Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
In fairness "Booo we only got to use our level 20 abilities for like an hour!!is pretty accurate to the tabletop lol. Speaking as a long-time DM trying to make a game interesting for max level characters for any significant length of time is... trying.

e:

Captain Oblivious posted:

Depends on the system..

Yeah, DnD and its direct offspring I meant.

DourCricket fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
I 2.5x inventory weight so I didn't have to play the "sort the inventory and sell trash" game every single time I went back to town, and removed needing rations in order to rest (mostly because they're drat heavy and inconvenient for dungeon crawling sections). I'd start with something along those lines and, as you said, seeing if something annoys you.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

It’s called Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous not A Good Tabletop RPG System: Wrath of the Righteous.

Me, after running years of Pathfinder only because my players love it

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
New Kickstarter update with the patch notes -

Release date is September 2nd!

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

Jesus what a spineless baby lmao.

Camellia is designed to look like The Default Normie Love Interest and then completely pull the rug out on you. HOW I won't say, but yeah. It's gonna gently caress with people.

Doesn't she wear an amulet that hides her alignment? How is that not a giant red flag?

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
Is Gold Dragon still not in? I'm debating my route for my LN turned LG Warpriest of Abadar.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
Alright - I've gotten like 60 hours into this game but bounced off because everything was just waaaaay too drat slow - but I'm going to try again before WOTR is out. I downloaded the call of the wild mod: does anyone have any experience with Shaman/Witch from that mod? I'm familiar with the tabletop classes and they're both awesome, debating which to play.

e-

sebmojo posted:

Get bag of tricks and turn off the annoying stuff, too.

Yep that I've got.

DourCricket fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jun 26, 2021

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
I'm loving your playthrough notes GDE

An aside, for the bag of tricks mod, I just increase movement speed. I am spoiled by BG fps cap increases + Pillars of Eternity's "fast mode" to where playing Kingmaker feels like sludge. And tripled my inventory capacity so I didn't have to sort/sell EVERY.TIME.I.WENT.HOME.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
I have a strong feeling I will actually do multiple runs of Wrath just to see some of those crazy abilities. Anything more about Gold Dragon yet?

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
The only reason I didn't spend 10 hours rerolling characters was because I just took one of my actual Pathfinder characters and plopped him into the game.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
For tough fights like that I always recommend switching to the turn based mode as well, it makes them much more manageable even if you're a RTWP kind of guy.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

Bardeh posted:

I managed to deal with the wolves and the boar. And also a manticore in a storm. Some slavers took Amiri but I went to their camp and got absolutely annihilated so I think I'll go back there later. The game's really toeing the line between 'a nice challenge' and 'feels like unfair bullshit' at the moment. I just don't have that many options open to me yet in combat but I'm managing to squeak by even if most fights half my party is dead by the end.

Set that poo poo to easy bud, until you get a better handle on the system. The fights should be tough not apocalyptic

edit - then head back to that slaver camp and clean up, you'll get more companions and be at a full 6. That will help a lot.

DourCricket fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Aug 4, 2021

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

rojay posted:

E: also, let's be honest; turn-based is awesome but also feels like cheating. I had to turn the difficulty up, and that's rare for me because I am not good at games other than asteroids.

It's very amusing you'd feel that considering that Pathfinder itself is turn-based

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
Seems great for my warpriest...

Any word on how to unlock it yet?

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
The major perk of Warpriest is also that you don't have to be Lawful Good, or any other alignment restriction other than being within a step of your deities. They're an odd middle-ground of paladin/cleric

Inflammatory posted:

are there any good writeups for the added classes from call of the wild, or am i gonna need to read up on the pnp versions and try figure out what still applies to the game?

I tried to look up some things a few weeks ago when I rolled a witch, couldn't find a drat thing. Even the tooltips added are nearly useless. Yeah you're pretty much stuck reading up on the pnp versions and hoping it all works out the same.

DourCricket fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 10, 2021

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

ilitarist posted:

PFKM also has an issue of not replenishing your belt. Like if you equip a character with a health potion and they dring it they now have empty slot. Does it take an action to put a new potion there? No. You just have go do it yourself.

One of many wonderful things Bag of Tricks will take care of for you

pentyne posted:

....loving what?

