Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Some information about the sequel that also has a few pretty screenshots.

Kickstarter campaign starts on February 4th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

Lord Koth posted:

Reminder that the Kickstarter for WotR starts tomorrow, and Owlcat will be doing a livestream to give more information about it.

This is exciting, but I will say I'm slightly concerned at the same time. Not due to bugs, since with it being the same engine and Owlcat having experience now that aspect should hopefully be much reduced, but rather due to the Paladin/LG-centric nature of the campaign. Sure you don't have to go that route, but thematically it really leans in that direction, and Owlcat did a loving terrible job with LG in general, and Paladins in particular, in Kingmaker. Like, there's a reason more than a few people have commented that the group of them in Valerie's companion quest are realistically like a hair's-breadth from falling (if not already), and the LG options in general seem to lean far too much in a genocidal/ruthless direction.

I'll be there for it. I love me a good cRPG crowdfunding campaign. A really stupid part of me is kinda sad we'll probably never see one again from Larian or Obsidian.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I enjoyed making an item for the Deadfire campaign so I’ll hop into the same tier this time around. Luckily these things always happen to launch right when I have some yearly bonus money that I can burn on frivolous poo poo like this.

Anno
May 10, 2017

The Crotch posted:

90% of the people who made items for Deadfire all picked the same two fuckin' item types so now I'm worried.

I’m absolutely guilty of this in Deadfire, though in my defense it was inspired by an item from my first ever D&D campaign that just happened to be a sword (because swords are cool). Keeping it more in mind here, especially with how erratic weapon progression could be in the first game for some of the types.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Dismemberment looks right to me. I don’t really like the current gibs so I like that goal. And it looks like $615k? So maybe not even a big stretch.

No idea how mounted combat will work out, probably kinda janky, but it’s gonna be hilarious so I’m still pretty excited.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Ya'll better vote skaven

Anno
May 10, 2017

Lizard-elf guy looks pretty cool imo

Anno
May 10, 2017

chaosapiant posted:

Holy poo poo awesome! Any word on that turn-based mode coming to PC as an official thing?

This IGN article says that it's coming to PC on the day of the console launch.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Are there any cool bard builds/multi-classes that wouldn’t overlap too much with having Linzi in my party? I almost always play bard classes but I also like having her around.

Anno
May 10, 2017

There’s a beta starting today for the turn-based patch.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Nice to see they'll have TB mode enabled for beta. That makes me way more likely to play a lot of it.

Anno
May 10, 2017

They finally put up a public Steam page for people who want to wishlist: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1184370/Pathfinder_Wrath_of_the_Righteous/

Still says Summer 2021, so no delays yet.

Anno
May 10, 2017

So is there just effectively unlimited Pathfinder content for them to adapt? I’m always kind of shocked when I see again just how much is in the base game, and then mods add in like that much again.

Anno
May 10, 2017

To my knowledge they haven’t yet deviated from “summer”. The next beta update in early May apparently contains the shipping UI, so I guess things are progressing.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Is there any indication that I can go from Azata to Gold Dragon but still keep my dragon companion? Being a cool big dragon with a smaller dragon friend would be ideal.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Beta update is out.

Patch notes:

quote:

New content:
Dinosaurs!
New quests, created together with our backers
New character models, including some of the companions
New weather effects
New models in the crusade
Improved UI
Partial voice-over in prologue and chapters 1-3
New music tracks
More portraits for the playable characters
Daeran’s romance
Finnean the talking weapon
Dismemberment mechanics
New prestige classes: Loremaster and Winter Witch
New racial archetypes:
Phantasmal Mage (Gnome) - Arcanist,
Reformed Fiend (Tiefling) - Bloodrager,
Spell Dancer (Elf) - Magus,
Student of Stone (Oread) - Monk,
Purifier (Aasimar) - Oracle,
Wildland Shaman (Half-Orc) - Shaman,
Imitator (Human) - Slayer,
Nine-Tailed Heir (Kitsune) - Sorcerer.

