Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Happy with my vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

gaspy sure did stop posting after I voted

I’d be angry at you making bad reads on me when I’m town but you’re dead so I’ll call it even.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

Jesus aaand if I'm reading right I wound up the only person not voting. Awesome, neat. Really loving hope I can do a bit better in day 2, cripes. I hope I didn't get a bit over my head! (Realtalk I should be alright, but, man. Now I know what to expect a bit better.)

Rightyo.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

TMMadman posted:

##vote Max

Nope.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I picked A because I thought the “villains” thing might mean scum getting some sort of bonus and didn’t want to risk it.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

Where's the fun in that?

Just want to make sure I don’t run out of snacks.

Want another one?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

TMMadman posted:

I don't know if what they did is scummy yet because I don't know the alignment of IS yet.

However, if IS is actually town, then yes, I think it is scummy that hambeet complained about the votes being spread out but then didn't vote to consolidate votes on the people that had 2 votes (and I would have to take a look at those people) and also think that Hal could be scummy for putting two people in a tie at 4 votes, although to be fair, that would be less of an issue at that point. I'd have to go through the votes again to really nail it down.

This doesn’t line up for me, what does Hal get from doing that that’s greater than the risk of sticking his neck out. Hal’s an “I don’t give a gently caress” player not a tricksy gambit player. If anything to me that makes Hal look better not worse.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I don’t think the vote on IP needed to be “nudged along” at that point or any point really.

I’ve seen plenty of very real and very obnoxious Hurt Feelings meltdowns in the last few games and IP’s read as incredibly fake comparatively. Nothing he posted after that made me think he was town so I was pretty comfy with my vote, despite how wrong it turned out to be.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Obviously scum would have been on the vote somewhere but as town I thought he was scummy as gently caress so I figure I wasn’t alone in that assessment.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

oh poo poo, this Dan Murphy's doesn't have the vaguely affordable Suntory Kakubin, only super fancy expensive Suntory poo poo, even if it's for Shine I'm not spending over a hundred bucks on whisky hope Pod doesn't modkill me

?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

omg no wait, I'm saved, I just found THIS

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

My link is better :v:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I reread Asiina to see who she was looking at, the only people she really thought were scum were BK and KB.

In my experience KB wouldn’t have picked a) someone suspicious of him and b) someone actively contributing so it’s a closed loop, unfortunately.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

ok I'm going to look at lurkers and I discovered something shocking

Max has more posts than Beet

##vote hambeet

(yes yes I will vote BK later just sayin)

Wrong.

Bifauxnen posted:

ko-mah-ay-dah

Wrong again!

Koh-mah-eh-da

Bifauxnen posted:

not that I got a scumread on TMM but why leave him out hmmmmm?

Less wrong? I thought Asiina cooled on TMM so figured that wouldn’t factor in but I may have misread it.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Asiina posted:

But anyway, since deadline is in a few hours.

People I'd vote for, in order: Beek, Madman, IP, KB, Solus

People I won't vote for: Max, Bif, Hal

Everyone else I suppose I could vote for if a good case came up, but I don't really see any reason to atm

Yep I was wrong, it was Solus she cooled on, and got a little suspicious of MMT.

Also I keep editing “suss” into “suspicious” out of respect for imgay, who isn’t even in this game.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

oh no you DI INT

Twice you challenge my linguistics, twice you fall.

You don’t see me challenging you on retro game music, do you?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

if I knew the freakin dictionary phonetic characters off the top of my head Idve used that instead but my informal one was FINE gently caress you

Fine for a yank.

*incredibly Bifauxnen voice* “hi-ROWAR-sh’ma”

And it’s International Phonetic Alphabet, not “dictionary characters”

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

i dunno if it's a timing thing or if the parrot fingering bottleknight has put a bit of a damper on today

I think it’s the timing. The parrot fingering I think maybe makes people want to case a bit less though, as evidenced putting forward anything that isn’t bottle knight looks a bit dodgy. Look at the reaction to TMM voting max, etc

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

The onus then would be on bk if he were town to generate reads/content etc on the way out but I kinda think that’s not going to happen for obvious reasons.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Ah the waiting game sucks! Who wants to play hungry hungry hippos!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

*sitting around the campfire* "has anyone play werewolf? i could run a game" beetholomew suggests

Fun fact, the company that made the werewolf card game also made a word game version called “Were-words”.

