Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Solus does have early D1 suspicion on BK which is good if BK flips scum. Really nothing on the IS/IP split though other than some shade at IP and no vote on it at all.

I guess I appreciate going a little harder on IS now but it means a lot less since they were basically bullied into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Solus does have early D1 suspicion on BK which is good if BK flips scum. Really nothing on the IS/IP split though other than some shade at IP and no vote on it at all.

I guess I appreciate going a little harder on IS now but it means a lot less since they were basically bullied into it

wait whoa hold on what shade did I ever throw at IP

I was convinced of his towniness from the word 'breakdown'

Quote me a post, posterman

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SolusLunes posted:

IP I'm having a hard time reading overall. He's basically the scumminess equivalent of white noise at this point to me: there's things there, I just don't know if I'd call them scum/town.

Oh wait there we go, I remember this post

(still never voted for him, I never thought he was a good lynch)

SolusLunes posted:

IP is definitely reading as frustrated town and I get it.

He's probably a good target for investigative actions though, but I wouldn't feel comfortable lynching him and I'd prefer a no-lynch.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

*goes searching through Gaspy's own post history*

i think he's quoting himself

Max
Nov 30, 2002

:thejoke:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

What does KB think of all this, though?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

hambeet posted:

i think he's quoting himself

The truth is even funnier.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Max posted:

What does KB think of all this, though?

Woah yeah, I forgot KB was in this game, woops

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Xad posted:

I forgot KB was in this game

lmfao

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh yeah KB when you do show your face around here again you got some questions to answer!!

...did you click that link to see my official Shine drink?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Xad posted:

lol

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SolusLunes posted:

Oh wait there we go, I remember this post

(still never voted for him, I never thought he was a good lynch)

Yeah that was it

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Xad posted:

Don't forget he:

1. Sided with Beek over Bif D1
2. Read TMM as town, until the slapfight, and hasn't read again on him since (his latest read is very equivocal), but he possibly hasn't read the thread and been able to form another, updated read

And most egregiously:

3. Voted for me

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b.o.t.t.l.e.s.h.o.p.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

hambeet posted:

b.o.t.t.l.e.s.h.o.p.

I have no need for bottles, nor any desire to go to the shops

I HAVE A DESIRE FOR BEEK BLOOD THOUGH

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hambeek?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

yeah cmon someone hammer him already we get twilight posting even

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Xad posted:

how the gently caress did I do this, I even made a post earlier about how KB and BK were in the game!

anyways I think we're all just rambling at this point

##vote beek

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah cmon someone hammer him already we get twilight posting even

I mean I'll be back on in like six or so hours and I'll hammer then if it hasn't happened

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

welp nevermind :redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: :henget: BottleKnight

Votecount for Day 2
With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 05th, 2018 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 10 hours, 41 minutes.

Today's execution method is Standard Majority.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:beerpal: Final Votecount for Day 2 :beerpal:

BottleKnight (8): King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, SolusLunes, sniper4625, Murmur Twin, sniper4625, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, Murmur Twin, Bifauxnen, TMMadman, SolusLunes, Max, Xad
hambeet (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Max (0): TMMadman, TMMadman
Asphyxious (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (6): Asphyxious, BottleKnight, IllegallySober, sniper4625, Social Studies 3rd Period, SolusLunes :rubshands:

With 14 people still alive, it took 8 votes to execute.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Final Post Counts for Day 2:

:nono: IllegallySober made less than 10 posts and is ON NOTICE! If they make less than 10 posts in a day again, they will be FREELY EXECUTABLE! :nono:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Leaving the raided settlement behind, the travelers pushed ever-westward. Despite the brief distraction that it had provided, the grim images of burnt-out farmsteads and bleached bones quickly faded in favor of something else far more pressing - the murders and their perpetrator. Who could be trusted, and who was a threat to life and limb?

Despite many sharp conversations and brewing suspicion, the decision for the day felt like a foregone conclusion from the general consensus of the travelers - all that was left was the perfunctory part of things. Even as it set, the blazing sun baked lips cracked-dry and stilled the travelers' tongues while they went about their work. A rope, a tree, and one final gasping breath...

quote:

You've always considered yourself to be a fairly goal-oriented gal. When it was time to leave home and see the world for yourself, you didn't mess around wondering what your parents would think - you just went off and did it! That was still easily one of the best decisions of your life - the things you saw would have been mindblowing to any ordinary person, and the journey was thrilling. But when you heard that your mother had passed suddenly and your father had taken ill, you didn't dither to and fro about the right thing to do - you just headed right back home to care for him! Frankly, you're thankful you did - it meant the world to him to have his daughter by his side as he slowly slipped away from a fulfilling life into the great beyond. But as you watched his body slowly cool, a deep yawning emptiness began to spread through your heart as you realized that, for some reason, you were left without a goal to pursue...

