Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Anyone care to critique a main character build I'm considering going with? Must-have spell recommendations would also be welcome.

Half-Orc Two-Handed Fighter(4)/Sacred Huntsman(16)
Diety: Erastil, Community Domain

STR 16
DEX 14
CON 14
INT 13
WIS 15
CHA 10

Lv1 - 2HF - Exotic Weapon: Fauchard, Combat Reflexes
Lv2 - SH - Leopard Animal Companion
Lv3 - SH - Combat Expertise
Lv4 - SH - STR+1, Teamwork Feat (Seize the Moment)
Lv5 - SH - Trip
Lv6 - 2HF - Greater Trip
Lv7 - 2HF - Power Attack
Lv8 - 2HF - STR+1, Cleave
Lv9 - SH - Boon Companion
Lv10 - SH - Teamwork Feat (Outflank)
Lv11 - SH - Improved Critical: Fauchard
Lv12 - SH - STR+1
Lv13 - SH - Cleaving Finish, Teamwork Feat(Precise Strike)
Lv14 - SH -
Lv15 - SH - Hammer the Gap
Lv16 - SH - STR+1, Teamwork Feat(Tandem Trip)
Lv17 - SH - Dazzling Display
Lv18 - SH -
Lv19 - SH - Dreadful Carnage, Teamwork Feat(Back to Back?)
Lv20 - SH - WIS+1

The plan is to be a second-row reach weapon rear end in a top hat that grants attacks of opportunity to everyone with Greater Trip, and to my animal companion and any allies I slap teamwork feats onto with Improved Critical. The four levels of 2-Handed Fighter get me some needed bonus feats and just enough BAB to hit 4 attacks per round while still having enough Sacred Huntmaster levels to get level 6 spells. I'm not 100% sure I'll qualify for Seize the Moment at level 4, in which case I'll move Precise Strike up there and the other teamwork feats down a notch.

I'm sure there'd be better races if I wanted to go full munchkin, but I feel like being a greenskin.

Random Hajile fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Thanks for all the advice. I'll go with a 2 Two-Handed Fighter, 2 Barbarian, 16 Huntsman build thanks to your input.

Lv1 - 2HF - Exotic Weapon: Fauchard, Combat Reflexes
Lv2 - 2HF - Power Attack
Lv3 - SH - Leopard Animal Companion, Cleave
Lv4 - SH - STR+1,
Lv5 - SH - Cleaving Finish
Lv6 - SH - Teamwork Feat (Outflank)
Lv7 - Barb - Blind Fight
Lv8 - Barb - STR+1
Lv9 - SH - Boon Companion
Lv10 - SH - Teamwork Feat (Seize the Moment)
Lv11 - SH - Improved Critical: Fauchard
Lv12 - SH - STR+1
Lv13 - SH - Weapon Focus(Fauchard), Teamwork Feat(Shake it Off)
Lv14 - SH -
Lv15 - SH - Dazzling Display
Lv16 - SH - STR+1, Teamwork Feat(Precise Strike)
Lv17 - SH - Dreadful Carnage
Lv18 - SH -
Lv19 - SH - Intimidating Prowess or Conrugon Smash?, Teamwork Feat(Back to Back?)
Lv20 - SH - WIS+1

I shifted the 2nd level of two-handed fighter up so I'd qualify for Outflank much sooner. I also failed to notice that Dazzling Display/Dreadful Carnage require a weapon focus, so I put that in there. I also decided to leave the tripping to my cat and/or party members /w auto-trip since Olesh suggested Greater Trip may not be as useful as it appeared. This also makes it more of a Serpent Prince build than a Mastery one.

Unfortunately Mad Dog doesn't give Uncanny Dodge, or I would have gone with that and skipped Boon Companion, but I figure that and a rage power were worth a Boon Companion to make up for the extra two levels on non-pet-growth.

Random Hajile fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 21, 2020

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Dr. Sneer Gory posted:

I've been playing Magus set up for Weapon Finesse and using a Estoc and now I'm finding that there is a real dearth of good magic estocs in the game. I'm in Act II, I think, and level 8. Have I made a horrible mistake, and is there anything I can do about it?
I think there's one you can order if you annex the South Narlmarches, build a village there, visit it and complete a favor for the foreign woman there, and build her shop.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

NikkolasKing posted:

Is it ever worth it to multiclass spellcastres?

I never thought about it but multiclassing casters in this game must be total poo poo since a lot of them use different stats. Cleric with their Wisdom won't be able to do much with Wizard or Sorcerer spells that need INT and CHA.

If you want a Arcane Trickster, I think you have to multiclass a bit for the 2 sneak attack dice requirement. The Huntsman Inquisitor/Barbarian/Fighter build I was planning out a few pages ago also had just enough high-BAB class growth to get a fourth attack while still getting its highest-level spells.

The short version is there are a few cases where it can be worthwhile, but you need to know what you're doing.