Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
In!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

Hello I would like to observe

Pervert.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

*carefully reads title and OP backwards*

It’s clearly a.. a.. GF VIS game so it’s all about girlfriend visibility

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I’m here! I love Shine! Let’s do this!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Noice. You want a Scooby snack?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Like, what flavour?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

“Someones gotta watch the caravan at night,” said Jaspy with a twinkle in his eye “ ‘sides, my opinion is all the most interestin’ stuff happens under them stars. Downright inspirational if y’ ask me. Which y’ didn’t.”

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Murmur Twin posted:

Good morning!

I haven’t mafia’ed for a few months now, has anything major changed that I need to know about?

lllllets say “no” and keep it easy and breezy in here..

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

“Somehow amongst all these scuffles y’ name always gets mentioned right before the fists start flyin’ but technic’lly your hands are clean, Addy,” Jaspy gazed at the moon dreamily “ f’ now..”

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

“Ain’t gonna loss my temper on this trip. The night air is cool, the company is good, and the shine pours like treacle from a candy mountain. Whether we strike gold or no, this is gonna be a sweet ol’ trip,”

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

meanwhile i have this stuck in my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM5-xFenaZI

I have “country road” stuck in my head for this game.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

KB’s one read is saying you’re not scum.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

I agree with Asiina and am willing to put my vote where my post is. Plus what they did to beet was just mean. Also, gently caress the Cubs :colbert:

##vote TMM

Hmmmmm.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I feel like I’m going to have to sit down and break down that bif post later as I kept getting headspins trying to read through it.

This isn’t me having a crack, just legit finding it hard to follow at this moment.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Okay I’ll break it down a bit Bif, most of it was me getting lost while trying to skim read your posts (always a bad idea, I know) but there’s a couple of things that pinged me.

Bifauxnen posted:

- I think Asiina sounds like she's "sussing out" what she thinks of TMM, all good

- which implies that despite being sure she wants to vote him, she does not in fact actually know his alignment. This confused me as I don’t think I’d use “sussing out” to mean this at all. “Sussing out” would be more if Asiina was uncertain of anything/everything, whereas she actually seems pretty certain already.

- This looks townie of her, regardless of whether it ends up right or wrong. this is true enough, but again not sure it matches part b

- I'm not convinced yet that it's worth a vote yet myself. cool, agreed.

- While I see why TMM reads as weird to her, I also find it a bit unlikely that a scum would come out swinging that fast with such blatant gambler's fallacy nonsense to make themselves look that silly. agreed but don’t like the little bit at the beginning, hedgey.

- If nothing else comes up though, it'd certainly be good enough for D1. Is it? Because that doesn’t sit right with me

- And if that is what happens, and it turns out TMM is town, I think that vote of IP's does sound a bit overwrought, like scum trying to get a bandwagom rolling. Strong agree

- The "chain lunch" you are assuming for me would depend on a lot of factors between now and then: the TMM lunch happening, him being town, IP not sounding any townier by then, nothing else grabbing me more by then, etc. I would certainly want to NOT pursue this further if he comes up scum. there are a LOT of assumptions here, I know you’re playing “what ifs” but it’s a lot of hypotheticals

- But nice try. ehhh

##vote BK

I actually agree with you but I found myself periodically not agreeing with you during your case which was throwing me off.

So I agree with you but I’m very wary of you, if that makes sense :v:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

It’s pure semantics but “sussing out” really isn’t “placing a vote and making an absolute claim”, sussing out is like, asking probing questions or making statements and seeing how they react.

Asiina has travelled past “sussing out”.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

ugh Gaspy's style of response was annoying to quote but it was a lot more convenient to read, so I'm gonna copy it here.

I got the idea from Beet, it’s probably the best way to effortpost on the phone.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

and i stole it from either max or anpu

My face has never twisted so hard mid sentence.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

Come on, I thought we liked Max?

Lol you know what I mean.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I’ve been a bit distracted today, did this game open when only Aussies were around? I feel like I’ve seen the same 4 highly predictable names over and over and not much else.