:rip: BottleKnight, aka Zoe McNeil, Self-Aligned Serial Killer {Disorienter}, was executed on Day 2! :rip:
A crumpled scrap of paper with now-familiar writing slips out of their hand. That makes three - but still nobody can make anything of the chickenscratch that covers its surface.

Decision Time!

The journey's route is approaching a wide river. While the water level seems to have subsided a bit from the heat, the rushing river is still high enough to force a decision. Will the wagon train:

A. Ford the River, saving time and energy that would be better spent on extending the day's travel?

B. Caulk the Wagons and Float, using valuable time and supplies to refit the wagons for the river crossing?

:siren: Please send me a vote for A or B along with any action (or lack thereof) you take tonight! Your specific vote will remain secret, but the result will be revealed at the start of the next day. :siren:

With thoughts of what may lie ahead on the rest of their journey running through their heads, everyone sets up camp and prepares themselves for whatever may come next...

:cheers: Night 2 starts now. You have until 9:00 AM EDT, Sunday 07-OCT-2018 for night actions (and your vote) - please let me know if you are specifically not taking an action. Apologies for the slightly extended night phase - I'm traveling and won't have access to a computer to process actions till Sunday! :cheers:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The sun's harsh rays break over the horizon, jolting the travelers from an uneasy slumber. The journey west has already proven to be far more eventful than anyone could have wagered - and it's only barely begun. Sensing the beginnings of a pattern, one group of travelers took it upon themselves to check upon each wagon's riders while the others made breakfast and tended to the oxen. Efficient as it might have been, they were cheated of purpose when one wagon erupted in horrified cries before they could even begin their census...

quote:

You're so excited to see what's out West! Sure, Papa said that the journey might be a bit boring, but that's ok - you've got your little fairy friends to keep you occupied! There's Pippi, who's plenty tenderhearted, and Bippi, who's always jumping scared at every little thing. They're twins, you know! But you can't forget about Olly the responsible one, who does his best to keep that batty ole Wazza in line - and boy is that tough! They've been good companions this whole time... but recently the grownups were drinking something weird, and you just had to sneak a drink for yourself from Papa. Things went a bit swimmy for a moment, and you couldn't believe your eyes - your fairies flew off on their own, one by one, and brought back the most incredible stories of what they'd seen!

You know Papa wouldn't approve of you filching more sips from his flask, but it's too much fun to see what your friends can find out for you - and what kind of mischief you can get up to thanks to them!

:rip: SolusLunes, aka Hyacinthe Easton, Migrant-Aligned Vanilla {Investigator}, was shot dead on Night 2! :rip:

As others flocked to comfort the little girl's grieving parents, the grazing oxen gazed upon the sudden burst of activity with blank stares. One of them meditatively chewed a large mouthful of grass for a few moments before declaring to all assembled:

:pgi:
The following people visited TMMadman last night:
NOBODY

:pgi:

Someone hesitantly proposes eating the talking animal once again, but promptly gets scolded into meek submission - oxen are FAR more important than noisy parrots, after all. Eating oxen, what a ridiculous idea!

Amid the cries of mourning parents and gruff victual debates, the wagon train gets underway for another day of travel.

The wagon train opts to Ford the River by majority vote.

While fording the river goes as smoothly as can be expected, it leaves the oxen exhausted and the wagon wheels mud-clogged. Thus, the travelers are caught unprepared for what happens next...

"What happens when animals drink Shine?" A question generally left unanswered - until now, you suppose. Or at least, that's the best guess the travelers have for why the coyotes chasing their wagons are drooling searing fire/twice their normal size/covered in armored scales/sporting far too many teeth for comfort, depending on which particular specimen they pick out from the slavering horde. With everyone fatigued from the muddy river crossing, it's clear that distracting their pursuers will call for desperate measures...

:siren: Today's execution method is Plurality (the person with the most votes at the end of the day will be executed thrown to the coyotes). The game day will be much shorter than typical. :siren:

:staredog: Day 3 starts now. Deadline is Monday 08-OCT-2018 at 9:00 PM EDT. :staredog:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 3 :beerpal:

Not Voting (12): Asphyxious, Bifauxnen, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, IllegallySober, King Burgundy, Max, Murmur Twin, sniper4625, Social Studies 3rd Period, TMMadman, Xad :rubshands:

The current deadline is October 08th, 2018 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 3 hours.

