Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Alright, so I'm thinking of going back in. My big question is, do enemies still have wildly overtuned stats even in the Enhanced Edition? Normally I play on "core rules", which seems supposed to be the "Challenging" difficulty but if they still have something dumb like 90 Strength and whatnot I'd just start on Normal or lower.

e: Also is Sneak Attack still hilariously broken

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jun 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

Is this a confirmed bug? I wanted to finally try this game, but if things like this are still in it I think I'll wait a bit longer.

:sigh: :same:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I lost momentum with Kingmaker and never really found the time or motivation to pick it back up, but I'm still excited about this one. I think a major cause of why I dropped Kingmaker was the shaky launch, so hopefully this next one will go more smoothly.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Sounds like the usual whining sacks championing "purity" in their games to give their uneventful life a semblance of meaning

e: yep

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I've only read up a little on Mythic paths but my first thought is there's no way any of them can beat 20 extra levels in a different class, in terms of gameplay.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I'm rolling a Bloodrager but haven't decided if it's gonna be Angel or Azata yet. Probably Angel, since it sounds a lot more metal.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

CottonWolf posted:

Is good demon possible? That would be the most metal. Shackle the beast and tear your foes down in your rage.

I actually did consider that first, especially since Demon seems to synergize more with melee. :v: But good Demon isn't possible apparently since they'll eventually force your alignment to be at least adjacent to the path's.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Can I get a mod that speeds up all voice acting by 1.5x please

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Anyone else has an issue where your armor doesn't show on your characters? I've tried toggling "Show Class Equipment" and restarting the game, but nothing works.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Holy poo poo these shadow demons can gently caress off

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

Protip: They are not immune to Slumber

:psyduck:

Thanks for that

e: no wait they are immune

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Sep 3, 2021

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

So I just finished the Defender's Heart battle

Grease really is busted, huh.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

There's also supposedly a mace that turns healing spells into damage in Act 4 if you wanna be fancy

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Say I pick Close to the Abyss on Mythic Level 1, but then I pick Angel as my Path on level 3. Do I keep the demon summon ability from level 2, or does it change into the Angel summons?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Man they really didn't update Sosiel's starting feats huh :(

I suppose it sorta fits with his whole deal being an inexperienced cleric volunteering for the crusade though

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I think I'm on the day the tavern attack will happen. I have just enough to buy this, as a Falcata using Sword Saint. Will I be able to buy it after the tavern fight?

Yeah, the tavern attack doesn't end the chapter. The attack on Gray Garrison does, though, so buy what you want before the shop changes.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

So the act 2 quartermaster sells a scythe that says "deal weapon damage to all adjacent enemies on each hit" and uh

It's really, really busted.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Vargs posted:

What has everyone else been doing with their party multiclasses? I made Seelah a Deliverer immediately, going with a shield bash build. She's Lawful Good so it seemed like a decent choice. Very sturdy, solid damage. Much prefer it over the base Paladin, and I can dip another level back in there later for the saves if I want to.

For Camellia I took 1 additional level in Spirit Hunter for Iceplant, which with the ring you can buy in act 1 gives her +4 AC that seems to stack with everything, including barkskin or AC amulets. From there I've been going Divine Hound. Pretty similar class, really. Hurts her spellcasting quite a bit since she spent 2 levels in Spirit Hunter and Divine Hound has worse spell progression by default, but you get the pet which is so nice, and judgements are fantastic with the mythic feat to make them infinite. Free teamwork feats for her and the pet, too. With a very flank-reliant party I feel that it was worth it. The extra body in melee really helps.

I'm making Lann a Zen Archer 3/Sanctified Slayer X, so he can use Seize the Moment by himself and put his prebuilt Combat Reflexes to good use. Nenio's gonna be an Arcane Trickster eventually. In less exciting news, Woljif is an Eldritch Scoundrel 4/Vivisectionist X :v:

The rest of them I'm largely keeping in their original classes though I'm doing dips here and there; gonna splash Camellia into Instinctual Warrior for Wis to AC for example.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

EclecticTastes posted:

Hey, so, if you picked Inspirational Leader as a Mythic Ability, never cast Dispel Magic on that character, because it will be dispelled. That said I'm not sure if the ability even functions to begin with (no special icons are shown to indicate its effect).

