Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Is the DLC worth getting on this?

Are there any "recommended" classes or builds for a first playthrough?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Vargs posted:

I'm playing a monk 1/sword saint 16 tank build right now and even on hard difficulty I am almost unhittable, especially with mirror image and displacement. Pretty good damage too, especially now with the scimitar that calls lightning on crit after getting all of the crit feats. There have definitely been times where the rest of my party ate poo poo but my main character could solo the rest of the encounter with trivial ease.

Initially I was planning on taking duelist levels but the extra AC just doesn't seem necessary. Currently at 58 completely unbuffed. I'd rather have my defensive spells and arcane enhancement last longer, if only because it's convenient. I don't actually use any of the spells over rank 3 though.

that ineffect guy suggested a similar build (with a dip into vivisectionist). maybe I'll try that. or a pet class. having a bear friend really seems like the best way to play any game...

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
sword saint start is pretty slow

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I'm developing a very masochistic relationship with this game. It's the most Baldurs Gate game I've played since 2 and is a lot of fun that way. But the amount of boring loving grinding bullshit is really unbelievable.

Every goddamn enemy drains your stats or levels or permanently blinds you or whatever.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I quit at about what I guess is half way through when Tristian was required to right click down a stat draining opponent that no one else or summons can help him with. I'm sure I could glitch it or just let him die or whatever but I honestly just dont care enough.

First 2 acts were pretty fun

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I'm sure it's been asked a lot but sorry it's a big thread and moves fast.

Is there a post or advice for someone starting this after Kingmaker? I saw somewhere it can cause your GPU to run hot if you don't throttle frames. Also that apparently theres some bugged kingdom choices that can gently caress up your armies? Stuff like that would be nice to know, if there's any clear trap / bad decisions from the outset, things to invest in Early, etc

I like Pathfinder but sinking a bunch of time in to run up against a wall is not great. Looking at that one encounter in particular from Kingmaker where you have to pick a companion to fight for you without being told that's what's going on...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Node posted:

I'm not sure how I get Bag of Tricks working for Kingmaker. I installed the Unity Mod Manager, I installed Bag of Tricks into it, I loaded up the game, and ctrl-f10 just brings up a blank UMM menu.

What am I missing? The logs and settings tabs have stuff in them, but nothing helpful.

You have to manually copy the bag of tricks mod from its zip folder to the mod folder in Kingmaker and then click install in the mod manager. I'm not sure it's supposed to work that way but that's what I had to do to get it to work