Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't actually care whether he's scum anymore.

This "I'm taking my ball and going home" attitude from people even mentioning his name is garbage and he shouldn't play mafia and I'm sorry I'm getting aggro but also gently caress that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Hal put the IS/IP vote at 4-4 and then hambeet complained that there was a big spread of votes when a bunch of people had 2 votes and then proceeded to put someone else at 2 votes.

What's wrong with tying the vote up and making people make decisions? I half-jokingly did it to annoy Max and I made it clear I was ok with either vote.

I guess you are implying I am scum with IP and trying to cover for him?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

No, hambeet complained about the spread when a bunch of people were at 2 votes...then he voted IS who had 1 vote thus putting him in a large tie with the other 2 vote people.

Yes? That's the order of events I just pointed out? But you didn't say why that's bad.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

TMMadman posted:

No, hambeet complained about the spread when a bunch of people were at 2 votes...then he voted IS who had 1 vote thus putting him in a large tie with the other 2 vote people.

Yes but that was after 2-3 people mentioned how scummy IS looked. We just didn't vote because we were waiting for IS to come back and post some more.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Beet is kinda lying low, but he does claim to be starting things off slower these days and that has checked out recently.

Scummiest thing I've seen from Hal so far is his actually agreeing with me on stuff :v:

I wouldn't mind voting IS, don't know why Gaspy was poo-pooing MT's recent contributions. But I still think IP is a good vote.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Also, there is a big (by American standards, not crazy Aussie giant huntsman standards) spider crawling around my wall right now.

Yuck!

Also go Rockies!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

What's wrong with tying the vote up and making people make decisions? I half-jokingly did it to annoy Max and I made it clear I was ok with either vote.

I guess you are implying I am scum with IP and trying to cover for him?

Yeah like meta time, I literally do that ALL THE TIME, and I know hal has seen it happen and was poking fun at me with his "I want to see what Max does" comment.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Asiina posted:

I don't actually care whether he's scum anymore.

This "I'm taking my ball and going home" attitude from people even mentioning his name is garbage and he shouldn't play mafia and I'm sorry I'm getting aggro but also gently caress that.

This is rich coming from you

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Yes? That's the order of events I just pointed out? But you didn't say why that's bad.

Because he had just been complaining that there is a huge spread of votes. He wasn't trying to consolidate on anyone, he was spreading out the vote more.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

IcePhoenix posted:

None of the above, tyvm

Sigh.

##vote IP

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I get that people saying "I think this is scummy" can be disheartening but you can push past that and say "nah, prove it" or make a case on someone else anyway. There was a long list of people that wanted in on this game, this is lame.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Because he had just been complaining that there is a huge spread of votes. He wasn't trying to consolidate on anyone, he was spreading out the vote more.

Don't agree, when there's a spread with only like 2 votes on someone max, you may as well go with the person you want and then deal with consolidating from there.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Max posted:

I get that people saying "I think this is scummy" can be disheartening but you can push past that and say "nah, prove it" or make a case on someone else anyway. There was a long list of people that wanted in on this game, this is lame.

yes, I was one of them, I concur that it is incredibly lame

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

one of the people on the list, ofc

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

This is rich coming from you

##vote IP really don't want another scooby doo

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That's -1.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Murmur Twin posted:

IP's sin is basically just lurking. It's not inherently suspicious to me. I'm sometimes quiet at the start of D1 and I definitely got frustrated as poo poo when I first started playing Mafia when people would case me seemingly no matter what I said. I think that the momentum on him doesn't justify the strength of the case.

IS went out of his way to make it look like he was searching through the thread looking for scum, and shared with us his observations - but he didn't find anyone to call suspicious. I think that it specifically looks like IS is trying to go out of his way to appear town despite not actually seeming to have any interest in hunting for scum, and I think that the only reason to say "I can't find any cases" (instead of just making a case that might be wrong) is that he's self-conscious scum.

Nah, I'd rather keep the focus on IS and this feels like a derail.

I agree with the bolded and pointed that out to asiina earlier. looking like you're scum hunting and saying 'huh everyone is town' is not really hard to do when scum. finding a convincing case however is much harder

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Also how does this make Hal's vote scummy?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
See here's my problem: I could see one of IS or IP being scum, but I'm just not really feeling it. I'm thinking the scum team is more active in this game and is forcing issues here.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm done engaging with Max for tonight.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OK, well, do you want to no lunch?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Not to mention, I'm really starting to suspect Max is scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Why?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
##vote IcePhoenix

I don't think IS is going to happen and I want to go to sleep.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

hambeet posted:

I agree with the bolded and pointed that out to asiina earlier. looking like you're scum hunting and saying 'huh everyone is town' is not really hard to do when scum. finding a convincing case however is much harder

I feel like there were enough cases out there already he wouldn't have needed to find his own, but just +1 one of the ones already going, so that's why I don't really see that as a problem.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

gaspy sure did stop posting after I voted

Max
Nov 30, 2002

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Oh no! I think IcePhoenix is hammered!

Votecount for Day 1
With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 02nd, 2018 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 11 minutes.

The wagon train is moving at a steady pace. Today's execution method is Standard Majority.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:redhammer: IcePhoenix is hammered, and may no longer post. It is now twilight, and others' posting can continue until I start posting end-of-day stuff - at which point, please stop posting. Thank you! :redhammer:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh right, I forgot twilight.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh good.

TMMadman posted:

I'm done engaging with Max for tonight.

TMMadman posted:

Not to mention, I'm really starting to suspect Max is scum.

I don't appreciate this. I'm questioning you on your logic about why you think Ham and Hal were scummy. You only answered half the question. You don't get to gg out then drop that post script at the same time.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Asiina posted:

Oh right, I forgot twilight.

I wish I could forget Twilight.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Is this “talking about game stuff is OK” twilight, or just shitposting/non-game stuff twilight?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I mean, Madman is right he wasn't going to be able to make a case for someone new with 30 minutes or so left, but I don't think Max is being scummy by asking him to explain his reasoning.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Usually you can talk about game.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

IllegallySober posted:

Is this “talking about game stuff is OK” twilight, or just shitposting/non-game stuff twilight?

I assumed the latter.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm really torn on this whole Cubs-Rockies game. On the one hand I have always liked the Cubs, on the other hand I live in Colorado and like rooting for hometown teams. I wish there was a solution for this problem.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm really torn on this whole Cubs-Rockies game. On the one hand I have always liked the Cubs, on the other hand I live in Colorado and like rooting for hometown teams. I wish there was a solution for this problem.

sports bad

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

I assumed the latter.

I think we can chat about the game if you'd like.

drat, Jon Lester is on fire though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm obligated to root for the Mets, so.

• Locked thread