Fixes:
Zones

Fixed various issues with the first cutscene in the prologue
Fixed missing textures in Alushinyrra Higher City in Act 4
Fixed missing textures in The Ivory Labyrinth in Act 3 during Demon Mythic Path questline
In Leper's Smile under some conditions your morale could drop to -100, if you took the wrong turn. This is no longer an issue.
Auto saves before the flashbacks used to be broken. We fixed the issue, however if you encounter autosave errors in other places, please report them via Alt+B. We recommend creating a manual save from time to time just in case.
Finishing the battle with Minagho in the Grey Garrison at the end of the chapter in turn-based mode no longer blocks you from progressing

Companions

Fixed various bugs that blocked progressing the romances
Wenduag could become unkillable due to the Last Stand mythic power - fixed
Sometimes you could learn more than you bargained for about Nenio when the time wasn’t right - fixed
Daeran could run out of revelations - fixed
Fixed various issues with Alueshalae’s quests

UI

Fixed the issue where loot wouldn’t appear in the loot window
You can no longer choose an archetype from another class during character creation
You can now rest in the prologue without an issue
Using metamagic should no longer break your spellbook
Merging spellbooks should no longer remove your spells after you reach 21 caster level

Visual

On entering a new zone objects shouldn’t flicker anymore
Added animations for riding the mounts.

TBM

Characters now can pass through the doors during TBM.

Sound

Fixed issue where music abruptly stopped (except character creation)
Fixed repeated noise from sweeping the floors

Misc

Fixed the issue where your companions sometimes didn’t lose corruption in safe places
Fixed the issue where merging armies caused the game to freeze
Animal companions no longer stay dead after battle
Sometimes certain area effects, like grease, could stay on forever - fixed
Mounted character with distant weapon will no longer approach the enemy to attack
Wolf animal companion is no longer

Known issues:

quote:

Below is the list of issues we are already aware of and working on fixing.
IMPORTANT: Your saves from the previous version won’t work with this one! You will need to start a new game!
Zones

In Midnight Fane doors or walls might be opened, but you can’t pass through them. Fix: save and load or load an earlier save (before Midnight Fane).
In Midnight Fane the first cutscene might not play. Fix: load an earlier save (before Midnight Fane)
Sometimes you are locked from leaving the zone. Fix: try a different spot, if that doesn’t work - save/load.
Sometimes in chapter 4 when transitioning between the island you may end up underground (save before the transition)
UI

FPS drops when tooltips appear on the screen
Occasionally character models can break in UI when you level up Mythic Path
Text is missing in some dialogues.
Some texts are in Russian
Characters sometimes briefly assume T-pose when you open inventory or equip something
Load Premade Build option doesn’t work for several new races (Kitsune, Oread, Dhampir) and classes (Bloodranger, Witch, Oracle...).
Changing Auto Level Up value to All Possible in options may not provide auto level ups for your main character. For that option use Load Premade Build button or pre-generated characters.
When leveling up your animal companion, you will see human classes as well, even though you won’t be able to select them
Sometimes you can select a deity for your animal companion
Some animal companions may not have correct portraits and turntable models in level up menu.
When selecting a mythic path, you may see the Legend option, but you shouldn’t choose it.
In Russian version the fonts are not final
In tooltips you can sometimes see “unknown key”
If you change the party composition, the roles on rest will reset
The interface where you need to put an item from your inventory into a slot in various puzzles doesn’t support drag and drop. Please click on the item you want to put into the slot.
Tooltips sometimes get stuck on screen during dialogues
The portrait of a tiefling with a crossbow is still work in progress
Global Map

To skip random encounters on the Global Map, during the rest you have to assign a character to Camp Camouflage
To find hidden locations on the Global map, during the rest you have to assign a character to Camp Defense
Skip Day button can sometimes disappear.
Visual

