Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

Whats a dethy

Lots of cops of varying sanities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This was my 400th game! :toot:

Probably a good time for a long break

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hmm sounds cool

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Wow. Grats. Or commiserations

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also grats scum.

Happy im getting a better read on bif.

Graspy gently caress fucker loving gently caress

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

Also grats scum.

I was starting to think he was playing a lot more conservative than he normally did this game which was making me suspicious but too little too late!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

eh, I've been busy at work and getting ready for a rental inspection so I don't think this scum game was anywhere near the Temple Game standard I wish I could reach again

but I like to think I did a good job preparing for my inevitable downfall by distancing way the gently caress away from Gaspy, yes :sun:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Oh my god, GX stole land from Pancho!!!

Noooooo.

:)

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

hambeet posted:

Also grats scum.

Lol sorry buddy

Next game!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Wow, Im honored to have hosted your 400th loss!

(Seriously thats wild, congrats!)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

there's so many ways you could interpret "Ma's Vengeance" when you think about it

vengeance on Punchy Poncho is one obvious one I guess, but vengeance on America for leaving her to fall could also count, really

the only non-negotiable bit is killing whoever RF's character was, (VENGEANCE FOR JEABUS) and also Monty Hall

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

:blush:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Also “Gaspy is the most dangerous town player to face as town” :v:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Asphyxious posted:

Also Gaspy is the most dangerous town player to face as town :v:

No one ever said I was eloquent. But you know what I meant. :v:

I honestly should've figured you for scum when you didn't point out yourself you guys had a Dethy!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Gaspy suggested me as a kill pretty much every night. Rofl.

Thank you other non gaspy scum.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Monathin posted:

No one ever said I was eloquent. But you know what I meant. :v:

I honestly should've figured you for scum when you didn't point out yourself you guys had a Dethy!

I’ve honestly never heard of a Dethy.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

King Burgundy posted:

Oh my god, GX stole land from Pancho!!!

Noooooo.

:)

GX was going to retrofit this entire setting into something acceptable by alternate history nerd standards before thinking "wait, you know what, this is a mafia game series about magic moonshine, does plausibility really matter? Do I really want to annoy Pod with this?"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

Gaspy suggested me as a kill pretty much every night. Rofl.

Thank you other non gaspy scum.

youuuuu're welcome!

ok finally having victory drinks

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I win again.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix posted:

Anyway, gut read

##vote gaspy

IcePhoenix posted:

gaspy sure did stop posting after I voted

lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oh also

Asiina posted:

I don't actually care whether he's scum anymore.

This "I'm taking my ball and going home" attitude from people even mentioning his name is garbage and he shouldn't play mafia and I'm sorry I'm getting aggro but also gently caress that.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

What’s the point of that?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I just woke up let me catch up on-

Woah.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I called to pod that it was a dethy once I saw how many cops there were, and definitely would’ve pushed hard that I was insane / gaspy was scum once I saw the flips, but oh well.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Max posted:

What�s the point of that?

She straight up quit DBZ mafia 2 via requested modkill on like day 5 because we were gonna lynch her, which ended the day super early.

At least I played out the day to give y'all some more content to read from.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

IcePhoenix posted:

She straight up quit DBZ mafia 2 via requested modkill on like day 5 because we were gonna lynch her, which ended the day super early.

At least I played out the day to give y'all some more content to read from.

There is probably a discussion to be had about how and why people feel the urge to quit in various games, and how we as a community can try to make that feeling less common, but mischaracterizing past situations and dredging up posts for public call-outs aren�t really the best ways to start that talk.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

GeneX posted:

There is probably a discussion to be had about how and why people feel the urge to quit in various games, and how we as a community can try to make that feeling less common, but mischaracterizing past situations and dredging up posts for public call-outs aren�t really the best ways to start that talk.

That's fine but the post I quoted was still an incredibly lovely thing to say and not at all accurate of the situation.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

GeneX posted:

GX was going to retrofit this entire setting into something acceptable by alternate history nerd standards before thinking "wait, you know what, this is a mafia game series about magic moonshine, does plausibility really matter? Do I really want to annoy Pod with this?"

I definitely appreciate your help with that first flavor post, it made a huge difference!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Oh yeah, if I didn't make it clear before, all the fluff and flavor was really great!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

That's fine but the post I quoted was still an incredibly lovely thing to say and not at all accurate of the situation.

What happened, in your mind?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Max posted:

What happened, in your mind?

Scum managed to start a day one train on me because of a post taken out of context (possibly intentionally since it was scum doing so) and since it's day one it was impossible to slow it down.

like look at these votes

Podima posted:

:beerpal: Final Votecount for Day 1 :beerpal:

IcePhoenix (9): Max, Bifauxnen, Asphyxious, Asiina, BottleKnight, sniper4625, IllegallySober, Mr. Humalong, Murmur Twin

With 16 people still alive, it took 9 votes to execute.

town, scum, scum, town, SK, scum, town, scum, town

Max
Nov 30, 2002

So you didn't start talking about the wheel of time series and then say you didn't think you should help?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Max posted:

So you didn't start talking about the wheel of time series and then say you didn't think you should help?

You had made up your mind at that point, everything I posted was just made as more of a reason that I was scum, which is exactly what I had posted earlier. When you're feeling helpless and nobody is doing anything to help then it's not worth it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

People have bad days and that's okay. As long as they don't go out swinging just let it go. It might be you one day, etc etc.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Discord logs are archived here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N7SZD_gUleSmt4GAxGIxeVGwmiURZ_O-/
After downloading the log file, you can load it here to read: https://dht.chylex.com/build/viewer.html

Thanks again to everyone for playing! See you next time!

:cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

thanks pod you utter bastard

:v:

• Locked thread