It's one of the "cheat" options? I don't recall the category but I have 100% used it

DourCricket fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 15, 2021

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

So what's with the Gold Dragon path? It's on the website and all, but not in the Beta given lack of info?

From what I've gathered it and the Swarm path are sorta secret "endgame" paths you really only get into in Ch. 5, which wasn't released into the beta. There are story/ability datamines that people have found from the beta builds but nothing really solid on the whys/hows/what you get and whens of it all.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

Ethiser posted:

I hope there are some negatives to switching mythic path so late. I don’t want them to seem like the obvious paths a Good or Evil character should take.

We know very little about how Gold Dragon works but for Swarm at least that is definitely not the case

Mild~ish Swarm spoilers -
You have to choose several 'research' options to pursue it, and at least one NPC will warn you explicitly that going down this road will have dire consequences with all of your companions + the crusade at large, it's for sure not presented as the 'default' Evil option

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
I've already got the "too excited about upcoming game to play other games" bug. Couldn't get a half hour into Psychonauts 2 before putting it down.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

Iymarra posted:

I've been sat mulling over a witch-aeon build (designed to strip away as many enemies' benefits as possible for companions to mop up) as well as a...something dex-two weapony with spellbuffs for azata, which I'm not sure about. Any suggestions?

If you've looked over the party members list and you have a couple favorites that you think will stay in the party - do either of these not step on their toes? I plan a lot of my Baldur's Gate characters based mostly on which NPCs I'll bring along and then trying to fill the gaps.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
AMA with the devs for Wrath in one hour here -

https://www.reddit.com/r/OwlcatGames/

I'll do a write-up a few hours in of the main bits if no one else gets around to it

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
AMA Part 1 - 2pm EST~ . For brevity, I will be summarizing questions and answers that are longer than a sentence or two. Questions in BOLD
  • Why isn't there a Mythic Armour focus that does the same thing as Archmage Armour? --- We don't think that any feats of that kind were necessary.
  • Were there any plans for a "fey" mythic path / Do Azata get awesome wings like in their portraits? ---- No, but Trickster has strong fey vibes. / Azata gets even more awesome wings than on the portraits, trust me :)
  • Does your mythic path affect your appearance? - Yes it does. Especially after final transformation.
  • Can we expect new classes, races or even mythic paths in future --- New Mythic paths are highly unlikely, as for classes and races - no plans right now, but it's possible.
  • What is the most interesting mythic path, in your opinion? --- Azata! (It's not because I wrote it... It's just my sincere, honest, unbiased opinion! :) ).
  • Do you plan to develop a game not related to the mechanics of board games and in your own setting? --- Every developer wants to make their own world!
  • Any plans to expand animal companions eventually, in DLC? Say, more dinosaurs? --- It is possible in future.
  • are you satisfied with your work on mythic paths and on turn-based mode? Is there something you wish you had a bit more time to change it? --- No matter how much polishing you do, you always feel that you want to do more. There's always some sort of an optimal point where it's time to stop and say yourself - hey, it's enough. We hope that we found that point in most cases :)