Shadows can flicker and jump all over the place
FXAA removes highlights from objects in the game when you press TAB. You can turn FXAA off in Settings -> Graphics -> Anti-aliasing
Level up

Re-specing your character will block the ability to gain mythic levels back!
Your feat choice blocks you from picking the same feat from another source even if you choose another one. Fix: level up.
TBM

Character’s turn might freeze. Fix: turn TBM off and on.
If you finish the battle with Minagho in the Grey Garrison at the end of the chapter in TBM you won’t be able to proceed.
Results of attack rolls are displayed incorrectly above the character. You’ll need to check the log to see the right numbers.
Crusade

Prediction tooltips in tactical combat (the ones that show the amount of damage and deaths to the enemy) shows wrong numbers most of the time.
Some tactical combat scenes are lit with bright cyan and magenta colors.
General’s level up window contains several [unknown key] strings.
Some very weak enemy squads can move and attack while you stand still on global map.
Kingdom mode

Projects and Events cards have temporary art.
In city builder some phrases are out of their fields.
In city builder some fonts have inaccurate sizes.
AI

If you enable auto cast of cantrips, and disable AI, the character will continue to auto cast that cantrip
Misc

You no longer need resting supplies, but you may still find them. Throw them away or sell them. Don’t take them with you, because they are extremely heavy.
Dead companions will break their own quests and, most likely, the quest of another companion if you trigger any related events.
Animations for certain weapons the character holds with both hands, like gnome hooked hammers, orc double axes, or staves, can sometimes freeze, and the characters will stop attacking.
Pre-generated rogue character doesn’t work. Workaround: make a rogue character from scratch.
During the prologue you may knock Wenduag out so hard that you will need to camp to make her wake up.
One more thing - regarding the mods.
Even though Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is still in beta and incomplete, there are already some mods out there. If you use mods, please don’t send bug reports from the modded game, or if you do send them, don’t forget to mention what mods did you use or what did you change, if you edited your save, for example. We respect our modding community, but at this moment our priority is to ensure our game works well without any modifications.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Oh god the character UI now shows additions/subtractions when viewing archetypes thank Christ.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Yeah there has to be some (more) editorial on Owlcat’s side. When I did the create a weapon tier for Deadfire I provided stuff like the name, a lore snippet (which they entirely rewrote lol), an art reference and some ideas for what the weapon could do. Then they used that to make it into something that I think fit into the word just fine.

I’m sure it’s a bit harder to make a whole quest and NPCs work though.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Just want to say I’ve really been enjoying this thread the past however many weeks of the continuing adventures of girl dick energy and everyone else who’s starting a run. It’s reminded me just how absurd the first game was.

Speaking of, where can they go after WotR? Are there more mythic campaigns? It’s going to be pretty hard coming down from that to “normal” end-game. Or do they just try to shoe horn it in now that so much hard work has been done?

Anno
May 10, 2017

I Kickstarted it for, uh, $194 because big cRPG crowd funding campaigns are the bane of my wallet :v: I love these dumb, ridiculous, overly ambitious games though and idk that we get many of them without crowdfunding.

I spent like $1000 on Deadfire so I guess it could be worse.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Beta 2 (and even 1 really) were polished enough that I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt in fixing up whatever happened in 3 by release. My guess is that it comes out in just a normal-for-a-cRPG level of bugginess rather than Kingmaker’s launch. Still plenty of reason to wait for a few patches, but playing the game when it’s kinda wonky and even more unbalanced at launch is fun in its own way of the crashing isn’t too bad and the underlying content is good (which, thankfully, it is).

Anno
May 10, 2017

Yeah the console port still seems like a mess.

Speaking of, new beta patch is up.

quote:

Quests

When persuading Lann to lead the mongrels, a speaker was displayed incorrectly - fixed.
After meeting the messenger from the Queen in the Warcamp, it was impossible to find the Queen herself - fixed.

