Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

escalator dropdown
Jan 24, 2007

Like all good stories, the second act begins with a call to action and the building of a robot.

Zodiac5000 posted:

I picked up this game and my initial review is as follows, for the four groups of people I see it mattering to:

People who don't know poo poo about 3rd edition DnD or Computer RPGs

People who know how computer based RPGs work but not familiar/interested in Pathfinder

People who know Pathfinder but aren't super familiar with computer RPGs

People who know both pathfinder and computer RPGs

Good breakdown that I’d largely agree with. I’m somewhere between 2 and 4, in that I’m experienced with CRPGs but newer to TTRPGs so the only system I have an in-depth knowledge of is D&D 5e. I’m still early on in this game due to trying out a few characters, but I’m actually finding it harder to get a handle on the mechanics of this than something like PoE.

For now I’ve just got it cranked down to Easy because between bugs and lack of systems knowledge, I was struggling. I’ll gradually ramp it up as I go and as patches come out I guess.

Also, the worst annoyance by far is the speed of movement. Even relatively unburdened and in good conditions, it’s sluggish to move around. Earlier today I found myself on a map where I was 1) fatigued 2) overburdened, and 3) it was pouring rain. Pure rage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escalator dropdown
Jan 24, 2007

Like all good stories, the second act begins with a call to action and the building of a robot.

Taear posted:

You get TWO clerics as NPCs though. I'm not saying not to be one but that's a lot of clerics.

I'd pick an arcane caster if I was starting over, a Sorcerer is pretty easy as you don't have to gently caress about with memorising spells.

Be aware, there’s supposedly some buggy poo poo with sorcerers and the Spell Focus and Spell Specialization feats right now.

escalator dropdown
Jan 24, 2007

Taear posted:

Can anyone help me with the Lost Child quest?
I've done it all, rescued Tig. But I can't find his mum to hand the loving quest in! The guide says she's in the throne room but she absolutely isn't.

She was in the tavern for me. Southeast corner of the city lets you go there. (Unless you haven’t built a tavern yet? Maybe? I can’t remember. Who knows with this loving game.)