Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Oh poo poo i missed this thread rng bless my entry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Confirming

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

hambeet posted:

I never played Oregon trail is there a web based version.

Several. Here's one.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

King Burgundy posted:

I'm so excited to set up a new life in the new country led by the best leader ever! Pancho Villa!

I mean if you want to leave the caravan Godspeed, I think the rest of us are going to keep on back to US territory in “California,” or whatever they’re calling it these days to get our share of that there gold.

(I don’t think I’ve seen a map though.)

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Last time I trust one of those budget bargain map merchants!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Max posted:

Also buy:

6 clothes
5 boxes of bullets
1 of every spare part
7 yokes
100lbs of food

This is not enough bullets, we’re going to have to do plenty of hunting. Anyone here a banker from Boston?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I shall sleep ever the more soundly in future nights knowing that the vigil kept in the darkest hours is so strong.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

TMMadman posted:

I'm thinking one of you or KB absolutely has to be scum.

Based on anything?

Also please provide your list of determining factors for party cannibalism in event of a snowbound calamity thank you.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

Yeah, same here. Also not seeing anything suheywait a second...

:thunk:

Spell it out for me, because I'm not seeing what you're seeing. Unless you're talking about the recent murder which yes was very suspicious.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I knew that the perfidous Brit was responsible for the current situation as surely as I knew California remained loyal Federal territory no matter what yarns people tried to spin.

Loving the lore.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Is it true it's impossible to get addicted to two-up as that one guy once said?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Hal Incandenza posted:

He is definitely worth it

I'm curious what makes him so definitely worth it if you haven't.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'd do anything for Asiina.

Except vote, typing the formatting stuff is just a little more than I want to deal with at the moment

Hmmm.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

SolusLunes posted:

(also we brought in a pair of new fosters yesterday, which is why I had no time for mafs)

(they were in a barn fire yesterday morning, momma cat got three of the five kittens out, the other two were in the barn during the fire. The male kitten laid over his sister to protect her from the fire, and he's a bit of a crispy critter. No actual burns, but his fur is all singed, sometimes a bit down to the skin, and his whiskers/eyebrows are burnt off. But his sister's unscathed!)

Get well soon Herocat.

Still catching up on what appears to be the now standard flood of overnight posts, but both BK/Bif have explained their positions enough that I don't think either is necessarily coming from a place of bad faith. IPs overly defensive reaction is interesting, but I'm guessing there's some past game history informing that?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

King Burgundy posted:

IP's reaction makes sense to me based on his recent game history. Also, he is posting a lot more than he has recently as scum in other games. I lean town. I don't fault anyone for going after him though, I see the issues others do.

Is there an almanac of player game history/posting habits somewhere, because I just realized that people could probably say anything they like on that front and those without the same length of experience would believe them unless it's called out by other old timers.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Seems like he considers the pro-townie factors to be outweighed by the vociferous nature of BKs attacks, which he considers to be largely unsupported misintepretations?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
At the moment, the things that twinged me the most were IPs overly enthusiastic defense and BKs series of attacks on Bif - I guess like others I didn't see the supporting evidence for their ferocity. The former could be explained I guess with the metafrustration, and I dont see a late breaking vote for him developing in sny case. The latter, I was hoping BK would pop on at least once more to answer raised questions before deadline before solidifying my opinions.

Most of the rest seemed to be joke posts, discussion of the above, or otherwise white noise overall, at least nothing that gave me a real scum feel.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Wait was there a weird al mafia what

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Asiina posted:

I was Weird Al in Scooby Doo mafia. I was a 3P survivor and changed Max's alignment so we could win together on the last day.

The game technically ended before that day, but I was allowed to do it anyway because I was excited about it.

I did not expect this to be the forum where I learned Weird Al made an actual appearance in a Batman+Scooby Doo crossover movie but I guess none of us know what the day has in store for us when we wake up.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Asiina posted:

From my role PM in that game.

quote:

The Phantom sent him through a trapdoor, and he landed on the lost treasure of Bulldog Benson. He used the money to establish a polka museum.