  • The previous game has been described as "a gm who hates you". Did you listen to these comments, and how did you change the new game in response? ---- It largely depends on the difficulty options. Core of the gameplay is the same, but the setting is darker and grimmer
  • Will basic kitsune have tail? --- Yes
  • What are you guys most proud of or what came together really well in a way you maybe didn't expect? --- Welp. As for me, I'm really proud that, at last, we made a game with a totally insane and nearly limitless amount of options and builds. I am a big fan of TT Pathfinder, and my biggest love their is that amount of options, allowing you to create anything you want. /// I was proud of the companions I wrote (Sosiel and Arueshalae from the pen-and-paper module, and Ember whom I came up with), but it was absolutely breathtaking to see them gain new depth as they left my hands, and my colleagues did their magic. Portraits, voices, animations, level designs of their quests, additional dialogues — all of these made me meet my darlings anew :)
  • What was the biggest lesson you've learned from the Kingmaker? --- "I know writers who use subtext, and they're all cowards!" ((C) Garth Marenghi).
    I learned that when you write something subtle, most of the readers will ignore it. In fact, even when you write something not-too-subtly, but less then five times, most readers will ignore it. HOWEVER, if you don't write something, and not even have it in mind when you're working, some of the readers will read it between the lines and surprise you with unexpected interpretations.
  • Are gamepads supported in the day one version of the game? --- Not day one
  • Where is Alderpash? Is he safe? Does he have some sexy new art? --- He's in our hearts. Also (somewhat) in the title of the game ;-)
  • Does alignement affect your Mythic Path options? ---- It's complicated. Each alignment is tied to a specific bunch of alignments, and the actions you take on that path tend to fall into these alignments. You can be a good Lich, but you'll have to skip some of the more evil actions this path includes. You'll be able to end the story as a good-aligned Lich, but you won't be very good at being the Lich :)
  • is there some possibility of more DLC after this season pass is done? --- Currently only 3 are planned, but there's a possibility it may change in future.
  • Will the Gold Dragon mythic path also have spells? --- Nope
  • Azata: Will we further cosmetic upgrades as we progress, akin to the full lich transformation? --- Yep!
  • My question is whether you know yet whether that DLC will be different depending on your Mythic Path? Kind of difficult to imagine any being turning towards a Swarm for help for example --- it will definitely take your Mythic Path choice into account in some fashion.
  • Скажите, сколько будет весить патч?) ---- Патч планируется довольно увесистым, как минимум несколько гигабайт.
  • Will there be a list of known bugs avaliable for us to see ---- At launch yes, mostly major issues
  • Are there any plans to add more options to the model character creator with dreads or other hairstyles, darker skin tones (esp for elves etc), and faces with features matching bipoc, especially black people? --- Some additional customization options have been added to the release version of the game in comparison with beta.
  • Does WotR take place after the events in the Stolen Lands? If so is there any continuation or perhaps familiar characters that we might bump into? --- WotR takes place a few years after the events of the first game in another region of the same world. There are some references and appearances of some of the old characters in the game, but otherwise it's a new story with new heroes and villains.

