Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Gonna try and make a bit of a defense here... I'll be in and out a bit throughout the day, but wanted to summarize and post some thoughts while actually at a computer/not on mobile, so pardon the slightly longer post...

For this post, I'm going to account for the fact that my creation of the masonry isn't what's in question here, it's my alignment - the masonry existing being confirmed by both Bif (my pull N1) and Max (my pull N2) ...

Max posted:

That's why I don't think I'm looking at two scum faking it, it's about the amount of discussion I would expect from an unconfirmed masonry.

Gaming this out, what? That means between the two of us, Bif and myself, there should be at least one confirmed town member, with the other possibilities being two town / one town + one scum. I know I'm migrant-aligned, and obviously Max I know you'd make your own assessment on this, but does the chat prior to your adding in seem to suggest myself as scum? Not that there's a ton to go by, mind you, but I'd at least like your thoughts on that, if at all possible, please.

Secondly, I have been informed that apparently scum masonries are a thing which, huh. Interesting. But I still stand by my earlier point, for the most part. At this point literally everyone left alive has claimed, and something doesn't add up / someone is a liar. Five cops (with two dead), a snitch and a tracker, two inventors, a motivator to double actions, the echo... come on. What's more likely, we've got liars (including the snoops!) amongst all that, or the town is so overpowered while one of the few potential scum slots goes to... a masonry? With a lack of knowledge on the meta, maybe I'm wrong and there's something bizarre going on here, but it doesn't sit right to me. Obviously, someone isn't telling the truth, and I know I'm being truthful here.

Also, I'm potentially making an assumption here, but going by what Max said a bit for our three snoops, with him having had two shine: have you all used up all your Shine? Mighty convenient none of you held on to anything to investigate a bit later, isn't it? Obviously, that could be a lie to lay low from scum or incorrect, but... definitely find that potential odd. But maybe it's better to use it fast instead, idk.

Next, I am more than happy to submit to any additional investigations or lie detecting. Seriously! If any of our snoops do have any Shine left, it could be interesting to get an additional result on me to clear up some things or see if MMT's snoop is legitimate or insane or whatever. I would very much like to live to see tonight as I have an idea of what to do with the final Shine I have left, to answer a question or two, but understandably I get that that may be hard to take on faith.

Which, next point: alright, let's say I'm scum. I'm not, but allowing that possibility for a moment... what? I invite someone to a masonry, and that's it? Legit, help me out there. Converting up to three people to scum would be absurd, I doubt it's any sort of secret lover situation - and my flavor at least doesn't make me think I'm insane in some way or form. Obviously if I'm scum I'm a vote for the scum team, and could potentially process the NK, but I doubt we're in a must lynch or lose situation. (We probably have, what, 3-5 scum?) Give me a night is all I ask for, and if the situation hasn't changed, come right back and lynch me tomorrow, certainly. (On the flipside of this argument, as a townie, I also acknowledge losing an unconfirmed masonry isn't the hugest deal either, which, I don't have a rebuttal to. I do understanding lynching me today seems the right move, but I know it's wrong.)

Finally, because I know someone will ask: my thoughts on scum?
-Hum/Xad: Not a whole ton of content from either and has been super lowkey. Same to sniper, honestly.
-I still strongly think between TMM or Bif, at least - at least! - one of them are scum.
-Gaspy keeps pinging my radar, hard, and I really don't like you went ahead and took my comments out of context earlier. But I know you've been cleared, twice over apparently, but I'd stil lwatch you closely.
-MMT, maybe, after going back through her posting, but I also won't be surprised if there's some sort of result fuckery going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

As far as I know, no. The masonry will end with me if I die, but I don't think anyone else will go with me or anything. Which is why while I want to live, I'm also super understanding of the move.

I'm narrowing down my thoughts to either MMT or sniper at this point, along with a few other things, but I'm on mobile and at work now so a bit slow going, will try to get up ASAP.

My biggest worry is some sort of plot is in play here, and I'm worried about my flip being janitored or buried or whatever the term is around here today...