Areas

During the siege of Drezen, you couldn’t commence the assault on the final gates - fixed.
Some random encounters caused the game to crash - fixed.
In Midnight Fane one set of stairs was inaccessible - fixed.

Turn-based mode

the game would sometimes freeze in turn-based mode - fixed.
Loading a save after a turn-based battle could make some parts of the map inaccessible - fixed.

Crusade

Some units couldn’t move in the crusade tactical battles or got stuck - fixed.
Some units could occupy the same space in tactical combat, making it hard to target - fixed.
You could receive rank-ups before the requirements for them were met - fixed.

Classes & Mechanics

Encyclopedia links didn't work in character creation - fixed.
Mythic ability Rupture Restraints could be used indefinitely - fixed.
The description of Mythic Demon’s Aspect of Vrolikai didn’t specify that to apply negative levels you need to rage - fixed.
Mythic Demon’s Aspect of Vavakia could deal damage to all enemies within 50 feet multiple times during the round - fixed.
Mythic Demon’s Aspect of Vrock didn’t give the enemies a penalty to reflex saves - fixed.
Mythic Ability Everlasting Judgement didn’t give the Inquisitors the ability to use Judgements any number of times per day - fixed.
Some enemies wrongly worshipped Abadar - now they no longer do.
Elemental Witch’s Elemental Ray damaged the Witch - fixed.
Mythic Trickster’s Ray of Halberds had too many halberds in it - fixed.
Mythic feat Sorcerous Reflex didn’t work in turn-based mode - fixed.
Halflings didn’t benefit from the Hasty trait - fixed.
Sometimes your character could lose their mythic levels, which led to inability to proceed in Drezen and complete chapter 2 - fixed.
Cleaving Shot wasn’t dealing damage to enemies within 10 feet - fixed.
Flames of the Abyss empowered the wrong number of attacks - fixed.
Daeran couldn’t ride a mount - fixed.
Mythic Demon’s Death-Stealing Gaze didn’t give negative levels - fixed.
A lot of enemies had an Accomplished Sneak Attacker feat - fixed.
Mythic Lich’s Weapon of Death didn’t give a penalty to caster level to overcome spell resistance - fixed.
Mythic Lich’s Decaying Touch didn’t deal unholy damage and ability damage to strength - fixed.

Misс
Issues with various animations - fixed.
Minotaurs’ axes were hanging in the air - fixed.
When reporting a bug, the default context was always Crusade, which was incorrect - fixed.
Sometimes characters would lose their materials for a second and would appear white - fixed.
Fixed issues with scaling of cloaks.
Fixed cloaks on rangers, rogues, and inquisitors.
The ability to change body types was previously disabled in character creation - fixed.
Fixed tiefling tails.
Clothes and armour could change colour to gray - fixed.
Some capes weren’t coloured - fixed.
After loading a save, abilities would disappear from the quick bar - fixed.

A friendly reminder: Even though Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is still in beta and incomplete, there are already some mods out there. If you use mods, please don’t send bug reports from the modded game, or if you do send them, don’t forget to mention what mods you used or what did you change, if you edited your save, for example. We respect our modding community, but at this moment our priority is to ensure our game works well without any modifications.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Anyone have a quick tl;dr for Oracle? Or at least one that’s a step beyond “sorcerer : wizard :: oracle : cleric”. Unless that’s really that much of the takeaway!

Anno
May 10, 2017

Ok then! I’ll probably be boring and go Angel my first play through and at first blush this just sounds more interesting than cleric.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Any recommendations for YouTube/Twitch people who do build guides? Preferably for Wrath, and the longer/more spergy the better. Got at least a day of incredibly boring testing at work and would love it on the other screen.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I hadn’t played any of the WotR beta since mid-beta 1. Sat down today and lost about six hours in no time at all. It’s still kinda jank, and I still can’t entirely understand turn-based mode fully, but it was a lot of fun. All the added voice acting has helped me get into the companions a bit more, though I don’t think they’re as strong out of the gate as Kingmaker.

