Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

"Ditto"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Lutha Mahtin posted:

the carmen electra auditorium at the smith and wesson...uh, what? plus ATV repair shop
I love all the Jacksonville hybrid stores and locations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

This guy's a jumper, you can tell!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Chidi confirmed cute by the universal judge.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

I think that without most of the people in charge realizing it yet, this whole experiment with these four humans just keeps snowballing and has the potential to upend the entire way the afterlife functions. Sean is doing what he's doing, not out of official capacity, but because he personally can't stand that they got away, and now they're interfering on Earth in a way that (presumably) isn't allowed.

Very excited to see where this all goes.

I don't know if Shawn's thinking on that level yet. So far it seems more personal; not only did he let what may be the first humans ever escape the Bad Place, they also got one of his demons on their side. They're making him look pretty bad, and he seems to be pretty high-rank in terms of management.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Thinking on what level? That's exactly what I'm saying, for him it's personal and it's driving him to take drastic measures.

Oh, sorry, I misread what you said. My bad.

e:

Taear posted:

He's called Shawn because he has absolutely the worst possible spelling of the name.
Correct.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

I got you there.

Also Tim Gunn and Tom Brady.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

hanales posted:

My favorite little joke was after Tahani was saved someone says “Kamila did it” and she’s like “no it was a man” and you hear Ted Danson shout “no Kamila did it!”
I was so enamored with the glimpse I got of Ted Danson's awesome ponytail I didn't even realize it was him shouting that!

The part I loved about that was that Kamala just accepted all the praise like she really did save Tahani. I'm really hoping we see her in the afterlife at some point because I don't know if it'd be funnier if she wound up in the Good Place or the Bad Place.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

FELD1 posted:

Holy poo poo, that Jags get-up was amazing.

Tahani's reaction to it was better.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

TMZed

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

KA-KAW!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

double nine posted:

This may be :thejoke: but the systems seem to work as follows:
general human pettyness, anxieties that shape our behaviour and small vices mean that the most human beings are going to end up in the bad place; the only way people actually get in the Good Place is through volume - their intentional deeds somehow managed to influence a lot of people in a positive sense - like mozart, wendy, lincoln etc.
And this once again raises the question as to what's going to happen to Kamalah when she dies. Yeah she did a ton of good in the world, but it seemed to be very ego-driven (from what little we've seen) and it really hurt her sister. Hell, Kamalah didn't even care about Tahani at all.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

double nine posted:

All you need to know about Kamilah is shown when Emmy Nominated actor Ted Danson saves Tahani at the start of the reboot - she instantly and completely basks in the adoration for saving her sister, which she knows is false. The cherry is when she does the fake modesty "it was nothing really".
Well, not instantly. Before that, her reaction to her sister almost getting killed was condescending annoyance, not concern that Tahani almost frggin' died right in front of her.

Which does make me wonder how Kamilah reacted when Tahani did die in the original timeline.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gobbeldygook posted:

You're probably wondering "wait what do you go straight-to-hell for": atheism and rejecting the truth of Islam once it's been presented to you, so if Islam is correct I may have imperiled the immortal soul of everyone reading this.
To paraphrase Sir Terry Pratchett, this is why missionaries should be shot on sight.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

My favourite thing about the "It's devastating. You're devastated right now." is that it strongly implies that Michael was devastated when Eleanor used it on him.
I was thinking about this today; I wonder if that's the first time someone's said something like that to Michael with the actual intention to hurt his feelings.

Like, we saw that demon talking to Bad Janet in the Bad Place when they were setting up the museum, and when Bad Janet insulted him, the two of them just laughed like that's just how people in the Bad Place talk to each other. They throw insults around, but it's more...reflexive. It's not to be mean, it's just how they talk.

I think it'd also explain why Michael gets so flustered at Trevor's insults when they get to Earth; he's not used to actually trying to say something deliberately mean.

Just a thought.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Pan Dulce posted:

Here you go!

I didn't notice this until someone else pointed it out, but: his cart is full of almond milk.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

In the podcast, Manny says this whole handshake sequence was made up 10 minutes prior by him and Eugene (Pillboi's actor). That's insane.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

You guys are always sleeping or chewing something.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

DOGGOS

e: oh my

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Maxwell Lord posted:

Aw Jason got the penguin

He named it Gleek. :3:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Enemies: Various Rite-Aid Employees

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

:stare: Holy shirt!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Arist posted:

Wait... wasn't Doug Forcett from Calgary?

e: poo poo, he said Ontario, didn't he?

He just said "rural Canada".

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man now I can't wait for tomorrow's podcast.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I wonder how many takes they had to do with Kristen Bell and that iguana before she just let it climb onto her head.
That was a choice that iguana actor made.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I already love Neutral Janet.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

God she even nailed Chidi's annoyed "Elanooor".

fake edit: Pillboi!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Wait, who's this now?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Poor Matt.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Holy forking shirtballs!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

uvar posted:

Do we know if that's true, or is it just what Michael thinks?
I think it's not so much what he thinks but what he's been told.

This is all a bureaucracy, and in a bureaucracy people don't care about what's going on outside their department. Generally people only know what's going on in other departments through hearsay or from their bosses, and and long as the system in general is still chugging along, everything is fine. Yeah, nobody's gotten into the Good Place for five hundred and change years, but the system itself is still chugging along so obviously it's working as intended.

As far as Michael knew up now, the system was working correctly and people were going to the Good Place, because he had no reason to think otherwise and besides, that's not his job. He just worries about the people being sent to the Bad Place.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

double nine posted:

the charitable version of Forcett's age being a factor is that a points system designed with fairness in mind would try not to advantage those who were lucky to die old. A person who dies as a 40 year old simply has more time to accumulate positive or negative point values than a person who dies a the age of 25. So you adjust the threshold depending on ageo, which apparently means the points required at 65 is a hell of a lot higher than 500k positive points.
That does raise the question of how many points you'd need to have to get into the Good Place at the age of 65. Doug's spent his life generating that total and it's not enough?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Caught the episode this morning, the movie scene almost got me.

Then they played that clip on the podcast as I was driving into work, and that's when it got me.

Oasx posted:

Besides messing Chidi, Simone seems like an odd pick. From everything we know she is a nice and kind person, and doesn't seem like the type who would need moral philosophy lessons.
I think the idea is that Shawn is short-circuiting the experiment by bringing in humans who won't just get to the Soul Squad, they're bringing in people who don't line up with the whole idea of recreating the original experiment.

I think it's Michael who talks about the idea of having these new humans go to Chidi for moral advice like they did the first time through, but so far we have Simone, who doesn't need it(and isn't 100% convinced this is the afterlife) and John, who probably wouldn't think he has anything he needs to change about himself. This is the guy who's proud of the Olsen Twins Countdown Clock, after all.

Obviously we still haven't seen the other two new humans yet, but for the experiment to work they need one of them to realize that they're not supposed to be in the Good Place for whatever reason, go to Chidi or whoever for advice on how to fit in, and through that pairing bring in everyone else. Knowing that, it's pretty easy for Shawn to screw that whole plan up.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

double nine posted:

Take it one step further and I'm on board.
By which I assume you mean Elanor wearing a giant coat, with Michael hiding inside it behind her and with his arms through the sleeves?

Because I really want to see that now that I've thought of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

howe_sam posted:

Most importantly though, Blake Bortles is a really funny name.
It's also a great name to shout while, say, throwing a molotov.