There are also several "fan-answered" questions I see but I'm passing on those. Also some more 80's Action Move bad guy lingo questions I can't be assed to translate.

Will come back for more in an hour or two.

Part 2:
  • next Pathfinder CRPG, which would you pick and why?--- Speaking for myself, and myself only, as I'm not the one who calls the shots: I really want to make Iron Gods, aka Pathfinder: Fallout. This is NOT an announcement of a next game :) /// We are currently focused on releasing Wrath of the Righteous and can't share much information about future releases yet. Some patience is required :)
  • Finally, do you guys have any idea around when the DLC will come out --- No dates yet
  • Among the many new mechanics in Wrath (paths, mounts, etc) , what proved the most difficult to implement? ---- Speaking as a narrative designer, the hardest feature is always keeping track of multiple possible timelines: the many decisions you make and all their consequences. As the story becomes more complicated, the number of these options skyrockets. //// Mythics paths.
    Not only they have an incredible amount of new mechanics, they are also tightly linked to the story, and that makes the challenge even greater.
  • Will we see more weapon representation in Wrath of The Righteous? --- Finnean, the sentient weapon, is for you - it can change into any weapon you want (and proficient in)
  • What's Devs thought about balance regarding Demon and Aeon? Many users have express they regards about the state of those two paths --- We've heard people talking about this - we monitored activity in beta-channels quite closely, and we made several iterative changes to make those mythics be a bit stronger (increasing Aeon's Gaze DC, increasing number of demonic rages per day and increasing the number of simultaneous minor aspects). We don't think that any massive reworks are needed, and we are quite happy with the current power balance
  • As a Kitsune, would you be able to switch between human and anthropomorphic shape at will? Are there any gameplay differences between the two shapes? Will there be any changes in dialogues with NPCs? --- Yes and no, no.
  • Any chance for Ratfolk and Kobold races in DLC? Also would the companions made for DLC be more expanded than Tiefling Sisters in Kingmaker? --- It's very unlikely that these races will be added. [Transcriber note - this one fuckin stings]
  • Kingmaker is still in not the greatest spot on consoles is there any plan to port kingmaker to the updated engine and maybe do a PS5, Series X update to kingmaker? --- Not in the near future
  • Is the game more balanced around the turn based or real time with pause combat? --- RTWP
  • Does the game have respec? and how does it work with the mythic path? --- Yes, and can respec your choices in the path, but not the path itself
  • Are there any polyamorous romance options? --- Unfortunately, not this time :(
  • How lengh is the game with all optional quests ? --- You can safely bet 100+ hours for one average playthrough. [Transcriber note: come the gently caress on please and edit some content poo poo]
  • Will the final dungeons of WotR be less awful to go through? --- We do hope you will like what you will see :)
  • Who is Best Girl? --- Camellia, duh./// Aivu /// Nocticula!
  • Currently some people are experiencing problems with already activated/double Steam gamekeys. Will this matter be resolved before launchday? --- We're working on it
  • You guys have plans to translate the game in more languages? --- Possibly in the future, Kingmaker was
  • There are plans for an Color Blind mode? --- Yep
  • Mything paths are there any plans to potentially rebalance them post-release if it turns out some are more powerful or interesting than the others? --- We are not really planning on making them equal - some power desparity is totally okay in a single-player game.
  • Will the game's main story consist of (more or less) self contained story arcs like in the first game? --- Wrath has a way more consistent storyline than Kingmaker. You'll have to make some detours here and there, but mostly it's the story of the Crusade, from its beginning to the end.
  • Will I miss out on a bunch of stuff during an Evil playthrough? ---- From the beginning, one of our main concern was to not make a game exclusively for Lawful Good Paladins Of Law And Goodness. There are whole mythic paths dedicated to the path of Evil.
  • Will the portrait of the player change depending of the mythic path he chooses? --- Each Mythic path has two alternative portraits (male and female). You can change the portrait later in the game, or keep your original one.
  • Given the well known issues with bugs in the console release of Kingmaker, some of which will never get fixed, what have you done to make sure this same issue doesn’t occur in the console releases of Wrath?---- We are doing our best to learn on mistakes of Kingmaker. Also, Wrath is developed from the start with console port in mind, and there's a good amount of time till console release to polish it.
  • Will you keep adopting Pathfinder 1e adventure paths in the future? --- Can't confirm or deny
  • So can I play as a dragon? --- you can become one later in the game
  • Can you ride Aivu after he grows a bit bigger? --- Yep
  • Was it always the plan to not have the choice of all mythic paths at the same time? How were the mythic paths that would become available later chosen? --- Yes, that was the plan from the start. There were two main reasons for it, one - we wanted to have big, important choice in the second half of the game, another is a spoiler. Initially, only Legend was supposed to be late-game path, then we added Gold Dragon and Swarm on Kickstarter.

DourCricket fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 31, 2021

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
REPOSTED FOR A NEW PAGE BECAUSE I loving CAN

