Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Do the claw attacks you gain from the beast totem rage power do anything if you wield a 2-handed weapon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
What are the Azata superpowers people are talking about? I can't find anything about them on the internet.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Avalerion posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp0ArImBCg8&t=192s because gently caress actually writting guides anymore everything's got to be a video.

This is back from the beta I've read the Lifebonding friendship one has been made baseline so there might have been other changes (aside from getting one every odd level instead of just two).

So Life-bonding friendship makes all your allies immortal as long as one of them has positive health? Are all the mythic paths this strong?

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
I'm struggling a bit with the turn based interface. How can you tell what actions you have left? Also is there any way to make a standard non-full attack and do a full move after attacking?

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Gyoru posted:

There's an unbound control setting that toggles doing a full attack or a single action attack. Right Mouse Button or Shift toggles between 5 ft move or standard move action. The bar that only shows up during turn based above your character's skill bar will gray out as you complete each action.

Also make sure you disable auto end turn in turn based because it's buggy

Thanks.

Also is there a way to make the camera top down? The walls are in the way constantly and you can't click through them.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
My characters keep losing their turn when I try to make them charge. That combined with random debris on the floor preventing charges because they have to be in perfect straight lines makes me rethink going beast totem barbarian for pounce.

Also Camilla can buff with enlarge person which is a full turn action and then do the shaman buff thing which is a standard action in the same turn. I can't tell if this game is bugged to hell or just a new level of obtuse.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Is there a trick to consistently get your charges off? I just had two characters consecutively waste their turns trying to charge and something has to be causing it.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
It's hard to believe this game had a public beta.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
My barbarian is chaotic good. Are the only mythic paths available to me the le epic memelord ones?

Edit: Also when can you get mythic vital strike? I want to be able to run up to squishy enemies and kill them in one turn but charge is so bugged right now.

Mercrom fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Sep 7, 2021

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

EclecticTastes posted:

From what I can tell, the alignment "flavors" of the paths break down as follows:

-Angel: Generic Good, leaning towards LG but not strictly

-Gold Dragon: More strongly Lawful Good, I'd assume, given that Gold Dragons are LG by nature.

-Azata: Neutral to Chaotic Good, basically the good that's not quite so hardnosed about it.

-Trickster: Chaotic, with where you fall on the morality scale determined by your choices.

-Aeon: Lawful Neutral to Lawful Good.

-Devil: Lawful Evil

-Demon: Generic evil, leaning heavily toward CE (moreso than Angel leans toward LG), very much the opposite to Angel, which makes sense, them being the default paths as well as being of opposite alignments.

-Lich: Evil, but you can kinda get away with pushing for an evil-leaning "ends justify the means" Neutral, I think, based on what people have said

-Swarm: :moreevil:

EDIT: By the way, when do I get some friggin' boots? I've already retaken Drezen and my entire team is still barefoot.

I wish D&D alignments told me anything at all. Are there punk rock Azata or are they all hippies.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
I'm gonna give up on turn based mode. It's too buggy.

How do I toggle slow motion in combat? I know you can hold shift-space or V but that's a pain.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
So apparently Azata kinda sucks for my 7 charisma barb. Trickster looks broken though. Am I misreading the ability or can I get like 50 BAB with Athletics 3?

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Zurai posted:

Murdering invalids because they're inconvenient is capital-E Evil, even if it made sense in the circumstances.

Meanwhile another NPC gets to be Lawful Neutral despite being completely unrepentant about burning children at the stake. The alignment system makes no sense whatsoever and leaves no room for differences between doing something for the greater good and just torturing and killing everyone for fun.

Lann is also Lawful Neutral which just tells me the developers don't take the alignment system seriously at all. Which would be fine if it didn't have gameplay implications.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
You get evil points for doing evil and good points for doing good so all my party members should be maximally good by the end of the campaign :colbert:.

Also are "ranks" in a skill the number of points you put into it, excluding bonuses? If so that makes trickster way less dumb than I thought.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

Mythic Qath question: Which Path doesn't allow your teammmates to die as long as someone is above 0 HP?

Azata. But they die after combat or after taking hits equal to your charisma bonus. So sending one guy into a room with all the demons isn't gonna work sadly.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Do mercenaries steal XP or something or are they basically free?

