Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Give it to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

He is clearly going to post another thread shortly after and declare this thread false.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Lumpen day 1 turbo confirmed.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Sounds like you shouldn't let MMM play.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

hambeet posted:

Conforming

drat you, I was going to make that joke.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

hambeet posted:

No prizes for second

:wink:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

sniper4625 posted:

I mean if you want to leave the caravan Godspeed, I think the rest of us are going to keep on back to US territory in “California,” or whatever they’re calling it these days to get our share of that there gold.

(I don’t think I’ve seen a map though.)

You need to recheck the map, you're in Shine country now.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Anyway, I just want you all to know I have my DOCtorate in COmPrehensive studies of aTRACtion between VIGorously metal states. I'm looking forward to lecturing you all about it over the campfire.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also buy:

6 clothes
5 boxes of bullets
1 of every spare part
7 yokes
100lbs of food

Max
Nov 30, 2002

sniper4625 posted:

This is not enough bullets, we’re going to have to do plenty of hunting. Anyone here a banker from Boston?

5 boxes is a shitload of bullets. Just shoot 2 deer or one bear per hunt.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Nothing but pain and suffering out here.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPIP9KXdmO0

Max
Nov 30, 2002

My legs hurt from running.

TMMadman posted:

I vote we get stuck in a mountain pass during a snowstorm and we are forced to eat Beetholomew and Jaspy in order to stay alive.

No just go hunt something that isn't more than 100 pounds.

Murmur Twin posted:

This is definitely TMMs scum game, I’m sure of it ##vote tmm

TMMadman posted:

I'm thinking one of you or KB absolutely has to be scum.

Why KB?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asiina posted:

Why either of those opinions, really.

Assuming they're both real reads.

I disagree with the MMT read outright, I just wanted to know how he could have even found something on KB, but that doesn't matter because:

TMMadman posted:

When I'm in a game with KB and MMT, we are rarely all the same alignment. It surprisingly happened in the Shive V soldiers game, so I'm fully expecting one of them to be scum in this game.

This is bad.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Yes I have legitimate reads after 3 posts by everyone.

Max isn't playing fair here.

Fair?

You could have just said "lol I was joking these clearly aren't legitimate" and that would have been one thing.

You got self conscious and came up with a fake rear end reason instead.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmmmmm.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

BottleKnight posted:

It’s dumb but idk how it’s bad, unless i am not understanding what you mean by bad

I’ll phase your joke

##vote humalong

Max
Nov 30, 2002

God damnit I quoted the wrong thing:

Mr. Humalong posted:

Joke phase off to a wonderful start!

My joke sucks now.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

At least it's consistent with the rest of your posting :smugdog:

I am owned.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Listen

I watched my buddies die all around me, with their loving guts hanging out of their bellies while they screamed "Mommy, where are you!?" then before expiring, painfully.

I don't care anymore, Pancho can have it all.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Fascinating

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I have important thoughts about sussing things out, but don't feel like sharing them.

I think bk comes out better from that argument, only because I found my initial TMM post paper thin in terms of content. I like Asiina going with it and putting her money where her mouth is, I like people going "wow hmm Asiina may be on to something here" far less since they all hold back their votes. That was mostly Hal & Bif from memory, so reading along, I agreed with BK's initial call out.

Anyway, this post caught my eye because I cannot figure out why they would bring up hypothetically be cased instead unless they had a guilty mindset, and would like IcePheonix to expand on this.

IcePhoenix posted:

Bif the only way I could have justified that vote any less would be to just vote without giving any reasoning and then you'd be casing me for that instead

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also TMM should come back and rejoin the conversation.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

My face has never twisted so hard mid sentence.

