Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Timeless Appeal posted:

I feel like Eleanor is going to figure out that something is weird and invalidate the whole experiment by realizing that she was resurrected for some weird purpose.

I just wonder if that happens in the finale or like the next episode.

Oh yeah, definitely that. She pulled a thoughtful face that wasn't really called attention to when she heard the name 'Charles Brainman' that makes me think she's going to start realising soon that something is up.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Go do crime.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

I love how Simone's actress can't cover up that she's clearly from London. Should've just let her use her real accent to be honest. Do like that they've brought in a new character in the 3rd season and she's instantly great, though.

Really? I’m from London and I couldn’t have told you that.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

ZRM posted:

My favorite part is that she left Taylor Swift's number in there.

And Taika Waititi! By all accounts he is the best of people, so I’d want to keep his number too.

I just tried to grab a screenshot, but Iphone won’t let you from Netflix because Reasons. :argh:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Holt’s a lucky guy.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I thought the student in Simone’s office was Doug Forcett for a moment when we first saw him.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ah, the Paul F Tompkins Whimsy Hour.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I suddenly had the thought that Eleanor might sleep with Jason this season, as they share that trashbag vibe, and Chidi’s got his own thing going on with Simone. Maybe Jason will get a job as a mailman or something.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Wait... Trevor.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Renaissance Spam posted:

Oh you monster...

"Okay, hold on, I have to ask: is this thing gonna happen? - You and me?"

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Zil posted:

"Smile babe."

Yeah most likely not going to happen.

None of the gang know who he is though (aside from Michael and Janet). And assume he’s going to maintain a cover.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Does it grow out of the cringe comedy thing in season 2 then?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh good, embarrassment-based humour like the Office just makes me grind my teeth rather than laugh.

Also:
https://twitter.com/qikipedia/status/1035814521997127680

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Senor Tron posted:

Natural tendencies to be a dick, or to do what is fun?

The best way to drag them down would be to be a fun friend who tells them "no you don't need to change you're all already perfect as you are now who wants some cocaine."

“By the way, Eleanor, in my day job as a mailman, I go through lots of personal mail.”

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

esperterra posted:

Josie and the Pussycats is a sorely underrated movie imho that way too many people took at face value when it came out.

Dare I say it was before its time ????

Josie is such a great movie with a ton of heart.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I feel bad, but I’d eat the landfill fries on that menu.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I do wonder if the good place is as debauched as the bad place. Once people get into the good place, the accountants stop tallying points, so living there is basically consequence free. Eternal life with everything you could want and no consequences? Yeah, that's going to end well...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah this is an obvious angle the show is going to bring up. We've seen folks get better in the Bad Place so why can't Good Place earners end up turning into horrible people?

"Janet! I've been curious, what does human flesh taste like?"

EDIT: I just had a mental picture of a flipped version of the scene in the first episode where Janet plays a clip from the Bad Place, but instead it's from the Good Place and it just looks like the Event Horizon log.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 13, 2018

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

We know there definitely is a good place and that it's staffed, because Michael stole Janet from a Janet warehouse, inferring the existence of others.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Pan Dulce posted:

How about a gif instead?

That was the icing on a fantastic episode. Eleanor didn’t call him ‘surprisingly jacked’ for nothing. I hope Chidi getting sprayed with liquids becomes a regular thing because it’s hilarious every time. Blood last season, sprinkler water this time.

And to lower the tone even more, the water revealed there’s a lot going on on his lower half too. :eyepop:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

WJH getting wet again for comedy. :allears:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

I feel Eleanor is pretty comfortable with her bisexuality. Maybe not as comfortable being attracted to Tahani in specific, but otherwise.

She licked Rihanna’s calf after all.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I remember Pandemonium getting namechecked in the Sandman/Lucifer comics.

Edit: and Good Omens.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

This makes some sense. Let's also not forget that in his introduction Shawn was presented as a literally neutral character who would retreat if anyone became emotional around him.

You realise that was part of the ruse, right?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

double nine posted:

how expensive would Stephen Merchant be to come on with some regularity? Given that his department is the one where the rules are made, i.e. how many points a given action costs, I'd expect the Accountants to feature more prominently going forward, but actor availability and $ would probably make that difficult-ish?

Probably far cheaper than Ted Danson, and I'm sure he'd be quite willing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I can imagine the people already in the Good Place being all ‘gently caress you, got mine’ now that they’re there.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Senor Tron posted:

On the subject of episode lengths, they've mentioned on the podcast they have different length versions of episodes. On Netflix are we getting the longest ones?

Sometimes, apparently. Also, the Blu-rays may have different extended cuts from the ones on NBC's own site. No-one seems to be able to pin down exactly what different versions exist for what episodes, or collate them in one place.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Dec 27, 2018

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That is a loving pain in the arse.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1078720141360132096

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

clown shoes posted:

Weren't they dating at the time?

Yes, after filming Made in America.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh god, I completely forgot Danson did CSI.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

pwn posted:

I have no idea if that's Trevor but it makes sense that it would be and it is definitely an awesome detail either way, great catch!

Now I’m wondering who’s on the blimp.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Max from Ghosted.

(This show needs a Craig Robinson cameo at some point, y’all)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdNbVxMNFvk

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Chidi has a wild sex-only fling with Jason.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It's 'Clue' for McKean for me. He's consistently great. Also, I feel like with the way the show races through storylines, he could effectively only be around like 2-3 episodes before they change it all up again.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I was thinking Chidi’s glasses.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Also, it's a nice callback. Chidi said he thought he was in the Bad Place because he would drink almond milk, which was ethically dubious, and it turns out he was right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007