Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

Sounds like you shouldn't let MMM play.

Let him play, I am willing to replace in when he leaves and people will still think I am scummy so it is ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hello my migrant friends

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

WHY are all these funny talking folks on this caravan?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I appreciate that even in these heated times we are free to quote racist movies that would never get made these days!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

I think he means the opposite of good.. ungood if you will.

Well kB and mmt have been scum in the last few games I played with them so that leaves you tmmm.

Welp.

Lock it in folks, that’s one down

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

After reading the wikipedia page I can say I've never seen anything like that played here.

But if you want to put some soups on the next Cowboys game, I can point you towards a bookie. Or at least tell you which cellblock he's housed in.

We have coin flipping here

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

My mom is named Beetholomew

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I stand with Asiina

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

BottleKnight posted:

Are you saying TMM is worth a vote, then?

He is definitely worth it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

Fascinating

I am nonplussed

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

sniper4625 posted:

I'm curious what makes him so definitely worth it if you haven't.

I'd do anything for Asiina.

Except vote, typing the formatting stuff is just a little more than I want to deal with at the moment

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm just trying to be honest with my feelings here

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Alright I rested up a bit so I can ##vote TMM

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I dunno that defense from bif seems a little TOO defensive

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

oh god let's please don't replay Culture Mafia

Was I in that? Did I accuse you of being defensive? Was I wrong?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

ok lunch over, but Gaspy I would like you to spell out for me precisely what bits are confusing you.

Well after your explained your own post he has no excuse, it was much more readable the second time around

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Was it the Donald Trump thing? Must have been...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

None of the ~420 mafia games I was in have Culture in the name!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Ah it was contact in cudahy, sorta like Culture, I suppose you were referring to.

Yeah let's never replay that, that was like a bottom 3 mafia moment for me

I don't think this is really anything like that though, I just think you were surprisingly upset about that BK post but I am willing to see where it goes

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asphyxious posted:

Okay I’ll break it down a bit Bif, most of it was me getting lost while trying to skim read your posts (always a bad idea, I know) but there’s a couple of things that pinged me.

I actually agree with you but I found myself periodically not agreeing with you during your case which was throwing me off.

So I agree with you but I’m very wary of you, if that makes sense :v:

Makes sense to me!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

I'm about to head out to work, so I'll see if people can spot the problem with that bif post.

The post is too long

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Cat story is amazing

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

o before e

Anyways, I'm just sick of people deciding my votes ping them on day one. It's always "IcePhoenix seems like they're overjustifying maybe scum??? :thunk:" and then I just vote with a short justification and it's "IcePhoenix is clearly trying to start a bandwagon, scum???? :thunk" and then if I'm out of thread and see a case that's good and agree with it and vote on it it's "Oh is IcePhoenix bussing? SCUM????????!??!!??!?!?!?! :thunk::thunk::thunk:" and I just don't know what you assholes want from me anymore, and it's really annoying because I would just like to play the whole mafia game instead of constantly defending myself on day one which inevitably carries over to the next days because now I'm a target.

Wow I mean you can do what I do and just ignore them

But overjustifying votes is definitely a thing scum do

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Alright then, tell me where in those posts that Bif told BK what she thinks of me?

I thought she said she didn’t really think much about you yet, but that she thought Asiina was casing in good faith even if she didn’t think it was a great case. I’m not 100% sure what you are driving at

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

I wanted to jump on IP because he was the third vote on me (or the 2nd vote if you don't count MMTs joke vote) and those votes always trigger me.

It is possible he's scum, but I'm realky wondering if Hal is the scum vote on me.

But what if we are all town thinking you are scummy?

IPs vote is probably the worst of the votes I suppose but you haven’t been coming across very townie this game

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

My problem with BK's vote, which he just continues afterwards is that it's too many reasons. It's "look at how many scummy things Bif has done" in a short period of time, and how every part of every post after that is an example of her scumminess.

It doesn't read as someone trying to determine someone else's alignment. It reads as someone who has decided their alignment and is making a case up after the fact.

