Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Xaddddddddddd

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

IllegallySober posted:

I’ve re-read the game day, and I believe my recipient left a breadcrumb I’d previously been unaware of, so I’m satisfied on that score for now.

Sounds fake but okay.

Podima posted:

:guinness: Xad replaces Mr. Humalong. :guinness:

- replacement
- Xad

3000% scum

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
As the day draws on and the surroundings slowly become all the more desolate the further west the travelers go, they begin to wonder if the person who mentioned a farming settlement had fresh manure between their ears - how could anyone manage to keep one farm thriving this far from everything, let alone a full settlement? The oxen grumbled and lowed as they pulled the lead wagons over a rise... and the shouts of their drivers echoed back along the wagon train. The settlement was not too far up ahead!

Or what was left of it, in any case. Clearly ravaged by raiders not too long ago, scavengers had already taken care of most of the remains - in all senses of that word. Still, the group resolved to stop for a spell and water the oxen, while those who felt inspired (or bored) could go rifle through the wreckage. Still, it was a good-sized settlement before its end, making for quite a lot of ground to cover in any search - certainly far too much to do alone. But that's what traveling companions are for, after all... right?

Bonus Time!

For the rest of the day, all players, as a free action, may either:

##search for anything useful left behind by the ravages of banditry, scavengers, and plain old time.
OR
##assist <player> in their search, because you can't survive alone on this dangerous journey.

You may change your choice as often as you want during the day, but this is being manually tracked so please exercise common sense.

:cheers: The first player to ##search with three other people that ##assist them will receive a 1-Shot bonus! :cheers:

Podima fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 5, 2018

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
##search

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

May be obvious question, and I'm assuming so, but just in case because of the wording: if someone searches, they'd be able to switch to assisting, yes?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I was looking at the votes and if BK does turn out to be scum, then both bif and MMT will probably need to be looked at because they both moved off of BK yesterday.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I am still unsure about Max, but I'll ##unvote for now.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I will ##search for now! Hopefully we can find something useful!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hmmm

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I guess we kinda need to think about who we want to get a one shot at this point.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I have an idea I just want to see if they’ll go for it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

On their own.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I’m going to sleep but will ##search

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I guess its the thing to do so I will ##search but certainly consider a teamup.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Murmur Twin posted:

I’m going to sleep but will ##search

##assist mmt

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm indifferent on searching but I have yet to see anyone searching I really want to support

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##assist mmt

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm fine assisting MMT.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm indifferent on searching but I have yet to see anyone searching I really want to support

This is the part where you say who you think is towny enough to support. :)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

I'm fine assisting MMT.

This is the part where you say who you think is towny enough to support. :)

I know right? I am trying to come up with someone! MMT is probably a decent choice, looks like she will get there without my help.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

##search

MT's already at two? I think she'd be ok to get it, but not my top choice.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

##search

MT's already at two? I think she'd be ok to get it, but not my top choice.

Is that a joke about how YOU are your top choice?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

Is that a joke about how YOU are your top choice?

well obviously :cheeky:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Just a reminder to people. Bif and MMT were the first two votes on BK and then backed off of him to vote IP and IS respectively, although MMT ended up hammering IP.

If people are thinking that BK is scum, then it stands to reason one of Bif/MMT could be scum who was busing BK. It's a little harder to imagine for Bif since the Bif/BK argument was a big part of D1, but MMT slipped in and dropped a 2nd vote on BK and then moved over to Solus without much fanfare before landing on IS.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, as a note, after MMT moved her vote from BK, she never mentioned him again until the start of D2 after the loudmouth.

TMMadman fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Oct 5, 2018

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Also, as a note, after MMT moved her vote from BK, she never mentioned him again until the start of D2 after the loudmouth.

Actually, scratch that, while she doesn't mention BK by name, she does respond to Asiina about BK here (I inserted the relevant quote):

Murmur Twin posted:

Asiina posted:

I'm honestly still feeling BK because what was scummy to me wasn't his confusion with Bif, but the fact that it looked like he'd decided she was scum and everything she did was scum, and that one thing doesn't change that for me.

Haha there are people - and I'm not going to name names - who sometimes, as town, get overconfident in their early cases and develop tunnel vision where they start to see everything someone does as scummy. :ohdearsass:

I feel like that's what their argument reads as to me.

So if BK does flip scum, I do think MMT looks pretty bad. So people might want to be careful about giving her the 1 shot power.

I think I'd be more likely to give it to Bif.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo, I'm really sorry there Pod. I don't know what happened there with the post that is edited. I think as you can see, I didn't actually edit it.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

##assist MMT

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Congratulations MMT, let us know whatchu got I hope its something nice.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Interesting!

##vote BK

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Should probably still hold the day open to allow for Xad to get in here and post.

But yeah, other than that, I'm fine whenever.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

MMT’s been cool and good all game and TMM’s posts seemed wayyyy too panicky. Not going to let scum try for their own candidate.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

poo poo, I'm really sorry there Pod. I don't know what happened there with the post that is edited. I think as you can see, I didn't actually edit it.
are you using awful app by any chance?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

MMT’s been cool and good all game and TMM’s posts seemed wayyyy too panicky. Not going to let scum try for their own candidate.

i would have assisted you, buddy

but yeah i've been liking mmt's posting so far.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tmm i like the pressure he puts on people because it reminds me of beet 1.0, but his avatar makes me feel anxious because i didn't play a lot of sports i was an inside kid

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

like that dudes neck is the same width as his head

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

i would have assisted you, buddy

but yeah i've been liking mmt's posting so far.

Honestly I’d be a bad candidate.

Hey, you or max? I’ve got a favour to return.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

Hello Xad! Obviously take your time to catch up, but did you get something delivered to you by chance last night?

Hello everybody I'm still catching up but nnnno I don't think I've received anything

and if we ever come across a river: ALWAYS FORD THE RIVER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Asphyxious posted:

- replacement
- Xad

3000% scum

I didn't realize being a replacement made me less scummy

• Locked thread