AMA Part 1 - 2pm EST~ . For brevity, I will be summarizing questions and answers that are longer than a sentence or two. Questions in BOLD
  • Why isn't there a Mythic Armour focus that does the same thing as Archmage Armour? --- We don't think that any feats of that kind were necessary.
  • Were there any plans for a "fey" mythic path / Do Azata get awesome wings like in their portraits? ---- No, but Trickster has strong fey vibes. / Azata gets even more awesome wings than on the portraits, trust me :)
  • Does your mythic path affect your appearance? - Yes it does. Especially after final transformation.
  • Can we expect new classes, races or even mythic paths in future --- New Mythic paths are highly unlikely, as for classes and races - no plans right now, but it's possible.
  • What is the most interesting mythic path, in your opinion? --- Azata! (It's not because I wrote it... It's just my sincere, honest, unbiased opinion! :) ).
  • Do you plan to develop a game not related to the mechanics of board games and in your own setting? --- Every developer wants to make their own world!
  • Any plans to expand animal companions eventually, in DLC? Say, more dinosaurs? --- It is possible in future.
  • are you satisfied with your work on mythic paths and on turn-based mode? Is there something you wish you had a bit more time to change it? --- No matter how much polishing you do, you always feel that you want to do more. There's always some sort of an optimal point where it's time to stop and say yourself - hey, it's enough. We hope that we found that point in most cases :)
  • The previous game has been described as "a gm who hates you". Did you listen to these comments, and how did you change the new game in response? ---- It largely depends on the difficulty options. Core of the gameplay is the same, but the setting is darker and grimmer
  • Will basic kitsune have tail? --- Yes
  • What are you guys most proud of or what came together really well in a way you maybe didn't expect? --- Welp. As for me, I'm really proud that, at last, we made a game with a totally insane and nearly limitless amount of options and builds. I am a big fan of TT Pathfinder, and my biggest love their is that amount of options, allowing you to create anything you want. /// I was proud of the companions I wrote (Sosiel and Arueshalae from the pen-and-paper module, and Ember whom I came up with), but it was absolutely breathtaking to see them gain new depth as they left my hands, and my colleagues did their magic. Portraits, voices, animations, level designs of their quests, additional dialogues — all of these made me meet my darlings anew :)
  • What was the biggest lesson you've learned from the Kingmaker? --- "I know writers who use subtext, and they're all cowards!" ((C) Garth Marenghi).
    I learned that when you write something subtle, most of the readers will ignore it. In fact, even when you write something not-too-subtly, but less then five times, most readers will ignore it. HOWEVER, if you don't write something, and not even have it in mind when you're working, some of the readers will read it between the lines and surprise you with unexpected interpretations.
  • Are gamepads supported in the day one version of the game? --- Not day one
  • Where is Alderpash? Is he safe? Does he have some sexy new art? --- He's in our hearts. Also (somewhat) in the title of the game ;-)
  • Does alignement affect your Mythic Path options? ---- It's complicated. Each alignment is tied to a specific bunch of alignments, and the actions you take on that path tend to fall into these alignments. You can be a good Lich, but you'll have to skip some of the more evil actions this path includes. You'll be able to end the story as a good-aligned Lich, but you won't be very good at being the Lich :)
  • is there some possibility of more DLC after this season pass is done? --- Currently only 3 are planned, but there's a possibility it may change in future.
  • Will the Gold Dragon mythic path also have spells? --- Nope
  • Azata: Will we further cosmetic upgrades as we progress, akin to the full lich transformation? --- Yep!
  • My question is whether you know yet whether that DLC will be different depending on your Mythic Path? Kind of difficult to imagine any being turning towards a Swarm for help for example --- it will definitely take your Mythic Path choice into account in some fashion.
  • Скажите, сколько будет весить патч?) ---- Патч планируется довольно увесистым, как минимум несколько гигабайт.
  • Will there be a list of known bugs avaliable for us to see ---- At launch yes, mostly major issues
  • Are there any plans to add more options to the model character creator with dreads or other hairstyles, darker skin tones (esp for elves etc), and faces with features matching bipoc, especially black people? --- Some additional customization options have been added to the release version of the game in comparison with beta.
  • Does WotR take place after the events in the Stolen Lands? If so is there any continuation or perhaps familiar characters that we might bump into? --- WotR takes place a few years after the events of the first game in another region of the same world. There are some references and appearances of some of the old characters in the game, but otherwise it's a new story with new heroes and villains.

There are also several "fan-answered" questions I see but I'm passing on those. Also some more 80's Action Move bad guy lingo questions I can't be assed to translate.

Will come back for more in an hour or two.