Bless

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
If I have this right: BK says Bif supported Asiina's case (only to later retreat and recant under pressure) and was calling for suspicion on any TMM voters for a future chainlynch, while Bif is claiming that she was supporting Asiina making a case and was specifically calling out IP for specious reasoning on the lynch. Then uh you both started yelling at each other and things devolved. Correct?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Hal Incandenza posted:

Bif never really supported the case in a meaningful way so that’s not quite right

I mean that's the impression I got too - it seemed like she was glad someone was making an attempt at something, but the following posts made it pretty clear she wasn't enthused about the actual work product. I guess this is why I'm still leaning BK - I disagree with his fundamental suppositions regarding the hill hes chosen to die on.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Wrt the posting habits - I've tried to not make a thing of my mafia newness because I've seen it taken as a low key scumdeflect before, but all I can say is that the 30 aussieposts I woke up to regularly gave me the indication that D1 was more flippant than the rest of the game. Don't worry, I won't try to pull a shrinking violet going forward.

I wish my FRG skills carried over, but I don't think a friendly band of Jacobins led by the Marquis de Sade will spring to my assistance if I call.

Also uhhh you ok Votefinder?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Oh its valid fluff I thought it was an actual RL history speech.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
My reservations about IP haven't gotten any better, and I don't get an overwhelming scumsense from IS.

##vote IP

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
That does not seem right?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
##vote bk

Yeah I'd like to hear more here.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Though fair enough, I'll ##unvote.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

TMMadman posted:

##vote Max

Considering last night's events, what makes you this certain?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Yeah full speed ahead, happy to make this an international voyage.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
It definitely raised the bar for any vote intended as a real vote and not a reaction inducer.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Asphyxious posted:

Ah the waiting game sucks! Who wants to play hungry hungry hippos!

What about a rousing game of Crossfire?

Will hopefully be able to go over things more in detail after morning class, but off the top of my head I do not think TMMs Max case is anywhere near strong enough to overcome the evidence on the floor. Either BK did it, or he's telling the truth and we find out there's someone out there with either the ability to disguise themselves as another or to create fake visits.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Bifauxnen posted:

someone needs to run a mafia game with flavour based on the cooking frg. I wanna see someone claim EAT PUNCHBEEF

Brb timetravelling to the final day and returning with all the mafia identities

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
More just trying to push continued suspicion?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Asphyxious posted:

That’s one way of saying that, sure.

Forgive me if I worded it inelegantly - its early yet. But I suppose it makes sense if so, considering how straightforward the day would otherwise be.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

TMMadman posted:

Hey BK, why did you decide to watch me on N1?

Also interested in this.

If it helps, Ghost of Asiina...we freed the spirit of your parrot to join you in the afterlife? You're welcome.

MMT I'd like to know why you felt so strongly that IS is scum (and I gather still do?) Rereading his posts he gave at least cursory thoughts on a few people as he seemed able, and it didn't seem like he was necessarily rushing to hop on the IP bus until the end.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Murmur Twin posted:

(a) Anyone can give cursory thoughts, it's not like scum players just sit there quietly until they're picked off (unless they're me :eng99:)
(b) I believe that not having scum reads is a scum tell. It's a lot harder to accuse people of being scum if you already know who the team is
(c) When I looked at the d1 vote, I thought that it was abnormal how much more suspicious IP (whose frustration seemed genuine to me) looked to people than IS, which to me was easily explained by people using suspicion on IP to mask having to have an opinion on IS. Pretty much like BK did.

OK gotta go to class, back in a few hours.

Fair points, hopefully he'll be on to respond to these and Bif's from earlier.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Hal Incandenza posted:

That and he apparently visited the NK

I assume SNITCH is the power that let us know about that?

I assumed, though how it triggered automatically as a Shine power on death is a minor question. Maybe Asiina drank up as a precaution?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Max posted:

Should read, every night I used the power.

Yeah this is my current assumption of what happened - Asiina had a shine power that revealed who visited her at night, she popped it N1 as a precaution, and BK got caught out. Not really I guess as much of a point as I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Murmur Twin posted:

But yeah, I think BK and IS are scum.

The only thing stopping me from saying "let's just vote BK, end the day, and see what happens from there" is that Pod mentioned a one-of bonus being offered this game day and I want to see what's up with that.

Was this a thing in past shine games? Ie, does anyone have a sense of how it would work?

• Locked thread