EclecticTastes posted:

Anyway, I'm surprised nobody has talked much about the Enduring Spells mythic ability. If you get both levels of it, it means a truckload of extremely useful buffs suddenly last 24 hours, or in more practical terms, functionally forever. All it needs to do is last five minutes (i.e., have its duration calculated on the "minutes per level" scale or higher). Seems like it has a lot of potential to be utterly busted (at the very least, memorizing just a single instance of each of the communal/mass buffs will give the party some great bonuses).
Does this work on spells cast from scrolls?

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
I hate whoever chose the feats for Sosiel. What's the safest way to change his medium armor specialization to heavy armor proficiency? Can you use ToyBox to do it?

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
I picked up endless rage for my barbarian. It's great and all but rage still ends after combat and I get a 1 minute fatigue debuff that I have to just stand and wait for after combat. Can I get fatigue immunity some way just so I don't have to do this after every single fight?

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
I know you can use scrolls in your inventory on the world map. But is there any way to use your own spells the same way? Also do you ever get an NPC that can cure your stuff for you?

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

cheesetriangles posted:

Yeah there is an npc in your camp/defenders heart etc.. that said they can read scrolls for you but I have no idea how this actually works. I never saw it explained anywhere.

Well when you use a beneficial scroll in your inventory the selected character gets the buff but someone else actually uses the scroll. So maybe he does it if no one in your party can. But does this NPC ever do it for free or do you always have to buy scrolls?

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Is there a good breakdown of pet mechanics somewhere? Does a paladin's or cleric's pet scale differently than a hunter's or druid's?

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Potions not triggering attacks of opportunity is a bug right? The potions as swift action mythic feat looks nice if you can just keep chugging potions in melee but I don't want to use too many bugs in case they get fixed. However I am using selective spell on duration AoEs like grease liberally even though it says it shouldn't work, because gently caress trying to figure out where the border is.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Ethiser posted:

It was pretty funny when they did a Q&A before the game was out and someone asked if there was a mythic ability that increased the power of regular armor, like the Mage Armor one, and they didn’t see why that would be necessary.

Man am I glad these developers adapted Pathfinder and didn't try to make their own system from scratch. The Archmage Armor ability by itself gives more than a suit of full plate. It's really dumb.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

JamMasterJim posted:

If you are willing to be Lawful Evil, you can make a two hander in heavy armor that casts with no failure at the cost of chapter 3 being a bit awkward.
Two Handed warrior up to level 8, 2 levels of wiz or sorcerer, go lich and merge spellbook. Then 3 levels of signifer so you can cast in armor. Rest of the levels in Eldritch Knight.
4 attacks with 16+ BAB, 21 caster level.
Calling your character Soth, focusing on necromancy and using a Dragonlance portrait are optional.
Or you can just take 1 level in monk and use your casting stat for armor instead and be tankier and move 50% faster. :negative:

I hope they make armor good in BG3. Pajama tanking is just wrong.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

JamMasterJim posted:

You get enough AC just with self buffs (you will be getting Seamantle), no need to slow down progression of everything else. Not to Mention two handing a non monk weapon and crane style does not work in Wrath at this point.

Wait what? Is crane style bugged? It says nothing about weapon requirements.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
The whole crusade system is so obtuse. I can pick a skill that gives all my units +3 saving throws which sounds decent but I have no idea what saving throws would even be used for. Also all the skill description are just the descriptions of the normal skills with the same names.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

pentyne posted:

I keep checking back in but Storyteller never acknowledges that Finnean can be upgraded. There isn't even a choice like with the other gear.

I have Finnean and he has dialogue but I don't know where he is. Can't find anything in my insanely cluttered inventory.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Azhais posted:

Finnean is, in fact, just a big ol button labeled "Finnean" in the lower right corner when you have the inventory open, next to your squad

Oh. Missed that. Thanks.

SettingSun posted:

The very first thing you see Regill do is have a bunch of infirm soldiers murdered instead of transporting/protecting them. People dislike the Hellknights because while they are a force, if YOU are in the way they will eliminate you no question.

Regill is great.