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

You know, there's been one small thing that's been lowkey bugging me, and I'd been pretty convinced that it was nothing, particularly as they would have only had one night action to actually discuss. Why did the scum kill Solus? I suppose it could be completely random or unrelated, certainly. But if I was scum, Solus would probably have been near the bottom of my list, personally. Look back at some of their posts during D2, they were both somewhat quiet as well as just beginning to have suspicions directed their way a little. Perfect to set off to the side for the moment - if you really wanted someone quieter or a lurker to kill, there were other options. (Barring being scum... looking at you here, sniper.) My entirely what-if hypothetical is that a snoop of some sort got lucky out first night on finding Solus out. One night of results would also make it very likely that Solus would be a safe target without worrying too much about analysis of their posts leading back to one of the scum. (I think someone pulled it earlier, but Solus mostly seemed after IS/TMM.)

A lot of that is hypothetical but a theory that makes some degree of sense to me. My point is that I think it very possible one of our snoops is scum. Which, turns me to my accuser, MMT. This morning after waking up to find myself accused (a lovely surprise! :v: ) Max privately asked me for my read, which I mentioned while I'd have to do a reread, my initial half waking up self commented I was leaning town. On my earlier reread I then said I wasn't certain, followed up with another read and now I'm all the more murky. Now I very much think it's possible that I'm getting that read due to her being my accuser, but... glancing back through things, a few observations. For one, for the attention other posters got for their posting D1, I'm curious at MMT's display. Her first full decent post is a point on voting Solus for casing only townie... before literally turning around in her very next post and casing IP and Bif as townie, then turns around to use the very same case against Solus against IS, before ultimately providing the hammer against IP. Not to mention jumping real quick at voting BK D2 before ultimately backing off once the idea of cooling it to avoid ending the day early came up. I'm also concerned about the one-shot D2... I still think something is up with Gaspy, but with two results via investigation apparently, I'm setting that aside for the second. Then, suddenly now claiming as snoop with a result on Gaspy as migrant and sniper blocked / myself as scum which I know is wrong...?

No, I think something is wrong here. However...

My other thought goes to sniper. Taking away jokephase which I barely participated in, your post level is about the same as mine which, impressive! So definitely on the quiet side. Hardly a drat thing to analyze D1 beyond a little bit of weighing in on Bif v BK, a vote on IP fairly late to help push it to the end but not the hammer. Also a quick reactionary vote on BK D2, and then his claim today. A tracker? Helpful owl on D1? sniper, shortly after you made that post things shifted quickly over to me once MMT posted. What do you mean, owl? Is this something I missed, because I don't see anything about a drat owl, but I do see something about a parrot. Is that what you were attempting to claim? Yeah, I don't buy it. In fact, while I'm keeping my eye on MMT, I am gonna

##Vote sniper4625 at this time. I can at least see several ways of how MMT could get the result on me while being town. Your claim and posts so far, though, added together do not make any sense. And to those voting for me, so far... I really think sniper is the right play here. Vote me tomorrow all you like, if I'm wrong here, worst I can do is mason someone. Which, if I survive the day, if anyone has any suggestions, please do. I'd also point out in my defense that, even from if it wasn't the most, I very much tried to improve from D1 on D2, including offering some small thoughts/cases.

I know I'm making a hard sell here, folks, and I don't blame people one bit for following the supposed investigation results. But I really think some sort of plot may be afoot, and at the best I'd like one more go, to try and throw off whatever it may be by surviving the day. Really not a fan of MMT dropping the 'not Migrant' result later in a short day, even if I understand the logic possibly from a town view...

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

sniper4625 posted:

If the clinching reason for your decision was a tired person mistakenly remembering a parrot as an owl, I'm not sure that its necessarily the strongest. D2 I certainly wasn't the only one to quickvote BK after the parrot squawked, nor the only one to realize that there was no need to rush it and unvote.