Part 2 & Finale:
  • next Pathfinder CRPG, which would you pick and why?--- Speaking for myself, and myself only, as I'm not the one who calls the shots: I really want to make Iron Gods, aka Pathfinder: Fallout. This is NOT an announcement of a next game :) /// We are currently focused on releasing Wrath of the Righteous and can't share much information about future releases yet. Some patience is required :)
  • Finally, do you guys have any idea around when the DLC will come out --- No dates yet
  • Among the many new mechanics in Wrath (paths, mounts, etc) , what proved the most difficult to implement? ---- Speaking as a narrative designer, the hardest feature is always keeping track of multiple possible timelines: the many decisions you make and all their consequences. As the story becomes more complicated, the number of these options skyrockets. //// Mythics paths.
    Not only they have an incredible amount of new mechanics, they are also tightly linked to the story, and that makes the challenge even greater.
  • Will we see more weapon representation in Wrath of The Righteous? --- Finnean, the sentient weapon, is for you - it can change into any weapon you want (and proficient in)
  • What's Devs thought about balance regarding Demon and Aeon? Many users have express they regards about the state of those two paths --- We've heard people talking about this - we monitored activity in beta-channels quite closely, and we made several iterative changes to make those mythics be a bit stronger (increasing Aeon's Gaze DC, increasing number of demonic rages per day and increasing the number of simultaneous minor aspects). We don't think that any massive reworks are needed, and we are quite happy with the current power balance
  • As a Kitsune, would you be able to switch between human and anthropomorphic shape at will? Are there any gameplay differences between the two shapes? Will there be any changes in dialogues with NPCs? --- Yes and no, no.
  • Any chance for Ratfolk and Kobold races in DLC? Also would the companions made for DLC be more expanded than Tiefling Sisters in Kingmaker? --- It's very unlikely that these races will be added. [Transcriber note - this one fuckin stings]
  • Kingmaker is still in not the greatest spot on consoles is there any plan to port kingmaker to the updated engine and maybe do a PS5, Series X update to kingmaker? --- Not in the near future
  • Is the game more balanced around the turn based or real time with pause combat? --- RTWP
  • Does the game have respec? and how does it work with the mythic path? --- Yes, and can respec your choices in the path, but not the path itself
  • Are there any polyamorous romance options? --- Unfortunately, not this time :(
  • How lengh is the game with all optional quests ? --- You can safely bet 100+ hours for one average playthrough. [Transcriber note: come the gently caress on please and edit some content poo poo]
  • Will the final dungeons of WotR be less awful to go through? --- We do hope you will like what you will see :)
  • Who is Best Girl? --- Camellia, duh./// Aivu /// Nocticula!
  • Currently some people are experiencing problems with already activated/double Steam gamekeys. Will this matter be resolved before launchday? --- We're working on it
  • You guys have plans to translate the game in more languages? --- Possibly in the future, Kingmaker was
  • There are plans for an Color Blind mode? --- Yep
  • Mything paths are there any plans to potentially rebalance them post-release if it turns out some are more powerful or interesting than the others? --- We are not really planning on making them equal - some power desparity is totally okay in a single-player game.
  • Will the game's main story consist of (more or less) self contained story arcs like in the first game? --- Wrath has a way more consistent storyline than Kingmaker. You'll have to make some detours here and there, but mostly it's the story of the Crusade, from its beginning to the end.
  • Will I miss out on a bunch of stuff during an Evil playthrough? ---- From the beginning, one of our main concern was to not make a game exclusively for Lawful Good Paladins Of Law And Goodness. There are whole mythic paths dedicated to the path of Evil.
  • Will the portrait of the player change depending of the mythic path he chooses? --- Each Mythic path has two alternative portraits (male and female). You can change the portrait later in the game, or keep your original one.
  • Given the well known issues with bugs in the console release of Kingmaker, some of which will never get fixed, what have you done to make sure this same issue doesn’t occur in the console releases of Wrath?---- We are doing our best to learn on mistakes of Kingmaker. Also, Wrath is developed from the start with console port in mind, and there's a good amount of time till console release to polish it.
  • Will you keep adopting Pathfinder 1e adventure paths in the future? --- Can't confirm or deny
  • So can I play as a dragon? --- you can become one later in the game
  • Can you ride Aivu after he grows a bit bigger? --- Yep
  • Was it always the plan to not have the choice of all mythic paths at the same time? How were the mythic paths that would become available later chosen? --- Yes, that was the plan from the start. There were two main reasons for it, one - we wanted to have big, important choice in the second half of the game, another is a spoiler. Initially, only Legend was supposed to be late-game path, then we added Gold Dragon and Swarm on Kickstarter.

Buck Wildman posted:

like this is a really legitimate question that they seem to have just blown off so color me credulous at mythic feats carrying the day but if I'm proven wrong I'll be the first to admit it

I summarized that answer and they have some replies in the thread but basically - they don't care that much that some options are way more powerful than others, it's a singleplayer game and heavy armor tanks work just fine on Core. Again, just summarizing.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

Pathfinder 2 is just 5E but with some real capacity for character customization. It's pretty solid. Still inferior to 4E in every meaningful way but hey what iteration of D&D isn't.

I could write a dissertation on this sentence alone.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

This is also part of why mods like Bag of Tricks are so popular. Don't like encumbrance rules, because they're stupid and weird and half the people playing tabletop forget them? Cool, get rid of them. Exhaustion and sleep rules? Same deal.

