Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
hi me hi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Lumpen day 1 turbo confirmed.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hello friends!

I'm voting for the first person to make a joke about dying of dysentery.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

You fucker, always beating me to the punch.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Anyway, I just want you all to know I have my DOCtorate in COmPrehensive studies of aTRACtion between VIGorously metal states. I'm looking forward to lecturing you all about it over the campfire.

Max confirmed arsonist.

##vote Max

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
In my experience, you only really need one bullet to be effective.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
"Hmm, Zara, I don't know about these folks. I don't think they're good people."

"They're good people."

"Yeah, you're right, maybe I shouldn't be so paranoid. I'm sure they're fine."

"They're fine."

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Why either of those opinions, really.

Assuming they're both real reads.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't think that's how that works.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Fair?

You could have just said "lol I was joking these clearly aren't legitimate" and that would have been one thing.

You got self conscious and came up with a fake rear end reason instead.

This is a good post.

Max is my buddy in this game again.

##vote Madman

This is a real vote.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
wow @ both of you

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's not much of a case atm, but essentially if it was a jokevote then okay, which is why I gave the opening for him to say it was, but he seemed to imply it was real but gave a strange half-joke reason that you and KB are usually not the same alignment is him.

Also saying Max isn't being fair by pointing out that's a weird thing to say.

How isn't he being fair?

Basically that whole little back and forth was weird and I didn't like it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'd do anything for Asiina.

Except vote, typing the formatting stuff is just a little more than I want to deal with at the moment

I forgive you.

Voting is difficult. :love:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have awakened!

There are many posts. Most excellent.

I will read the many posts.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
A most excellent page snipe.

Yes, well done.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah that was a fun reread.

Here are my opinions on sussing out: I'm fine with Bif's usage of the term to describe what I was doing, because it's accurate. I don't know Madman's alignment and am putting some pressure on via a vote to see where it goes.

Something I'm surprised she didn't bring up as a reason she thought that, but I thought made it pretty clear that I'm not certain I'm right was my explanation to MMT. I describe it as "not much of a case yet" and "feels weird" because that's about where I am. It's a very weak D1 case, but my first non-joke thoughts of the game. If that's what we end D1 with, content wise, that would be a shame.

I suppose I don't really have problems with people thinking I'm more certain than I am, because I've put down a vote, so honestly that whole linguistic analysis all reads alignment neutral for me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
As for Bif and BK, I definitely think Bif comes off looking better. Maybe it's because I know she's right about my motivations, but I don't really see the idea that she's being unclear in any way. She doesn't think it's a strong enough case to vote on right now, but thinks I'm townie for making it. She's vote it at the end of the day if she needed to, but hopefully something better will come along.

Also can we agree that chain-lynches are not actually scummy because like there's no reason that they are. Looking at someone's post and going "if this happens, I'm going to be suspicious of you" is a totally normal and town thing to say. Especially because if you're town there's always a chance you die at night, so why not put your opinions out there now. It's not like you're locking yourself into a vote by saying that. That never actually happens.

Anyway, as for BK, I agree with MMT and it really seems like BK went into this going I WILL CASE SOMEONE, picked Bif, and came up with the reasons afterwards. I think the way he appears to be going after all of it as scummy is what gets me. Like Gaspy broke down Bif's post and went "these are parts I agree with, these are parts I disagree with" which feels townie because he's not approaching the post with his mind already made up. BK seems to decide everything Bif does is more evidence that she's scum. That always has the hallmarks of a fake case to me, since even scum are going to make some good sounding points sometimes.

I'd vote BK.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Anyway, this post caught my eye because I cannot figure out why they would bring up hypothetically be cased instead unless they had a guilty mindset, and would like IcePheonix to expand on this.

Also once again I agree with Max. That IP post pinged me too, in that it feels too defensive a reaction for someone saying "I might be suspicious of you later if this thing happens."

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

hambeet posted:

everyone is too well behaved on this wagon, i'm pretty impressed actually. keep it up team!