I guess the story is: we've got someone who is likely revealed as non-town (barring MMT shenanigans, but no reason to assume that given current evidence,) and its not me.

##vote ss3p

Why did you post so much - when you don't have the most posts to begin with, same as me - a total of four times (at least) by my count wondering D1 about Asiina's power/the parrot before ultimately coming out to reveal it was supposedly you all along?

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Xad posted:

I've been busy at work but I'm pretty confused by the ss3p result since they've seemed pretty...I dunno, not really scummy in the thread I guess, and I wouldn't have expected a masonry to be scum

How d'you think I feel? :v:

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

sniper4625 posted:

"results as the helpful owl confirmed."

Is not

"I made the helpful parrot squawk."

Aaah, okay, I see what you mean, but I hope you can see where the confusion comes from based on your post. You're saying that you tracked BK N1 and the results were the same per the parrot, ie both you and the parrot saw BK at Asiina's. Yes?

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

King Burgundy posted:

I'm not sure I follow what you mean here, since snoops in this game are alignment cops. What do you think a scum snoop would have found out about Solus exactly?

Scum investigator proper perhaps? As said, merely a theory going off of a few levels of speculation. (And I assume any investigation role given to scum would be more than alignment results - they know that already for the most part, 3Ps non withstanding!)

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

sniper4625 posted:

Correct. I can see how it could have been misconstrued, for which I can only apologize - wanted to get my oar in the water asap post flight among the other rl responsibilities.

I get it, but man that smacks of being so convinent, and everyone has claimed at this point so someone isn't being entirely truthful, and I still think it's you.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

at least we're team Phone Posting At Work crew if nothing else :v:

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

King Burgundy posted:

I don't disagree with this. SS3P wasn't on my radar and just seemed like they were newbie posting.

Having said that, I'm not sure that not cuddling the copped scum is a great idea. Feels like we need to pursue it.

----

Also, there is nothing stopping you from playing mafia. Please do.

Yeah fwiw, by all means lunching me is probably the right move. All I'm asking for is a reprieve of a day at most to see about testing me somehow if possible, or at least gently caress any scum plots around this today, I'd they're able to do anything. But won't blame folks a bit for going after me. I know I'm under the gun right now, and I've had fun either way.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

King Burgundy posted:

There are a couple problems with delaying. If you ARE scum, it is possible that your power in some way revolves around your masoning. Like maybe you are secretly turning them into lovers or something and they'll go when you go, if so, giving you another day to acquire a third partner just lets you endgame us essentially.

However, even if we ignore weird tinfoil stuff, if we left you alive today, and tried someone else and didn't get scum, it puts us in a potentially really bad position tomorrow. Theoretically tomorrow we'd be at 10 players alive if scum get a kill tonight. It could actually be 9 players alive if Bif is really a vig like she says. Then if there were actually 4 scum left, tomorrow is lylo. And since we've left you till tomorrow, we now have to either cuddle you because you are the result on the table, or forgo your cuddle again because we are worried about it. If you are town and we wait till tomorrow to cuddle you, we potentially lose.

I may be completely off here, I've glanced through the thread so much by this point, but didn't you also share a conviction on sniper as scum? Because I can also turn the argument back on you: are you not put in the exact same position if I'm town? And do you really, truely believe there are five cop roles, all of them town, all of them telling the truth, and all of them above board/not insane in some way?

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

King Burgundy posted:

Not at all. Your cuddle is based on a result. We have no result on Sniper. So the situation is totally different.

If we cuddle you today, tomorrow we are just left with Mafia. I'll probably try to convince people it's Sniper, its true. Or Bif. Or Xad. But it will be a discussion that is based mostly on play for most people(I weigh night stuff a lot more than most, so I'll still be using that to inform my reads). And there will even be a bit more info to inform it. Who did scum kill and why? Did TMM come in with results, what are they? Etc.

If we saved you for tomorrow, there are going to be plenty of people who want to cuddle you regardless of play. And that is a bad position to be in at lylo.

