Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Does this game focus more on story or combat encounters? Looking for something that has more focus on combat than Deadfire did cause I tend to get bored with the story heavy elements. Kinda in the mood for an IWD type game that was more focused on the dungeon crawling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

I just toggle turn based mode off for easier fights, think it is alt + t by default. Nice to be able to toggle in and out easily. Can use it mid encounter too if you killed off the more dangerous ones and use rtwp to clear out the minions.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

deathbagel posted:

I made my whole pet party (Fey Druid, Mad Dog Barbarian, Cleric of Erastil, Sylvan Sorcerer and gave Linzy a level in that as well just so I can use her as a skill monkey and still have a pet, I need to disarm traps and unlock chests) with your guys' help, thank you all!

However, I triggered the finger of death trap by the sycamore with one of my bears and he went super dead. I had to raise dead on him and then quit the game and start again to get him to follow again. Now whenever he gets knocked down, he goes perma-dead again. Anyone know how I can fix that or am I stuck with a dead bear 99% of the time?

Wouldn't Linzi's pet be super low level that way? Think boon companion only get it +4 levels to compensate for Rangers and Animal Domain pets.

Maybe find out which pet is dead and respec that character with the respec mod to clear whatever bug is hitting it.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Got to Chapter 3 in the main campaign and was enjoying it, started Varnhold's lot and that DLC is sucking some of the enjoyment out of the game. Feels like everything has high AC and the character party are rolling d10 instead of d20 to hit. Not to mention spawning into rooms to go immediately into combat with the enemies spawning right behind my squishy characters. Took me 5 tries to beat one Primal Hydra, finally got a set of crits in before it could destroy my party. Before that was a fight against an Owlbear and two dweomar cats that I had to use most of my spells and buffs on, feels like I need to rest after every second fight in that DLC. And of course I wasn't aware of that going into the dungeon so I didn't load up on rations.
At least it is supposed to be fairly short so I think I am close to the end.

I had read that the DLC was harder than main campaign and those reviews sure weren't kidding.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Phlegmish posted:

I got the An Amusement for the Nobles quest. Can I go gently caress around or is this another timed deal? I swear my least favorite part of this game is the constant time pressure, even if it's largely imagined

Timed, I messed around and didn't realize it was timed, went to the zone on the map and couldn't enter because it had expired.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

I think it shows the spell they will use to auto attack with on the left of the action bar, if you right click that spell in the bar it should disable it. I know my Octavia auto attacks with bow now and think that is how I enabled it.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Got through the Pitax stuff yesterday, now just waiting around I guess for the next main quest to trigger, so doing a lot of Kingdom management which was fun in small doses but starting to get tedious. If I play through again think I will look into the more automated version of it.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Any suggestions on good mullticlass pairings for a Sohei monk? Thinking at least 11 levels of Sohei focusing on polearms with at least one level of another animal companion class to get a pet other than horse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

JamMasterJim posted:

The more straightforward builds would be sohei/cavalier (gendarme). No might charge with Sohei 11, but bonus feats, cavalier charge and bonuses from your order (like oockatrice) are nice.
If you want a different pet than horse, you can get a level in beast rider or whatever other pet class, like hunter.
Considering Boon companion, you could grab 4 fighter levels to get weapon specialization and set-up your feats.

Weirder builds are sohei+Cleric(animal domain)/Sacred Huntmaster. Sacred huntmaster will share teamwork feats. The idea behind cleric is to grab more domains which are mighty useful (travel domain gives a teleporting horse, which is something usually Arcane rider magus gets to mess with).

Other combos either want to go mostly pure (like sylvan sorcerer) or use alignment change shenanigans (like mad dog), so it can be a hassle to make them work

Thanks, thinking something like 11 sohei/3 hunter/ 6 gendarme, deciding on a class build direction is the hardest boss in the game.