YOU SMELL LIKE POOP!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asphyxious posted:

It’s scummy if you just tunnel and don’t assess new information, though. Like if you said something like my above example day 1, then stick to it ignoring night 1 and day 2, that’s dodgy.

Yeah, but so is any amount of "##vote whoever okay see you D3" nonsense.

If you're using it as an excuse to check out, that's scummy, but it's the checking out that's scummy not the set up itself.

Wait for the person to do the scummy thing before calling them scum.

(It's my content game all over again)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

hambeet posted:

to the bold part, but to reiterate what i said earlier, bif has kinda done the exact same thing back to bk. so while i was 'meh' on the whole thing (because you have to start somewhere) bif's last couple of posts on it made me tad less comfortable with bif at this here campfire ya see.

I just see that as defending herself though, since BK's posts are about her, so it doesn't really feel like the same thing to me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My problem with BK's vote, which he just continues afterwards is that it's too many reasons. It's "look at how many scummy things Bif has done" in a short period of time, and how every part of every post after that is an example of her scumminess.

It doesn't read as someone trying to determine someone else's alignment. It reads as someone who has decided their alignment and is making a case up after the fact.

Like it's the kind of case I think a cop would make on someone they copped as scum but they don't want to reveal.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also IP getting mad at the softest of soft pressure I think is scummy.

I'm hesitant on that read though, because if it's genuine "tired of being cased early as town" emotions then he's only going to dig this hole deeper the more it's brought up and the more he makes it about himself, and I can easily see it turning into a mislynch later in the day as scum find ways to pile on.

I have no meta knowledge of IP getting cased early to fall back on here, so I'm going to default to believing people's emotions are real, since that's always a good default, and mafia dad a little by saying if you want pressure taken off of you, then participate and look like you're making effort to case other people and people will be more likely to believe you when you say you're town. Focusing intently on someone going "hmm that's a little weird" will only ever make them look at you worse.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yes, it's too much for a vote.

It's early D1 and here comes beek with 3 reasons why Bif is definitely scum and then all the other posts are just more reasons she's scum and he's super confident in his vote.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote beek

I'm feeling stronger about this now.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hmmmm

Gut read entirely, but I'm making my official prediction that KB is scum in this game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

This makes me really happy.

:love:

We'll see, friend.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Not from me, at least.

I had a pretty good track record of being able to gut read whether KB was scum or not before his new meta, so I'm just putting my prediction in now.

It's absolutely not where I'd want to vote today and also don't expect it to convince anyone else, but I want to call it early in case I'm right.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't really get that multi-quote post Solus just did, because it seems like you're leaning for BK as town, but then declare Bif town and vote for him.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Get the gently caress out of my head.

We are one.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Look just because Max is my surrogate mom and I would die for her doesn't mean that we have magic powers.

C'mon now, that'd be ridiculous.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

No we’re just still weird al aligned, it’s a cross game alignment now.

That too.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
We're also "can't use bb-code" aligned.

Many shared alignments.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

For the record I'm super jealous that due to scum/sk killing me, I did not get a shot at being Weird Al aligned.

I gave you a ticket and everything, just in case. :negative:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Anyway, what's happening in this game?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was Weird Al in Scooby Doo mafia. I was a 3P survivor and changed Max's alignment so we could win together on the last day.

The game technically ended before that day, but I was allowed to do it anyway because I was excited about it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

sniper4625 posted:

I did not expect this to be the forum where I learned Weird Al made an actual appearance in a Batman+Scooby Doo crossover movie but I guess none of us know what the day has in store for us when we wake up.

From my role PM in that game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
But anyway, since deadline is in a few hours.

People I'd vote for, in order: Beek, Madman, IP, KB, Solus

People I won't vote for: Max, Bif, Hal

Everyone else I suppose I could vote for if a good case came up, but I don't really see any reason to atm

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Honestly, I'm still fine with the deadline. I think we can consolidate today, but :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

I'd like to get to the meat of the game. Even if it means me dying faster. So yeah, pro continuing with today's deadline. Its simple majority, so its not like we will be forced to no cuddle.

Oh, I forgot that's what that meant.

Still, a definitive majority would be good.

• Locked thread