:wtc:

Anyway I'm kinda sure it works because if you go to the character sheet and mouse over the initiative stat, it'll show the bonus from Inspirational Leader, fwiw

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I ended up killing Kaylessa on the second encounter with her because the game won't give me the sensible option of capturing and interrogating her, but releasing her also seemed stupid from my character's perspective when she already admitted to wanting to murder someone in your camp. Hopefully this won't have any repercussions, but she's apparently part of a backer quest so it might be a good idea not to bother with it anyway.

That's a nice Composite Longbow +3 she had, though :getin:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

EclecticTastes posted:

I'm glad to see that everyone is pretty much agreed that Nenio is a zero-dimensional trash character who might have been interesting in something like Planescape:Torment where "obsession to the point of self-parody" could be an interesting jumping-off point for character development but here it's just twee anime bullshit.

Honestly I don't hate Nenio's character on paper, I think she even has her moments sometimes, but most of the stuff she says just sound like a pile of "scientific" buzzwords that aren't even insightful most of the time. She really suffers from the usual writer pitfall of trying way too hard to write "intelligent" characters that they sound dumb instead.

The biggest problem about her for me though is that because her character is written to be entirely self-interested, she barely ever feels like she's connected to the events and themes of the story, and she doesn't bounce off other companions well at all. Even Woljif or Daeran, self-motivated as they are, express opinions about the crusade from time to time, she literally doesn't care about the game's actual conflict.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Vargs posted:

I like Camellia as a character concept. I don't think they executed it well at all, unfortunately. It's just too blatant and she has no personality and nothing of interest going on outside of telling you that she's a nightmare murderer in an absurdly over the top wink-wink-nudge-nudge sort of way, at all times. Like yeah, ok, I get it. And I guess she also throws out really weak insults towards your party members. I don't even remember why she's with me or what her goals are, which I can't say for anyone else. She certainly never brings it up, instead opting for yet another line where she insinuates that she likes killing people.

A version of Camellia where she's written to feel more like an actual believable human being, except with something a little off in a subtle psychopath sort of way that only comes up rarely? That culminates in an actual reveal? That could have been pretty cool, I think.

I kinda wish they revealed a little of whatever her deal is in the initial Gwerm mansion quest, to at least hook you in a bit with regards to her character. I'm still mid-Chapter 2, so the game hasn't properly revealed what it is she's hiding, but she's been a total non-character up to this point that I'm not sure I care about it anymore. Doesn't help that she doesn't do much early on gameplay-wise aside from being a buffbot with weak melee; I barely remember she exists a lot of the time.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Fat Samurai posted:

Lann, why do you have Combat Reflexes? Do you want to be a melee archer, you anime boy?

Anyway, after getting to the tavern, what are my priorities? Does the tavern fight end the chapter, or can I clean stuff afterwards?

The Snap Shot/Improved/Greater feat line allows you to make ranged AoOs from 5/10/15 feet, and the last one also gives some attack bonuses. They're pretty much railroading you into taking those on him (it's a good feat line anyway though)

Tavern fight doesn't end the chapter but it does make some stuff permanently missable. You should recruit Ember/Woljif, rescue the Desna priest in the market, and rescue some crusaders in the library before the tavern fight or else they're all dead. The enemy encounter in Tower of Estrod also changes.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Sep 10, 2021

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

The artifact is kinda bugged and you need to reequip it every time you enter a new area to take effect; it's strong but also honestly really troublesome

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

WrightOfWay posted:

You can just click the icon in the belt menu (or put it on your hotbar) to reactivate it. It's definitely annoying, but it frees up a bunch of spell slots for your cleric that they can spend on more stat boost spells.

Why didn't I think of this before? Thanks for this.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Holy poo poo Lost Chapel is long

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen this weapon in the game? Someone posted it months ago in the official discord during the beta period, though it was unimplemented then. I can't find it in Toybox at the moment either, so it might have been cut out of the game, but I'm just curious if I missed something and it actually still exists. Thinking of building Daeran around this thing if it does.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Agnostalgia posted:

Man, Legend is kind of crazy! I guess I had understood that you get twice as many class features, feats, etc., but I didn't account for the fact that you're also picking up about twice as many HP, BAB, and base saves. The rest of my party has been reduced to applying buffs and providing moral support. The lost mythic abilities barely matter.