---

I've already given several theories for how I think the cops could actually be sound and the game could still be balanced. I think Sanity is a really boring way for Pod to handle it, so I'm hoping he didn't go that route. I like my ideas very much even if no one else has given them the time of day. :)

My only concern is that my results on the flip wind up modified or changed or some way. As someone who knows I'm innocent, the idea of my flip being weaponized is terrifying as I'm unsure how that could easily be repaired. Still think there's some sort of error with MMT's results in some way or form or there's a plot at foot. But I know I can't offer any proof of that and that's definitely a jump a bit.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I just have kinda run out of things at this point. Still not a fan of how that reveal of the results was done - hm, yes, let's wait until everything is in pretty much and then reveal, later on in a short day... But I do also see the logic at the same time I guess, hah.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Three and a half hours left. Yeah, more or less ran out of things on my side. Happy to offer up any thoughts if folks wanna ask questions, particularly if I'm supposed to be scum. Maybe I'll slip and reveal something? I mean I'm not so I won't, but by all means, go for it. Anything I can do to help in the time I've got left, I guess!

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Bifauxnen posted:

got a Lumpenlist?

(try and rank everybody from Scummiest to Towniest)

Working on it. Not sure how helpful it'll be, but sure! Though gosh I've typed a lot on mobile today, haha.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

hambeet posted:

to the latter part: who knows? but we can't ignore the data of a non-town result, we need to test it. only once the flip has happened can we take stock and see where to next. we can't realistically do that before hand. was mmt right and you're scum? well that'll be interesting, outside of a scum bus it'll make her look pretty good. we can then go from there and wonder about the other snoops (me included). if you flip town well we can then argue the wifom regarding sanity / gambits,etc, but we can only do that post your flip.

Oh, I know! I just think there may be a better way to test than killing me, somehow, and as someone who knows my innocence and with us still with no scum got, I don't want us to waste the time. And, y'know, I wanna live. But as ever I don't blame this move at all today, just kinda hard to argue out from under the gun like this, hah.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

hambeet posted:

unfortunately there isn't. using the lie detector on your post (if the lie detector isn't itself a lie heh) is a waste of resources sorry, it's far more economical to lynch and flip you, get info on mmt from the flip and then go and lie detect someone else!

no, i'm not a sociopath, why do you say that? :v:

Sociopath. :v: Nah it's cool, I know. I just really, really hope my flip comes up right...

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

IllegallySober posted:

Guess I’m the only one around right now.

##vote SS3P

I am, but, well, :shrug:

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

King Burgundy posted:

That's -1. I don't think there is any reason to hammer just in case people have more to say.

Can today even be hammered with the voting rules? Not that I have much more to say otherwise than it's been fun.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

hambeet posted:

*looks back at snarling wolves*

"uhh... god speed social studies!"

As a gossip, I love to chat! Wolves are no different?

... right? :ohdear:

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

hambeet posted:

I heard they can be a bit... snappy.

That's alright, so can I.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

GG, scumteam. And thanks for running the game, Pod!

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Couple thoughts/questions:

1.) What did wind up happening with MMT's scan on me?

2.) Awesome flavor for the game.

3.) bif we were mason buddies how could you do this </3

4.) I think I did OK for my first game! Shoulda kept on my guns for Gaspy early on. Thanks for makin it fun, y'all. While the vote on me was very much the right move, I think, all things considered -

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

-Hum/Xad: Not a whole ton of content from either and has been super lowkey. Same to sniper, honestly.
-I still strongly think between TMM or Bif, at least - at least! - one of them are scum.
-Gaspy keeps pinging my radar, hard, and I really don't like you went ahead and took my comments out of context earlier. But I know you've been cleared, twice over apparently, but I'd stil lwatch you closely.
-MMT, maybe, after going back through her posting, but I also won't be surprised if there's some sort of result fuckery going on.

- not perfect, but pretty close, just sayin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Max posted:

Insane cop means they get the reverse result.

Yeah saw Pod's post right after mine. Hah!

• Locked thread