Bag of tricks saved Kingmaker for me. Speeding up animations + getting ride of encumbrance/food for rest + refilling my bars with potions/scrolls after I use them + infinite respecs for me and companions when the feats or abilities I pick ended up sucking for reasons I can't comprehend (*shakes fist at sky* PATHFINDERRRRRR! + just straight up cheating through the slog of a final dungeon to get to a pretty cool ending.

PC gaming is the best :')

DourCricket fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 1, 2021

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2xJt19Ri74

First review I've seen, taken from Reddit. Bugs are present but not overwhelming and you can finish it even! Generally very positive on the game

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

Avalerion posted:

Speaking of Wendu, anyone know if her and Lann are mutually exclusive, or can you still pick up the other one some time later after the initial choice?

Yes, Ch. 3

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

Mad Wack posted:

yeah on normal difficulty every class and archetype is fully viable, it's nice that you can play out your particular class fantasy - there's no reason to minmax unless you want to do higher difficulties

Do we actually know that is the case in Wrath? It may be true for Kingmaker today but probably wasn't on release

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
Man they are not being subtle with Camellia huh?

"You're TODAY'S sacrifice!!" - her barks are nuts lol

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

Arbite posted:

How's the bug situation? Would it be best to work through the backlog before starting or is it pretty playable already?

From the reviews posted so far, they're definitely there and can interfere with completing some quests. Though certain much better than Kingmaker on its release.

It seems like if you've ever played a big crpg at launch this seems about par for the course - a significant number but nothing game-ending. Down to your taste and tolerance if it's worth it now or wait a couple months for a few big patches.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
Annnnd now I've hit a bug in the first dungeon Shield Maze where a switch on the wall doesn't appear so I can't progress! Reloaded some old saves and nada.

e- Haha, not a bug! Just an odd design choice... you have to LOOT the paper explaining the torches, you can't just right click and read it on the body of the guard who carries it.

DourCricket fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 3, 2021

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

queeb posted:

man, doing game 1 blind so far except for following some builds, but i installed bag of tricks and just pumped up movement speed to like 2x, and this is so perfect, since the game doesnt have a fast mode.

i also just got fuckin obliterated by a spider swarm

Any RPG that DOESN'T take Pillars "fast mode" toggle gets the side-eye as far as I'm concerned. Also the hoverable tags in dialog for lore bits. Pathfinder at least has the latter.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

Popete posted:

I loaded up the game last night and realized I know nothing about Pathfinder and got character build paralysis and went back to playing HUMANKIND. I guess I need to do some more research before diving into this game but my initial thought it to build a necromancer mage with a Lich mythic power.

People in this thread who had the beta were pretty clear you can make any single class build work just fine on Normal difficulty, go for what's fun at the moment and it'll work out. Worst case scenario you're allowed to respec and start from literal scratch at any point after the first few hours.

e-

pentyne posted:

So, I'm guessing from the fact I found 2 Terendelev's scales in the cave at the intro, and a super-important NPC went "oh, a dragon scale, I can feel the power from this" means don't actually use it up to resurrect the party members right?

Slight Mythic path spoilers if you're going for a Good character -
You need one to unlock the Gold Dragon path later in the game.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

Ethiser posted:

My biggest quality of life cheat is that I cheated in Greater Enduring Spell on all my casters using Toybox. I still have to use the spell slots, but I don’t feel like everything is on a timer constantly ticking down until my buffs wear off.

I just did the flat buff duration in the toybox options (I did x2) and it's been great.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
I got to level 11 with my Warpriest before I realized I could use fervor to swift cast buffs on myself.

I am not a smart man.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
Anyone know when the Wenduag "redemption" kicks in? I've heard she mellows out a lot in the later chapters and have been pretty kind/good with her at all times and I just got a scene near the end of Chapter 3...

With her and the neathers DEFINITELY not plotting to overthrow me, of course not, nosir why would you have that idea...

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
Act 4 is such a great idea with an excellent presentation - executed absolutely horrendously.

Some fixes -

-Once you have moved walls/floors with a camera, they STAY moved. Show off your cool map tech once then let me get on with things please
-loving consolidate the maps/quests please. I run between loading screens literally 10x more than the previous 3 acts and even on a fast SSD it is annoying as poo poo
-Be clearer on who wants what where and when with the main story. I'm chasing 4 of nocticula's lackeys at the same time I don't remember who is asking for what

Agreed. Having recently finished act 4 I am completely dumb founded at all the whining about the navigation. Like, that’s it? That’s what was giving people conniptions?