Anno
May 10, 2017

pentyne posted:

I think there's a strong vibe that some companions are gonna ditch you based on your MP choice, which could be fairly early in the game.

I never liked how for KM you can just start up a convo and explore literally every dialogue option for their banter in about 10 minutes and then never need to talk to them again. I hope WotR is a bit more reactive in them either staggering out the conversations or letting it trigger with an icon to denote they have new dialogue lines to read.

Yeah I'm not really complaining. I just really liked Linzi and Amiri I guess and except for kinda Seelah there isn't that big personality early on here.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I think it'll depend on the narrative framing more than anything. If it's just "do this quest/task and now you can switch" then that seems bad, but if they work that transformation into the story then I think it'd be really cool.

Anno
May 10, 2017

This is the first time I've used Lann much - is he supposed to be an unmitigated terror on the battlefield? I wouldn't be surprised if through level 5 he's dealt more damage than my entire party x 1.5, maybe 2. He's just a turret that hits twice almost every round for 10-15 and occasionally crits for 45. He 1-rounded the minotaur at the siege of the tavern.

Anno
May 10, 2017

The Lich lifetap weapon augment spell seems pretty solid for melee classes, too. I think it’s 1d6+mythic rank or 1d6+CL damage/heal per blow you land?

I want to try running a dual-wield death knight type at some point using Lich. It’d be sweet to do it as sorcerer because a robed sword wielder is cool imo but I’m not sure how best to do that build wise since the TWF feats take so much dex.

Anno fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Aug 9, 2021

Anno
May 10, 2017

I really like the Witch. I suspect their spell list is probably sub-par compared to wiz/sorc, but they have cool versatility and it’s nice to have stuff like Slumber and Evil Eye around to cast every round without burning slots.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Some gameplay showed up today in a Gamepass sizzle reel but without an accompanying announcement. Xbox tweeted this out, which reads very much like “we don’t quite have the contract done yet” or something.

https://twitter.com/ID_Xbox/status/1425165255160655872

Anno
May 10, 2017

Kobal2 posted:

That being said I purposefully didn't take Slumber during that campaign because that poo poo is completely bananas. At will multitarget save-or-die ?! Mwoookay, then.

As in its multi-target in PnP? From what I can tell it’s single-target in game currently. Unless it changes later. It’s very useful though since it doesn’t have Sleep’s HD requirement.

CottonWolf posted:

And it’s gone. What did it say?

It just said something like “sorry, the game isn’t *currently* coming to Gamepass”. I think they deleted it because they misspelled the name of the game lol

Anno
May 10, 2017

I got what I thought was just a flavor option for worshiping Abadar early on in Kenabres and instead it gave my entire party a basass buff for an hour. They’ve done a good job of upping that kind of flavor stuff so far.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I don't think it's unusual for a beta version to be significantly behind whatever the internal working version is. Not to mention it's cut up in weird ways that surely lead to more bugs.

The recent Halo multiplayer flight was a build from like 2 months prior.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Are glaives bad as a base weapon? The one you get at the end of the first dungeon seems really strong to me early on.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I finally played up to the end of the first act rather than just reroll and tinker with builds. I think this game’s gonna be good.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Keys are now available for Kickstarter backers - https://wrath.owlcatgames.com/

Also there's a pre-load available on Steam.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Personally I’d love any advice on making a shield-bashing character. It seems probably bad, but I really like the concept. It just sounds hard to fit all the feats, str and dex into anything that can’t take TWF feats without the dex reqs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

Thanks all. One last question - the Shieldbearer Warpriest seems to treat their shield as their sacred weapon, meaning it presumably ends up way more damaging than for any other class? They get enough bonus feats that it seems that might be another way to go?