either 4 levels of Fighter or 6 levels of Ranger to obtain. I suggest doing 4 levels of fighter over ranger for this. However, being careful with positioning can remove the need for this really.

I'd just go 20 levels of inquisitor.

Inquisitors are a hell of a class. They use spontaneous spells instead of having to memorize them. You have a smaller choice, but you can use the spell slots for any spell on the fly. They even get access to the big Heal spell at 16th level.

Kalas fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jun 20, 2020

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Kalas posted:

You can do ranged inquisitor purely as inquisitor, even with an animal companion. They have an archtype that is perfect for this, Sacred Huntsman. It's literally a holy ranger.

The one thing you miss though from this is Point Blank Mastery (attacking with a ranged weapons if something is within melee range will provoke an attack, this stops that) as you need either 4 levels of Fighter or 6 levels of Ranger to obtain. I suggest doing 4 levels of fighter over ranger for this. However, being careful with positioning can remove the need for this really.

I'd just go 20 levels of inquisitor.

Inquisitors are a hell of a class. They use spontaneous spells instead of having to memorize them. You have a smaller choice, but you can use the spell slots for any spell on the fly. They even get access to the big Heal spell at 16th level.

Fair enough, thanks for the information. Sounds like multiclassing in this type of game requires lots of forethought. Maybe I should wait for a second playthrough to attempt it.

This is for D&D not Pathfinder but it helped give me some ideas on how to go about all this
https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?502248-Ultimate-Optimizer-s-Multiclassing-Guide

Also helped with multiclass names. POE2 really got me into the habit of thinking up those. Although multiclassing is totally different here.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

This is for D&D not Pathfinder but it helped give me some ideas on how to go about all this
https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?502248-Ultimate-Optimizer-s-Multiclassing-Guide

The guide in your link is for 5th ed so not applicable at all, pathfinder is based on 3,5.

The builds here are intended for the highest difficulty so not at all required, but will give you an idea what multiclassing in pathfinder looks like: https://www.gog.com/forum/pathfinder_kingmaker/ineffects_guide_v2/post18

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth

Avalerion posted:

The guide in your link is for 5th ed so not applicable at all, pathfinder is based on 3,5.

The builds here are intended for the highest difficulty so not at all required, but will give you an idea what multiclassing in pathfinder looks like: https://www.gog.com/forum/pathfinder_kingmaker/ineffects_guide_v2/post18

Don't use any of these builds if you're not very familiar with the Pathfinder system. Most of these builds are endgame/high level/require multiple respecs along the way to achieve.

General guidelines for levelling:

(Most) every class gets better at higher levels. Multi-classing puts off getting some of the really cool stuff to give you more options now.

Full casters (sorceror,wizard,cleric,magus) should remain single class, unless you have a prestige class (Eldritch Knight, Arcane Trickster) that grants you caster levels. They need to get to their high-level spells.

Martial classes have a straighter power curve, so you can splash more easily. Fighter, Inquisitor, and Ranger all buff a martial class well without worrying about spell failure or other fiddly bits.

Whatever you choose, check your characters' spellbook every level-up to make sure they have all their spell slots filled.

Back to the game...why is every encounter in this stupid House of Horrors a clusterfuck? There are so many fun encounters in the game, why do i have to slog through "6 rounds of slowly plunking away with the 4 things that will actually damage the enemies while they infinitely spam their bullshit" every other room? Padding? CEO's failson got kicked from everywhere else, so he got pissy, scribbled this out, and whined to Daddy? If this was a RL Pathfinder campaign, I'd be having a serious conversation with the GM to ask them if there's something going wrong in their life, and do they need to take a break, cause this is not the work of a mentally balanced person.

On a related note, how hard is it to make minor modifications to the game? Just to change some numbers, (re)balance some enemies. Or put some more interesting writing in these interminable ubiquitous loading screens.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Oh yea, should have noted even just reaching level 20 won't happen without a bit of exploiting and even then only for the final dungeon. I think single class characters for the most part work just fine because of that, they have the benefit of working consistently through the game.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

What happens if you gently caress up your alignment as a caster in this game?

Specifically a Druid who stops being Neutral?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

You loose access to some class features, but you can buy atonement scrolls to reset it so it's never a big deal really.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Does the official PC patch with turn-based mode have a release date? Is it at the same time as the console release (August 18) or is that unclear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Don't you lose (temporarily if you can get back to neutral) all of your spell casting ability and druid abilities (animal companion, etc)?