Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The whole kingdom building thing seems really cool and what drew me to the game from pre-release info

But I have to get through my backlog and poo poo and lack of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Do any of the magic classes in this game (or Pathfinder in general) not use Vancian Magic? Something along the lines of the PoE Cipher?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Kalas posted:

Kinetcists can nuke all day long. They are sorta like Avatar:TLA Benders.

Sorcerers have known spells, but can freely cast whatever spells they know as long as they have castings of those spell levels per day.

I guess I was referring to the "X spells / rest" mechanic of Vance Magic. I hate that so much

Kinetcists sound cool the

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

CaptainPsyko posted:

So, I understand why people dislike the memorization element of vance magic, wherein, you have your x spells/rest and you have to pick them when you rest, and sucks to be you if you chose the wrong ones or cast the only one of the one you need earlier in the day.

But, this is a problem that the 'spontaneous' casters (i.e. Sorcerers, Bards, Inquisitors, Oracles), solve, because you have your whole repertoire available, but you still have limited slots.

The main alternative to this, is usually some sort of Mana system, but... mana is just spell slots by a different name really. You still only get a fixed number per rest. It's just abstracted out into a point system.

Unless you just hate having a class with a resource management mechanic at all, in which case, just play a fighter or a rogue I guess?

If I'm Sorc or w/e, I know 5 lv 1 spells and cast any of them as I please, but I still only get to use 3 lv 1 spells a day. Which I find to be kinda lame

I just gone done playing a Cipher in PoE and a cipher's MP resets at the end of every fight. So there's no risk in using running out of higher end spells as they come back for the next encounter. So I was asking if there's a class like that in PF

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

So what's with the Gold Dragon path? It's on the website and all, but not in the Beta given lack of info?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Ready to roll my Kitsune Azata Inquisitor of Cayden Cailean

Gonna save the world via Friendship, Pranks, and Beer

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Kobal2 posted:

I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out what an Inquisitor of Cailean would even *do*.

- Oi ! You ! Yes, you. Hand over that mug. *sniff, sniff* Is that APPLE JUICE ? Right, you're coming with me. Don't resist or I'll smite you proper. I've got Dwarven Bitter in my saddlebags, and we're doing this.
- But sir, it's like 8 in the morning...
- Dwarven. Bitter. You are going to be merry, and you are going to be merry NOW. Have I made myself clear ?!

Listen up maggot, you are going to chug this beer barrel and you are going to like it. Vomit and die

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Have to go with Azata first, because Dragon Friend

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

What classes allow you to use a pet as a mount? Chevalier and ???

I need an Aivu mount

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Zore posted:

You can also do it through feats but

1) The feats don't let you mount as well as a cavalier
2) Mounting kind of sucks. Made even worse by the fact lances aren't in the game for that sweet 4x damage on charge.

Right now its mechanically more optimal to use your Cavalier mount as a regular animal companion lol

This might be true and all, but riding into battle on top of a dragon is insanely cool :colbert:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

WotR has inspired me to finally get around to installing Kingmaker

How balanced is the game for turn-based since it was originally designed for RTwP? Do fights becomes substantially long in turn based?

What's the most OP class I can make in order to zip through things quicker? Some sort of caster class?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

In Kingmaker, I finished character creation only to loop back to the start screen

I assume that's a mods fault?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I'm pretty sure I am going to roll a Sylvan Sorc, but I cannot figure out why that build calls for 18 DEX

I'm not gonna be partaking in melee combat, but 18 DEX seems like a bit much for a dodge tank

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

In Kingmaker, is it worth the effort to get the secret ending

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Nephthys posted:

Kind of. Don't feel you have to gun for the 'best' ending, especially if you were planning on romancing someone. It is worth it to at least do enough to unlock the real final chapter though.

I was planning on the DLC romance, but I think you need to unlock the final chapter for that as well

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Lore Q: what's the difference between Demon and Devil

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Did Kingmaker get a stealth update? Right now its trying to forcibly update something, but it fails because of a Disk Write Error and I have no idea how to cancel the update. Its stuck in a loop

Each time I try to start, it goes through the bricked u[date cycle

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Pretty sure I'm gonna go Bloodrager or Skald. How important is is to have Bard-ish abilities?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Sloober posted:

can't believe they figured out the true alignment predilection of the lady that yells about bathing in blood and various other extremely detailed bloodthirsty phrases

blood for the blood god

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

For Primalist Bloodrager: If I pick up a second bloodline and swap bloodline powers for rage powers, are both bloodlines affected or only the initial bloodline?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Can any character ride Aivu or just the MC?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Do Animal Companions scales off class level or character level? If I take a 1 level dip of a companion class, will the animal continue to level or get stuck at lv 1?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

If you have multiple animal companions in the party, how crowded does the screen get and how annoying is it to control that many more characters?

Thinking of doing a gimmick Hunter-Azata Friendship build where all the party members somehow obtain animal companions. So 6 party chars + 6 companions + Aivu = big hot mess. And with Life Bonding Friendship, everyone gets the Hunters teamwork feats.

We shall beat the demons with the powers of big fluffy animals. Onward to friendship

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

For people with the tabletop tweaks mod, can you pick more than one archetype if they stack?

Say Primalist and any other Bloodrager archtype

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

If you do go Swarm, what mythic path feeds into it best for the first 4 chapters

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Got my swarm gimmick build ready to go, ignore the high wisdom

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Dec 11, 2021

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

What classes get access to Teamwork Feats by default? I know Hunter and Inquisitor do, but are there any subclasses/archetypes as well?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Regil works so much because he's a gnome

If he was a human or dwarf with that kind of stchick, eh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Are any of the new archetypes in the latest DLC worth anything?