:siren: Today's execution method is Plurality (the person with the most votes at the end of the day will be executed thrown to the coyotes). The game day will be much shorter than typical. :siren:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Slightly annoyed BK was 3P as that puts like half my cases in the bin.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asphyxious posted:

Slightly annoyed BK was 3P as that puts like half my cases in the bin.

If it helps, I still think your scum.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Talking oxen, and Shine powered coyotes. A veritable cornucopia of zoological terrors.

I'm about to get on a plane, but should be around later tonight EST. Good luck killing the SK, bad luck losing what appears to be a town cop. Now wondering what triggered the TMM declaration.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

TMMadman posted:

If it helps, I still think your scum.

Doesn’t help, no.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Oh duh, occams razor. Instead of it being Asiinas ability like I thought, it's a third party's who just happened to get lucky N1.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

sniper4625 posted:

Talking oxen, and Shine powered coyotes. A veritable cornucopia of zoological terrors.

I'm about to get on a plane, but should be around later tonight EST. Good luck killing the SK, bad luck losing what appears to be a town cop. Now wondering what triggered the TMM declaration.

Why does it matter what triggered it?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Asphyxious posted:

Why does it matter what triggered it?

Because I assumed it was Asiina's power, when that is not necessarily the case. It no longer matters.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

sniper4625 posted:

Because I assumed it was Asiina's power, when that is not necessarily the case. It no longer matters.

Mmhmm.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

*Beetholomew walks out of his wagon yawning, clad only in a fluffy pink trimmed bathrobe, steaming mug in hand*

"That there felt like a long rear end nap!"

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

SolusLunes posted:

Okay so!

Beek is scum, or at the very least, scummy enough that voting for anyone else would be madness.
Bif I'm 95% sure is town, mostly because of her reaction to my awful rolefish.
MMT comes across as townie, for several reasons: 1. She's got a consistent case on IS, and 2. Called me out early on for my odd behavior and bad-at-scumhunting. I will admit I haven't had the time to beetpost in this game quite as much as I wanted to (plus, I had thought D1 was going to last another 12-24 hours from modpost, and then it only got extended two after I went to bed).
Gaspy I can never get a read on. Mostly because I'm always watching him for some stupid good gambit, the only way I'd really trust a scumread on him from myself is if there's night action results (lol, cop) or if he's caught in a lie.
Does look townie for this specific post:

He's not wrong. I have been bad at posting this game and not up to my usual standard.

Max seems town basically because of his pursuit of TMM (and calling me out on occasion):

TMM has been full of bad/wrong opinions this whole game, and is who I'd shoot if I was given a gun. He's never quite jumped off of the 'Bif Is Scum' train of thought, and I'm certain enough that Bif is not.

He's also

Very

Invested

In

What-Ifs.

Which is the only way that could even give Beek a chance of getting out of being lynched today!

No, friend, you'd be much more likely to flip scum than MMT in that case. Your damage control is a little late.

You also didn't bother to vote to assist Bif! It's like you want to leave open the door of accusing Bif as scum.

IS I'll re-read so as to not make a long post even longer.

Reposting Solus' last major case post (besides his follow up IS is also suspicious.) The fact that he so squarely is pointing the finger at TMM means either the latter most likely isn't scum - I don't think scum would be so willing to do such an obvious silencing kill, unless they were desperate enough for some reason and/or counting on something else to distract.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

SolusLunes posted:

Then let me lay down the goddamn gauntlet and call it for IS being scum (but I still want to lynch TMM first).

He's bland, but it feels calculatingly so. I didn't get a gut read but that's because he's posted in such a way to prevent gut feelings. My read on him said scum, and I thought I had made that clear.

I hope I have now made that clear.

Oh huh, i forgot he explicitly called out IS here too.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Is this a scum bus?

I mean I’m pretty sure it is IS but these reasons are a bit yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

sniper4625 posted:

Oh huh, i forgot he explicitly called out IS here too.

hm, that "lay down the gauntlet" poo poo almost sounds like he was trying to communicate cop results, but if he actually had a scum result on IS you'd think he wouldn't stuff around with saying he wanted to lunch TMM first.

Need to check what he said at the start of each day, but he's new enough that he might not be aware of SA convention for best cop practices?

• Locked thread