The most annoying bit is doing it for the 18th time as I track down yet another quest sending me from the Middle to the Upper levels, because I'm not cool enough to have figured out what the quest is to get a coin for the Upper level. Oh and the coin I did manage to get for the second level? Locked behind a swiveling wall, a rotating camera trick floating continent, two portal doors(with a trap 3rd portal door that will send you to a different area, don't forget which is the right one!!), and then ANOTHER swiveling wall.

Every.

loving.

Quest.

Act IV shows you why the Abyss itself is Chaotic Evil and I respect that.

DourCricket fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Sep 20, 2021

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

A Sometimes Food posted:

God.

Respec disease hitting hard. Decided on Azata but no loving idea what I want to do beyond that. Bard I guess, but I also want to hit things and maybe not die immediately.

My preferred advice in these situations - if you know which companions are your A-Team-never-leave-the-party, build yourself to complement them. If Wenduag and Regill are your Ride or Die then make yourself a buffer/debuffer to help them out.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I've got a spreadsheet-in-progress laying out everyone in the party's builds for my skald playthrough, I can post a link this evening. The basic idea is skald pc taking all the crit rage powers (lethal accuracy, demon drums, etc) and the cleave tree, plus everybody who can takes outflank and / or combat reflexes, plus everybody who can has a pet that also has outflank plus trip and the other relevant team feats. It works pretty well so far but I'm not sure if everything will align right (e.g., from what I'm reading if Wendy takes snap shot line she should be able to get opportunity attacks with throwing weapons if she has the right feats, but I haven't tested yet)

I was planning on going Azata but I think I may end up going trickster instead.

Do Azata songs stack with Skald songs like Bard? I was debating one or the other for my Azata playthrough.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

Helion posted:

I think there is just enormous amounts of *stuff* standing in between you, the player, and actually doing those things. Does anyone else feel that way? Like it’s astonishing how *little* of those two things I actually accomplish in any one play session, particularly if you consider that speed bump combat encounters probably don’t count for number 1, as they involve little in the way of decision making. You could bump up the difficulty to make them harder, but then there’s the problem that the little encounters offer no real rewards, so beating tons of hard ones would just feel exhausting.

Does this make any sense? I just wish I had more of the good bits and less of the huge stuff that gets in the way, crossing Drezen with multiple loading screens, walking into an inn, finding a quest npc, resting to remove corruption, buying scrolls, casting buffs, building structures, each of which involving several screen loading transitions, just…ugh.

Yes, 100%. The pacing is just bad in a lot of places. I really liked Act 1+2 because they felt much more focused and each area told a cohesive story and the frequent new enemies kept things fresh.

Act 3 is Kingmaker But Again, wandering around the world map to find things to do is very cool but ultimately pretty time consuming. "3 days and 5 rests away, nah gently caress it" as another post said, is kinda accurate. I think it's interesting just because it's not something we see too often but I think Pillars 2 handled world travel much smoother.

I love the games overall but the pacing in Kingmaker I thought was dreadful and Wrath started off much better but is quickly averaging out with its predecessor. I'm still in late Act 4 however so maybe it improves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

EclecticTastes posted:

The Toy Box mod's Travel Speed multiplier will make this a lot less painful (set it to x20 and you'll never need to worry about travel times again; also it applies to your generals too so Setsuna Shy can clear the entire map in just a couple days). Doesn't magically make it good design or anything, but it fixes the in-the-moment problem of being a slog.

Oh yeah I should specify - I think Toybox/Bag of Tricks are necessary for these two games, I wouldn't recommend anyone play them without those mods. The movement speed of the characters alone on the maps would drive me up the drat wall with how loving slow they walk, I have them on 2.5x speed. I also have like 5 other tweaks I would recommend to anyone who was interested in these games just to ease up the bullshit that only slows you down in an already gargantuan sized game.

Like, I legit love both games. But I don't 100+ hour love you. Wrap it up in 80 hours max.

e- Also I didn't realize there was a travel speed multiplier! Thanks for that