Well the real choice is between dying trying to save them or kill them. I would find anyone who let people be captured alive by literal demons to be pretty monstrous. I wouldn't personally go anywhere near the Worldwound without the fantasy equivalent to a cyanide pill.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Kobal2 posted:

Trip report : charges still get randomly eaten post patch that fixes charges getting eaten randomly.
:negative:

Charges with pounce would be so good if they worked. My charge gets eaten more often than not in turn based, even if the path looks completely clear of obstacles, friendlies and enemies.

kaleedity posted:

it's also weird that "weapon damage" isn't weapon damage but instead full damage with all bonuses except crit. Guessing Wide Sweep is hilarious too
Wide sweep is great but it only works on enemies that are right next to each other so it's not stupidly powerful.

Mercrom fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Sep 14, 2021

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

frajaq posted:

im honestly confused at these Seelah guides I see out there that are looking into "salvaging" her

https://www.neoseeker.com/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/builds/Seelah

how the gently caress changing her to Bard/Skald works? Do you just abandon the frontline/shield aspect of her and put her in mithril so her spells don't gently caress up? I'm asking because I'm gonna start playing Core and know I have to optimize things better a bit but at this point might as well hire a loving merc lol

I followed that guide and I'm playing on core. I don't think the point is to "salvage" her. I think the point is that you need a bard. The guides on that site suck because they explain none of their reasoning for their choices. But if you want a bard and don't want to hire mercs then yeah Seelah seems like the best choice.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

EclecticTastes posted:

Is there any advantage to staying in Kitsune form beyond having a bite attack? I mean, I assume the form-switching was added mostly for roleplaying purposes, anyway (that's why it's there in the tabletop version), so I'm guessing there is not.

They can take a feat to gain pounce in furry form at BAB 10. Seems kinda required for any serious attempt at a Cavalier build. The only other way to get pounce afaik is being in rage having all three Beast Totem rage powers.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
I don't think the game was designed with real time in mind either. The pathfinding in combat is really bad, with characters frequently spazzing out trying to get into melee.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

Nah it does that with everything. Sword of Heaven, Mutagens, other abilities. If it meets the duration requirements, it'll work.

It seems nice for convenience but a whole 2 mythic feats just for that is pretty steep. Even if it works with scrolls and you get the feats only on Nenio you are just saving some money. Unless the number of scrolls you can buy is limited.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
The Law/Chaos axis is so stupid. Lawfulness is fascism but somehow without lies. Chaotic is untrustworthy anarchists.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Did Kingmaker ever get any UI mods? The UI in Wrath is pretty horrendous. I have so many buffs, several of which share icons, that it's hard to see what I have. And it's crazy that completely debilitating conditions like paralyze are listed in the same place as the food buff.

It would also be nice to see the enemies AC against my attack, or the penalties I get for shooting prone targets. Or not having to scroll down a long list to see the enemies CMD. And just show the success chance when you mouse over the target so I don't have to look at all that in the first place.

Also please god let me change the vertical camera angle. I have to turn the camera constantly just to be able to click the ground behind characters.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
It's a real shame they didn't add an angry non-evil path. I wanted my barbarian to just be doom guy.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
you really dont need to overthink the d&d alignment thought process. liches are evil because they are ugly

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Is there an up to date list of spells in the game? Google just gives links to clickbait top 10 lists and Fextralife, which I'm pretty sure is just some elaborate scam. I miss when you could find things on the internet.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Zore posted:

They're comically better than in Kingmaker due to the addition of gear, feats and the fact they keep parity with your character's level and go up to level 20. They are incredibly easy to AC stack and will have the highest AC defenses in your party by default unless you go into some super min-max bullshit.

Additionally in turn-based mode friendlies can now path through each other which removes their biggest weakness (clogging up the battlefield and getting stuck).

They're really, really good. Raptors and Leopards are probably the two best for stand alone animals that you aren't planning to ride (they only go to medium so only Halflings/Gnomes can ride them) and for riding you have the always great Smilodon/Dog/Wolf

Animal companions are pretty stupid. They even resurrect after rest unlike your useless melee companions. Regill might have a terrible build but Sosiel's dog still shouldn't be able to wipe the floor with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
I'm restarting the game as an Azata sorcerer. Does the Life-Bonding Friendship share the teamwork feats with all allies, including summons? Also can you heal "dead" party members with normal heals or only resurrection spells?