Wow!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That was far too subtle sarcasm on my part. I have nothing else to add to that discussion. Sussing out = trying to figure it out. Now this is awkward.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

sometimes I think Mafia isn't really about casing, it's about letting out all your aggression into punishing people for not interpreting reality the way you do

I find its more trying to understand the reality someone is claiming they live in, and if it's genuine or if they're lying their butts off.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

o before e

Anyways, I'm just sick of people deciding my votes ping them on day one. It's always "IcePhoenix seems like they're overjustifying maybe scum??? :thunk:" and then I just vote with a short justification and it's "IcePhoenix is clearly trying to start a bandwagon, scum???? :thunk" and then if I'm out of thread and see a case that's good and agree with it and vote on it it's "Oh is IcePhoenix bussing? SCUM????????!??!!??!?!?!?! :thunk::thunk::thunk:" and I just don't know what you assholes want from me anymore, and it's really annoying because I would just like to play the whole mafia game instead of constantly defending myself on day one which inevitably carries over to the next days because now I'm a target.

You're not going to like this:
##vote IcePhoenix

I don't think I put much pressure on you, and I don't like this reaction to my comment.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The point of this is that you weren't even a topic of conversation until you made an argument with two people about yourself. Now when I've pointed it out, and Asiina made a +1, this has suddenly turned into a lot of aggro then I think is warranted?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

You didn't individually but you are part of a collective and if you can't see that you must be an umpire/ref

OK

What do you think of the other cases?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

I didn’t really see pressure on IP and I think his reaction is a bit ott in the circumstances.

Yes.

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't like that bif has hedged so much, but the rest of it is a lot of arguing back and forth that will be more relevant after we see a flip or two, IMO.

Despite that, I still feel that TMM is the better vote.

Could you expand on why you think TMM is a better vote?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This is why I'm pushing him to comment on other cases.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Who would you vote?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

sniper4625 posted:

Is there an almanac of player game history/posting habits somewhere, because I just realized that people could probably say anything they like on that front and those without the same length of experience would believe them unless it's called out by other old timers.

I don't like relying too much on meta when making calls. It's OK for like, day 1, but past that you can start putting meta by the wayside. It's possible for people to actively change things up and it does also exclude people who aren't really aware of it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asiina posted:

Hmmmm

Gut read entirely, but I'm making my official prediction that KB is scum in this game.

Whoops forgot to switch my account.

(I also agree with Asiina)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I was mostly pinged by his multiple town calls he made in a row without much effort to look for suspicion elsewhere. I know he's going for a new meta but he's usually still kind of spiky.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh poo poo that deadline.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

Which you did while I was posting a bit it seems, so, neat. :v:

No he didn't

Max
Nov 30, 2002

SolusLunes posted:

Alrighty then let's break this down!

D1 had a couple of phases it went through, obvious jokephase:

These read a lot like Max missing jokes, and idle off-the-cuff observations, and reading a looooooooooot into them. But he never voted TMM so :shrug:

I can see where IP put his vote on TMM but I don't see the case. The twenty-emote meltdown does come off as frustrated town, but I'm not willing to give him credit, since all he did is hitch his wagon to Max/Asiina's admittedly poor case. (Max never voted TMM!)

This is good, subtle prodding of someone to make them firm their stance. That's pretty townie in my opinion.

The 'chain lynch' is a wild misinterpretation of what bif has said. (incidentally, I've always read 'sussing out' as 'coming to a conclusion due to a collection of facts and gut reads')

This is a worthwhile observation, though.

Okay this is fair but it's pretty OMGUSsy

This is how I read bif's original post, incidentally.

Then there's a lot of posting about posting.

I just don't understand why BK decided to double down on misinterpreting things Bif said, when bif was extremely clear.

Basically my two major reads are BK as Pretty Scum For Day One and, to a significantly lesser degree, Max for his complete robot-ing and missing jokes and off-the-cuff observations from TMM.

##vote BK

Not a fan of these reads. Can you find a quote from BK that makes you think he doubled down on misrepresentation when you pretty much agree with 2/3's of the posts you quoted from him? From the way you wrote that I would think you'd land at "I think bif is scum"

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asiina posted:

I don't really get that multi-quote post Solus just did, because it seems like you're leaning for BK as town, but then declare Bif town and vote for him.

God loving damnit Asiina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Get the gently caress out of my head.

• Locked thread