I was in the promo video they used as part of the Kickstarter!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

sniper4625 posted:

What about a rousing game of Crossfire?

Will hopefully be able to go over things more in detail after morning class, but off the top of my head I do not think TMMs Max case is anywhere near strong enough to overcome the evidence on the floor. Either BK did it, or he's telling the truth and we find out there's someone out there with either the ability to disguise themselves as another or to create fake visits.

I got a lot of thoughts on TMM casing max but I’m not sure TMM was trying to say Max was a better lynch target than BK.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

sniper4625 posted:

More just trying to push continued suspicion?

That’s one way of saying that, sure.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Rereading BK he mentions he’d vote for IP but that he thought he was town (which now makes sense), what’s interesting is he doesn’t engage with the IS case at all just says he feels better voting for IP, despite thinking he’s both town and being genuine.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

TMMadman posted:

Yeah I guess you did in one of your only real opinions of the day. It was so early in the game I forgot about it.

I just reread max and saw a fair few opinions on a fair few posters so are you deliberately misrepresenting his posts or just being kind of rude

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

So yeah that's humalongs and IS mainly.

Check out Solus’ posts today for a bumper crop of no reads and tangents as well.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Considering what was recquired to get into this game, we should have zero lurkers :/

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Max posted:

At this point I'd just say call out the person then.

Agreed

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Podima posted:

:rubshands: Mr. Humalong is withdrawing due to unexpected work issues. Seeking a replacement promptly. :rubshands:

Lol the system works!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

IllegallySober posted:

I’ve re-read the game day, and I believe my recipient left a breadcrumb I’d previously been unaware of, so I’m satisfied on that score for now.

Sounds fake but okay.

Podima posted:

:guinness: Xad replaces Mr. Humalong. :guinness:

- replacement
- Xad

3000% scum

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

##assist MMT

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

MMT’s been cool and good all game and TMM’s posts seemed wayyyy too panicky. Not going to let scum try for their own candidate.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

i would have assisted you, buddy

but yeah i've been liking mmt's posting so far.

Honestly I’d be a bad candidate.

Hey, you or max? I’ve got a favour to return.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Xad posted:

I didn't realize being a replacement made me less scummy

It’s like when an old pinball machine reaches 9999 then flips back around to zero.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

no one besides her had any assist votes yet. Is there any special reason you had to lock this down so fast?

You mean other than the reason I gave in the post you quoted? I’ve had a solid town read on MMT all game so I saw an opportunity to make sure Town got the power.

Not a fan of that outcome?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

uhhh im not sure about your favours

One bespoke gobby for Max it is!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I wouldn’t know :smith:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

I thought she was casing enough to probably not have her scum allergy this time, but everyone apparently deciding out of nowhere that she's THE towniest all of a sudden, plus you locking it in already has me fuckin paranoid now

##vote Asphyxious

(still gonna vote BK, but consider this a writeup)

Faaaaaaake.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I made the right choice. No way was I going to assist TMM or Studies but thanks for confirming you were a bad bet too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

TMMadman posted:

I quoted this and was going to tell you to look at the MMT vote for BK and then how she moved away from it.

I'm the only person I know isn't scum. I'm trying to narrow it down, but man, everyone in this game is scummy as poo poo.

I'm coming around on the idea that BK is actually scum and if he is then I think MMT/Gaspy are scum with him. It's also possible that IS is scum too and MMT went for a double bus, but that seems a bit risky.

With a 16 player game, I'm expecting to most likely see 4 non town, either as a 4 person scum team or 3 scum + 1 SK/Survivor, but it could possibly be 5 non town as a big 5 person scum team or 4 scum + 1 SK/Survivor. Although given that we only had 1 NK to start D2, I'm thinking there's probably just a single scum team and maybe a survivor out there.

Given that BK is 100% going to flip scum I don’t like this being slipped in here. How would I be scum if BK is?

From your posting today good odds you’re the 3P, I noticed from your inflections that you’re posting in a vacuum but I think that’s not the town tell I thought it was.

• Locked thread