Like it's the kind of case I think a cop would make on someone they copped as scum but they don't want to reveal.

Yeah I can see this. It’s a pretty big attack for a single post early in the game. I can’t recall if BK is normally so aggressive

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh glad for the extension I’m just getting ready to leave work and won’t be able to seriously read for a little while.

TMM seems better I guess from recent posting...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

sniper4625 posted:

If I have this right: BK says Bif supported Asiina's case (only to later retreat and recant under pressure) and was calling for suspicion on any TMM voters for a future chainlynch, while Bif is claiming that she was supporting Asiina making a case and was specifically calling out IP for specious reasoning on the lynch. Then uh you both started yelling at each other and things devolved. Correct?

Bif never really supported the case in a meaningful way so that’s not quite right

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

Basically, IS'es posting reads like my posting when I'm scum, behind on a game, and have that scummy self-consciousness where everyone seems town and I can't think of any fake cases.

Honestly I feel stronger about IS than I do about Solus, but I don't want to start pushing a new target close to deadline if people aren't around.

I agree w/r/t IS, those are some super-surfacey reads too

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am here through deadline now, I will ##vote IS because bad posts are worse than no posts in my book

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Actually, I forgot IP posted his "pick anyone with fewer posts than me" thing and then completely disappeared. Maybe there's a reason he has 4 votes

Ah yes that post pinged me too, I would also vote him with no qualms but I wanted to make things even to see what Max would do

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Pretty sure Hal's advice was just post your thoughts and ignore what other people say about them.

This is correct

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

IllegallySober posted:

Which specifically of my posts do you find bad?

Well I mean they are all "bad" in the sense that you seem to have written up some summaries of people's posts, then randomly(?) picked me and MMT to call out and then said nothing of substance about us and then went back to posting summaries and just don't seem particularly invested in anything you say.

Now that IP has posted more they may look worse than you however and you are here so maybe you can change my views on you with dazzling IllegallySober casework

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

:beerpal: Votecount for Day 1 :beerpal:

IcePhoenix (4): Max, Bifauxnen, Asphyxious, Asiina
IllegallySober (3): Murmur Twin, hambeet, King Burgundy
BottleKnight (1): Bifauxnen, Murmur Twin, Asiina, SolusLunes, Bifauxnen, Murmur Twin, Asiina
SolusLunes (1): King Burgundy, BottleKnight, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, King Burgundy
Bifauxnen (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, BottleKnight, TMMadman, BottleKnight
TMMadman (1): Murmur Twin, Asiina, IcePhoenix, Hal Incandenza, Murmur Twin, Asiina, IcePhoenix
hambeet (0): SolusLunes, SolusLunes
Mr. Humalong (0): Max, Max
King Burgundy (0): TMMadman, TMMadman
Max (0): Asiina, Asiina
Murmur Twin (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (5): IcePhoenix, IllegallySober, Mr. Humalong, sniper4625, Social Studies 3rd Period :rubshands:

With 16 people still alive, it takes 9 votes to execute.
The current deadline is October 02nd, 2018 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 23 minutes.

The wagon train is moving at a steady pace. Today's execution method is Standard Majority.

Why is this an hour old?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

oh haha I was like help I am in a time loop

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Hal put the IS/IP vote at 4-4 and then hambeet complained that there was a big spread of votes when a bunch of people had 2 votes and then proceeded to put someone else at 2 votes.

What's wrong with tying the vote up and making people make decisions? I half-jokingly did it to annoy Max and I made it clear I was ok with either vote.

I guess you are implying I am scum with IP and trying to cover for him?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Also, there is a big (by American standards, not crazy Aussie giant huntsman standards) spider crawling around my wall right now.

Yuck!

Also go Rockies!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm really torn on this whole Cubs-Rockies game. On the one hand I have always liked the Cubs, on the other hand I live in Colorado and like rooting for hometown teams. I wish there was a solution for this problem.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

I assumed the latter.

I think we can chat about the game if you'd like.

drat, Jon Lester is on fire though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

sports bad

Even stuff like ping pong and croquet?

• Locked thread