Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Hey dudes, just watched it.

For some reason this year the majority of the women's makeup looked awful. Like they looked grubby. Even Karen in the boardroom looked like she had clown makeup on. I also suspect a lot of botox.

That northern one who left had a real chip on her shoulder. Do london types really treat anyone more northern than Cambridge as some bumbling semi-human? She wasn't helping her case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Taear posted:

Also there's something proper weird to me about them calling them "boys and girls".

I think it succinctly sums up the level of respect that the show affords these people.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm friends with this guy!!

My FB feed is full of people congratulating/mocking him about it. If he posts any juicy background details I will surely share them here. From the small amount of time he was on the screen I could see his tongue placed firmly in his cheek. 'How are we spelling "woah"'

What a cringy episode. That Kim Jong Un comment! She was a horrible people manager, but as a current toddler-haver I can see where she gets it from. She was speaking to those people like they were her kids. I guess it worked as it meant the rest of the team were united against her.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Also this made me smile

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Here is a short blog post from my friend about his Apprentice appearence-

https://kevfcomicart.blogspot.com/2018/10/kev-on-apprentice.html

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I wish that we could see competent people doing things that are achievable for a change. I feel so done with this show now. The format is so stale. >insert stale doughnut joke here<

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That was a classssic Apprentice episode and I am sure if we were bothering doing the bingo this year we would have all won.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I get so mad when the winning team have a lovely win and make out like they reeeaaallly 'smashed it' or whatever shite term they use. You were still poo poo. Have some humility.

Oh wait no why would they learn anything.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Khablam posted:

Camilla is 22....?

Yeah genuinely surprised about that. I guess she is trying to look older?

I was sorry to see the strongest candidate go in Jackie, but I liked her car speech. And I just realised Tom didn't even get his car speech.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Taear posted:

They also never make a big point of her being young like they do with other people.

Like Alex "I'm 24" dude, I wonder what became of him.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah man there was a fairly long bit where they were practising with some theatre types. And I was watching it while also watching Blippi with my son #greatparenting

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Did someone "win" yet

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, no.

Though tbh when he had 2 winners last year I stopped caring

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Was that even last year or this year

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
....surely you mean the producer's orders?

I feel like they wheel him in after he listens distractedly to Karen and Claude's run down and fires whoever based on that. I don't feel like he gives a poo poo anymore.
Do you remember the season from years ago when you saw him watching them on the home shopping channel, he was sitting at home with his dog in his casual gear on his sofa, tutting away. Now he will literally phone in his 'request'. I reckon he is getting doddery now and this show is low on his list of Fucks to give.
They'd be better off getting a new person in his place, and revamping the format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

crispix posted:

I was actually thinking of doing a thread that would have a sort of comically low-effort summary of each episode and also a summary of how we got to this point in the show's run since 2004. Would anyone be interested in that? I'm unlikely to be motivated to watch the show if not tbh

I loved watching the show and live posting in the threads...... I think the show peaked when Lovely Tom 😍 won and it was never quite the same after.