Legend seriously allows you to get +40 BAB??? That's completely ridiculous

By the way I've heard that Legend is considered to be Mythic Level 3 for calculating Leading Strikes and such, is that true?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Man if they wanted to push Sosiel towards melee combat why can't they at least give Sosiel Weapon Focus: Glaive, that would even have some RP value. And/or Power Attack, ideally, he already has 16 STR anyway.

It sucks cause he more or less wasted 4 feats (I get why Selective and Extra Channel need to be there though) and it makes it really tough to do anything interesting with his build

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Decided to restart my game and made some changes to my companions' builds in the process, and now I realize I've been building Camellia totally wrong. Dipped 1 level of Fighter at 3 for Weapon Focus > Fencing Grace (which also gives her enough BAB to take Outflank at 5), gave her the Iceplant ring, and now she's about as tanky as Seelah while also having buff spells and being able to spam Evil Eye. She definitely feels a lot more impressive now.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Out of curiosity what is Trever's default build? I know his multiclass is a jumbled mess but depending on his feat choices he looks like he could be salvageable as a Vital Strike user or something

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I hope Rich is okay

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Is there a mod that allows me to put all my ingredients and reagents in one bag or something? They make up like 80% of my inventory clutter and it's starting to get annoying.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Elemental Barrage is good for her because if you enchant your weapon with multiple elements it procs off itself in a single hit. You probably want Mythic Weapon Finesse if you're not taking Fencing/Slashing Grace (like if you're dual wielding) so her weapon damage isn't awful. Besides that the usual martial Mythic Feats like Flawless Attacks and Ever Ready are good, and she probably also wants some of the Abundant/Enduring line.

I'm personally going for Second Spirit: Wind to pick up Air Barrier (Shaman's version of Archmage Armor, basically) since I'm building her to be a tanky frontliner.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Missed the Regill talk, but it's worth noting that the Destructive Shockwave mythic feat, which turns any missed attack into damage equal to your STR modifier, works with Smites. Normally Destructive Shockwave is awful because the damage is reduced by DR, so you end up doing 0 damage per hit anyway. But since Smite bypasses any DR and also adds Regill's HK level as damage per Destructive Shockwave hit, it properly works as a damage floor, which is great when enemy AC can get horribly bloated (plus Regill makes lots of attacks with TWF). Combined with Pentamic Faith giving Regill access to Impossible Domains (Madness is pretty good for a melee character, Liberation is great for general support), I think going 10 levels of Hellknight isn't as bad as it looks.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Sep 14, 2021

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Earlier in this thread I read that Chapter 5... removes most of your crusade army and replaces them with path-specific units? Is that true, and does it affect all unit types? I just wanna know if I shouldn't be spending gold on resources buying these Clerics/Hellknights now, if they're gonna be wiped out to 0 later regardless.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Man, the shortcut UI system is really annoying because it maps to spell slots and not to the spells themselves. It's kinda dumb.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Mister Olympus posted:

it's also a significant problem with the owlcat interpretations of pathfinder, really, with arbitrary numbers scaling requiring stuff like monk dips on everyone who's lawful

Also, now we have Archmage Armor, which gives the same AC as a full plate +5 at max rank, while there are no equivalent mythic feats to improve actual armors. :thumbsup:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

He has a special Fighter's Finesse feat that allows him to treat it as a Dex weapon (normally it's a Fighter Advanced Weapon Training feature, but he took it as a normal feat illegally)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Calico Heart posted:

So the uh, “defend the tavern” mission is, uh... its one of the worst missions ever put into a released game, right?

I’m on round 36 and enemies keep coming. What the ever loving gently caress is this?

It's probably better in RTWP, it's stupidly tedious in turn based mode (that's how I did the mission too). Turn on 3x animation speed if you haven't already.

Gyoru posted:

Chapter 6: --Galfrey--

:eyepop: