Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

As far as I know, no. The masonry will end with me if I die, but I don't think anyone else will go with me or anything. Which is why while I want to live, I'm also super understanding of the move.

I'm narrowing down my thoughts to either MMT or sniper at this point, along with a few other things, but I'm on mobile and at work now so a bit slow going, will try to get up ASAP.

My biggest worry is some sort of plot is in play here, and I'm worried about my flip being janitored or buried or whatever the term is around here today...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

Oh your shine use is conditional?

It gets used automatically if I’m attacked which is why I wasn’t really sure if it counts as a shine ability. I’m still not 100% sure if it counts as a shine ability, my PM doesn’t say Bodyguard {BP} so if that’s how yours are worded than maybe it’s not considered that

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

So, if you aren't scum this game. I expect an apology that you suck so bad at reading me that

hahaha KB sometimes you are even more of a drama queen than me good lord

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

It gets used automatically if I’m attacked which is why I wasn’t really sure if it counts as a shine ability. I’m still not 100% sure if it counts as a shine ability, my PM doesn’t say Bodyguard {BP} so if that’s how yours are worded than maybe it’s not considered that

Wait, it does or doesn't say Bodyguard {BP}

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am Bodyguard {Bulletproof} and I performed these actions:
N1: Defend Gaspy (success)
N2: Defend Beet (success)

Oh this is what it says.

So you're a normal bodyguard and may also activate BP with shine I guess?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It being activated automatically is a little hmm

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

TMMadman posted:

Hey sniper have you posted your claim in the format I wanted?

Soon as I get home friend.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

This is interesting. Because if it is anything like mine, his doesn't actually look anything like this. I matched the formatting TMM requested, but my stuff doesn't look anything like this.

And it makes me suddenly wonder about Max and why he thinks it should. But I don't think we are supposed to do this in Pod games:

Podima posted:

[*]No PM comparing shenanigans - format, capital letters, whatever.

So I'm going to drop it here even though I'm super intrigued and pretend I didn't see this I guess.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

It does not which is why I said no shine ability first post but then I read my PM and it sounds like it is a shine ability so I dunno

Max
Nov 30, 2002

No I just forgot that he didn't include that formatting in the PM, it's how he writes out the flips though.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

hahaha KB sometimes you are even more of a drama queen than me good lord

I mean cool, nice deflection, but is your lack of comment on the rest agreement with my interpretation of your scum reads/priorities?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

I mean cool, nice deflection, but is your lack of comment on the rest agreement with my interpretation of your scum reads/priorities?

ah you mean this?

King Burgundy posted:

To be clear about your scum picks then. You currently think it is SS3P, Me, and IS. And despite thinking IS did the kill tonight, you want to do me next. Got it.

interesting guess. I'd said I was suspicious of Gaspy, Sniper, and IS.

This latest stuff from you does have me more suspicious of you and finally easing up on Gaspy a bit, so that was a nice guess on where I currently stand, but why did you drop sniper from the list?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

ah you mean this?

interesting guess. I'd said I was suspicious of Gaspy, Sniper, and IS.

This latest stuff from you does have me more suspicious of you and finally easing up on Gaspy a bit, so that was a nice guess on where I currently stand, but why did you drop sniper from the list?

I mean, there wasn't much guesswork involved given what you said in those posts. We've been talking about a top 3 scum, subbing me in after SS3P, given that I have an action I can't lie about for the night, means you only have room for one person that could be the killer for last night, and you claim to think that is IS. So assumed you dropped Gaspy and Sniper.

I wish I hadn't had to guess at all and you had just made that clear, but thus my post forcing the issue. :)

For what it's worth, now that you've confirmed this is your view, I'm even more sure you are scum. So thanks!

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

You know, there's been one small thing that's been lowkey bugging me, and I'd been pretty convinced that it was nothing, particularly as they would have only had one night action to actually discuss. Why did the scum kill Solus? I suppose it could be completely random or unrelated, certainly. But if I was scum, Solus would probably have been near the bottom of my list, personally. Look back at some of their posts during D2, they were both somewhat quiet as well as just beginning to have suspicions directed their way a little. Perfect to set off to the side for the moment - if you really wanted someone quieter or a lurker to kill, there were other options. (Barring being scum... looking at you here, sniper.) My entirely what-if hypothetical is that a snoop of some sort got lucky out first night on finding Solus out. One night of results would also make it very likely that Solus would be a safe target without worrying too much about analysis of their posts leading back to one of the scum. (I think someone pulled it earlier, but Solus mostly seemed after IS/TMM.)

A lot of that is hypothetical but a theory that makes some degree of sense to me. My point is that I think it very possible one of our snoops is scum. Which, turns me to my accuser, MMT. This morning after waking up to find myself accused (a lovely surprise! :v: ) Max privately asked me for my read, which I mentioned while I'd have to do a reread, my initial half waking up self commented I was leaning town. On my earlier reread I then said I wasn't certain, followed up with another read and now I'm all the more murky. Now I very much think it's possible that I'm getting that read due to her being my accuser, but... glancing back through things, a few observations. For one, for the attention other posters got for their posting D1, I'm curious at MMT's display. Her first full decent post is a point on voting Solus for casing only townie... before literally turning around in her very next post and casing IP and Bif as townie, then turns around to use the very same case against Solus against IS, before ultimately providing the hammer against IP. Not to mention jumping real quick at voting BK D2 before ultimately backing off once the idea of cooling it to avoid ending the day early came up. I'm also concerned about the one-shot D2... I still think something is up with Gaspy, but with two results via investigation apparently, I'm setting that aside for the second. Then, suddenly now claiming as snoop with a result on Gaspy as migrant and sniper blocked / myself as scum which I know is wrong...?

No, I think something is wrong here. However...

My other thought goes to sniper. Taking away jokephase which I barely participated in, your post level is about the same as mine which, impressive! So definitely on the quiet side. Hardly a drat thing to analyze D1 beyond a little bit of weighing in on Bif v BK, a vote on IP fairly late to help push it to the end but not the hammer. Also a quick reactionary vote on BK D2, and then his claim today. A tracker? Helpful owl on D1? sniper, shortly after you made that post things shifted quickly over to me once MMT posted. What do you mean, owl? Is this something I missed, because I don't see anything about a drat owl, but I do see something about a parrot. Is that what you were attempting to claim? Yeah, I don't buy it. In fact, while I'm keeping my eye on MMT, I am gonna

##Vote sniper4625 at this time. I can at least see several ways of how MMT could get the result on me while being town. Your claim and posts so far, though, added together do not make any sense. And to those voting for me, so far... I really think sniper is the right play here. Vote me tomorrow all you like, if I'm wrong here, worst I can do is mason someone. Which, if I survive the day, if anyone has any suggestions, please do. I'd also point out in my defense that, even from if it wasn't the most, I very much tried to improve from D1 on D2, including offering some small thoughts/cases.

I know I'm making a hard sell here, folks, and I don't blame people one bit for following the supposed investigation results. But I really think some sort of plot may be afoot, and at the best I'd like one more go, to try and throw off whatever it may be by surviving the day. Really not a fan of MMT dropping the 'not Migrant' result later in a short day, even if I understand the logic possibly from a town view...

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
If the clinching reason for your decision was a tired person mistakenly remembering a parrot as an owl, I'm not sure that its necessarily the strongest. D2 I certainly wasn't the only one to quickvote BK after the parrot squawked, nor the only one to realize that there was no need to rush it and unvote.

I guess the story is: we've got someone who is likely revealed as non-town (barring MMT shenanigans, but no reason to assume that given current evidence,) and its not me.

##vote ss3p

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That's -3, fyi.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, SS3P is going over all this in mason chat as well, just to be above board.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

sniper4625 posted:

If the clinching reason for your decision was a tired person mistakenly remembering a parrot as an owl, I'm not sure that its necessarily the strongest. D2 I certainly wasn't the only one to quickvote BK after the parrot squawked, nor the only one to realize that there was no need to rush it and unvote.

I guess the story is: we've got someone who is likely revealed as non-town (barring MMT shenanigans, but no reason to assume that given current evidence,) and its not me.

##vote ss3p

Why did you post so much - when you don't have the most posts to begin with, same as me - a total of four times (at least) by my count wondering D1 about Asiina's power/the parrot before ultimately coming out to reveal it was supposedly you all along?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
I've been busy at work but I'm pretty confused by the ss3p result since they've seemed pretty...I dunno, not really scummy in the thread I guess, and I wouldn't have expected a masonry to be scum

I think the reason I'm wary about it is that the only two days I've been in this game seem to have been decided by night actions so we haven't really had a normal "well who should we vote for today" discussion, but we DID kill an SK last night so it's not like it's gone nowhere

I've been talking myself in circles, because I'm not AGAINST a ss3p lunch, we need to test some of the nine thousand cop results. I just feel like I haven't really played mafia yet

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

Why did you post so much - when you don't have the most posts to begin with, same as me - a total of four times (at least) by my count wondering D1 about Asiina's power/the parrot before ultimately coming out to reveal it was supposedly you all along?

If thats what you understood, I apologize - I was simply saying that my results of following BK was that he visited Asiina, as the parrot indicated. Asiinas power was the parrot, now TMMs I suppose.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Xad posted:

I've been busy at work but I'm pretty confused by the ss3p result since they've seemed pretty...I dunno, not really scummy in the thread I guess, and I wouldn't have expected a masonry to be scum

How d'you think I feel? :v:

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
"results as the helpful owl confirmed."

Is not

"I made the helpful parrot squawk."

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

sniper4625 posted:

"results as the helpful owl confirmed."

Is not

"I made the helpful parrot squawk."

Aaah, okay, I see what you mean, but I hope you can see where the confusion comes from based on your post. You're saying that you tracked BK N1 and the results were the same per the parrot, ie both you and the parrot saw BK at Asiina's. Yes?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Xad posted:

I think the reason I'm wary about it is that the only two days I've been in this game seem to have been decided by night actions so we haven't really had a normal "well who should we vote for today" discussion, but we DID kill an SK last night so it's not like it's gone nowhere

I've been talking myself in circles, because I'm not AGAINST a ss3p lunch, we need to test some of the nine thousand cop results. I just feel like I haven't really played mafia yet

Then aside from ss3p, who would you like to lunch?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Aaah, okay, I see what you mean, but I hope you can see where the confusion comes from based on your post. You're saying that you tracked BK N1 and the results were the same per the parrot, ie both you and the parrot saw BK at Asiina's. Yes?

Correct. I can see how it could have been misconstrued, for which I can only apologize - wanted to get my oar in the water asap post flight among the other rl responsibilities.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

You know, there's been one small thing that's been lowkey bugging me, and I'd been pretty convinced that it was nothing, particularly as they would have only had one night action to actually discuss. Why did the scum kill Solus? I suppose it could be completely random or unrelated, certainly. But if I was scum, Solus would probably have been near the bottom of my list, personally. Look back at some of their posts during D2, they were both somewhat quiet as well as just beginning to have suspicions directed their way a little. Perfect to set off to the side for the moment - if you really wanted someone quieter or a lurker to kill, there were other options. (Barring being scum... looking at you here, sniper.) My entirely what-if hypothetical is that a snoop of some sort got lucky out first night on finding Solus out. One night of results would also make it very likely that Solus would be a safe target without worrying too much about analysis of their posts leading back to one of the scum. (I think someone pulled it earlier, but Solus mostly seemed after IS/TMM.)

I'm not sure I follow what you mean here, since snoops in this game are alignment cops. What do you think a scum snoop would have found out about Solus exactly?

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

King Burgundy posted:

I'm not sure I follow what you mean here, since snoops in this game are alignment cops. What do you think a scum snoop would have found out about Solus exactly?

Scum investigator proper perhaps? As said, merely a theory going off of a few levels of speculation. (And I assume any investigation role given to scum would be more than alignment results - they know that already for the most part, 3Ps non withstanding!)

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

sniper4625 posted:

Correct. I can see how it could have been misconstrued, for which I can only apologize - wanted to get my oar in the water asap post flight among the other rl responsibilities.

I get it, but man that smacks of being so convinent, and everyone has claimed at this point so someone isn't being entirely truthful, and I still think it's you.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm . . . hesitantly agreeing with XAD. Part of why I haven't just slammed a vote down on SS3P is because I'm kinda asking him stuff in mason chat but he just seems like a newish player and less like scum. I still want to test that claim but I don't feel 100% about how this is going to turn out.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

sniper4625 posted:

##vote ss3p

Just so you don't forget, I'm also still looking for this:

sniper4625 posted:

A more thorough post on the actual cases at hand to come when I'm not hurriedly phone posting at work.

You may still be at work, but noticed your ramp up of posting, so just making sure.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

at least we're team Phone Posting At Work crew if nothing else :v:

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Oh sure, I was just trying to respond directly to Socials immediate points. Trying to peruse the thread and collate on phone is not great.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Xad posted:

I don't disagree with this. SS3P wasn't on my radar and just seemed like they were newbie posting.

Having said that, I'm not sure that not cuddling the copped scum is a great idea. Feels like we need to pursue it.

----

Also, there is nothing stopping you from playing mafia. Please do.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

I don't disagree with this. SS3P wasn't on my radar and just seemed like they were newbie posting.

Having said that, I'm not sure that not cuddling the copped scum is a great idea. Feels like we need to pursue it.

----

Yeah it's a small game with no flipped scum, this would be a bad distraction going forward, I'm just kinda not so into this as I would be if the result was on IS or something.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

King Burgundy posted:

----

Yeah fwiw, by all means lunching me is probably the right move. All I'm asking for is a reprieve of a day at most to see about testing me somehow if possible, or at least gently caress any scum plots around this today, I'd they're able to do anything. But won't blame folks a bit for going after me. I know I'm under the gun right now, and I've had fun either way.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Max posted:

Then aside from ss3p, who would you like to lunch?

Well, unfortunately for your masonry, I've been suspicious of bif basically all game

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I mean, why do you think I tried to investigate her.

Also, IS, I see you in the game room as currently online, get in here.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

King Burgundy posted:

----

Oh yeah, again I'm not against voting for ss3p at all, we really need to test some cop results, I'm just feeling antsy :v:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Good morning, hi, yo, hello!

Xad posted:

Well, unfortunately for your masonry, I've been suspicious of bif basically all game

But you effectively protected her from two investigations :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Max posted:

I mean, why do you think I tried to investigate her.

Also, IS, I see you in the game room as currently online, get in here.

Ah, right :eng99:

• Locked thread