Must say this is the chattiest I’ve seen Hal so that’s a plus at least.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

"Quut yer yabberin Jaspy, tell us what's yer take on all this talk of votin' n lynchin'?"

Honestly no strong anything at the moment. I keep flinching thinking slapfights or aggro is about to kick off but everyone’s being pretty reasonable which then makes me suspicious but I’m trying not to read too much into that.

In bif vs bk I feel better about bif. Her posts were harder to parse and the defence of semantics wasn’t great, but I think her content was more accurate to the situation. Wouldn’t vote either of them at this point.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Look, I have a lot of love for Anpu but I was losing my loving mind watching that game.

Max posted:

I have important thoughts about sussing things out, but don't feel like sharing them.

Why? Just don’t feel like it or worried about pontificating or what?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Asiina posted:

I have awakened!

There are many posts. Most excellent.

I will read the many posts.

I hope you love the words “sussing” and “out”.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Asiina posted:

Also can we agree that chain-lynches are not actually scummy because like there's no reason that they are. Looking at someone's post and going "if this happens, I'm going to be suspicious of you" is a totally normal and town thing to say. Especially because if you're town there's always a chance you die at night, so why not put your opinions out there now. It's not like you're locking yourself into a vote by saying that. That never actually happens.

Yes to all of this. I think people jump at chain lynches when they’re not really there, in exactly the way you’re suggesting. Saying “if x happens I’ll be suspicious of x-person” isn’t scummy and writing it off as setting up a chain lynch is just kinda shutting down conversation.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

chain lynches aren't scummy, they're just bad logic sometimes

It’s scummy if you just tunnel and don’t assess new information, though. Like if you said something like my above example day 1, then stick to it ignoring night 1 and day 2, that’s dodgy.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

We were having such a chill time :(

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I didn’t really see pressure on IP and I think his reaction is a bit ott in the circumstances.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

##vote IllegallySober

I’ve just reread illegallysober and I’m not seeing it, from peoples description I was expecting a bit of Dick Bastardly “clearly not reading the thread properly thought salad” kinda stuff but it wasn’t really there. The only thing that looks even kinda bad is asking for other cases, which just left me feeling kinda ehh.

My take is that IP’s reaction was still completely out of nowhere so I’m calling confected outrage.

##vote Icephoenix

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Like I interpreted his posts to mean him “catching up” was he was literally rereading a handful of people then just kinda gave up, which is crappy play. But when I reread his posts I didn’t get pinged at all which gave me pause.

As I said the worst part was him being like “well what are the cases that aren’t bk?” like bk is a sure vote, when he’s said he thinks bk is town.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

TMMadman posted:

It's not any of the usual suspects that people are throwing out right now.

I am quite concerned that Max is scum and I'm going to die on N1. He seems to hold no real opinions and instead is present in the thread looking to get other people to comment. Now obviously that can go either way, but I'm still worried.

I still think bif is scum. I'm confused about the unvoting, but I still think she has been misrepresenting herself.

I don't really have any solid town reads, although I am kind of leaning town on BK. Neutral on the newish people sniper/Solus. Giving you the benefit of the doubt for the moment.

I'm also slightly concerned about hambeet. I'm not sure where he stands on anything.

Looking forward to getting thoroughly loving annihilated by the Max/Bif/Beet/Asiina scum team!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

TMMadman posted:

But you are in the scumdoc with others?

Hmmmmm.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

I still like Solus better, but I'll give this a go.

[B]##vote is[\b]

:crossarms:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

If such paltry parlor tricks weren’t so far beneath him, I’d almost say that looked faked.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Max posted:

Rolecall, how many people are actually here?

Here.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Sorry if the crappy comment offended you but also big ups for getting annoyed at the guy defending you instead of the people saying your content is completely fake because you’re scum?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

From my standpoint you lightly read like 4 people then vanished sorry for not being loving psychic that something came up.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Feeling bad about MMT despite her attendance.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Every post I make is scummy so I'm taking Hal's advice and just not posting

Ehhhh.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Asiina posted:

Do you mean this?

Cause if not, uh, is that a scumslip?

Oh please god yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

it's the post asiina quoted

Ehhhhhhhhhh.

• Locked thread